Are the polls skewed?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 04:59:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Are the polls skewed?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Poll
Question: Are non-GOP/Rasmussen polls skewed w/ too many Dems?
D-Yes

D-No

I-Yes

I-No

R-Yes

R-No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Are the polls skewed?  (Read 4022 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2012, 09:58:47 PM »

LOL @ Democrats who think Romney is going the way of Mondale.

What are you going to do when Romney wins on Election Night?

Get into my trans-dimensional flivver and head home to this timeline where Obama has won.  It truly is a shame that one can't stay too long in other timelines without risking insanity.  That one where President Hollings used his veto to made certain that Social Security was not used to make the deficit appear like it had disappeared when it hadn't is one I would really like to live in.  Of course, the less said about that timeline where Perot won, the better.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2012, 10:02:23 PM by nhmagic »

...and in Iowa Democrats are asking for absentee ballots at a rate of 5:1 over Republicans... there are all kinds of dynamics, not the least of which being different deadlines and requirements.

If this is all you can point to, good luck to you.  
Iowa is a state Obama won last time.  It would be nice to win it, but you know that the data we have from 2 states that will certainly matter to Romney looks good.

Oh, and I just found out that my $30,000 job has what Obamacare considers a Cadillac health plan for its employees and I will be taxed for it - fantastic.  Such a wonderful feeling knowing that I'm so rich and the president is ensuring that I pay my fair share.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2012, 10:00:24 PM »

...and in Iowa Democrats are asking for absentee ballots at a rate of 5:1 over Republicans... there are all kinds of dynamics, not the least of which being different deadlines and requirements.

Iowa is a state Obama won last time.  It would be nice to win it, but you know that the data we have from 2 states that will certainly matter to Romney looks good.

If it helps you sleep at night, go right ahead, but it's not as indicative as you think.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2012, 10:17:17 PM »

Yes, we all know the Chicago Machine has flooded Iowa. Big deal.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2012, 10:18:11 PM »

...and now conspiracy theories... keep going.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »

Oh, and I just found out that my $30,000 job has what Obamacare considers a Cadillac health plan for its employees and I will be taxed for it - fantastic.  Such a wonderful feeling knowing that I'm so rich and the president is ensuring that I pay my fair share.

Yep, and he's going to double-whammy everybody when he lets the 2001 tax cuts expire on December 31.

With the election out of the way, he'll finally get to put the "tax" back into "tax-and-spend liberal."
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2012, 10:19:57 PM »

You've complete gone off the deep end, Politico.  Your words hardly form sentences anymore.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2012, 10:21:09 PM »

You guys are clinging to a few absentee ballots in Iowa. I mean, give me a break. We all know why that is happening in Iowa:

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2012, 10:22:15 PM »

Get help...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »

I can just imagine Politico sitting at his desk staring at a map of Iowa trying to figure out why Romney is doing to so poorly there only to pull his trembling hand away to unmask the shocking discovery in the corner of the photo: CHHICCCAGGGOOOO!!!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2012, 10:38:41 PM »

I can't wait until he realizes that Chicago is very close to Wisconsin and easily within a good day's driving distance of Ohio as well.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »

And I bet the reason Obama lost Missouri and Kentucky in 2008 is that they just didn't drive far enough.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2012, 10:48:56 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2012, 10:54:34 PM by Politico »

I can't wait until he realizes that Chicago is very close to Wisconsin and easily within a good day's driving distance of Ohio as well.

Obviously the Chicago Connection is going to pay dividends in Wisconsin, too. But early voting for non-veterans/overseas folks has yet to start in Wisconsin, right? That's why large resources have been deployed to Iowa right now. You guys are naive if you don't think they're sending volunteers from Chicago into Iowa, and later Wisconsin too. These boys are playing with millions of bucks.

Romney's guys are going to be sending volunteers into New Hampshire from Boston.

This is all part of the game. I think some of you simply misinterpreted what I was getting at.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2012, 10:52:20 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2012, 10:54:19 PM by Senator Scott »

Obviously the Chicago Connection is going to pay dividends in Wisconsin, too.

You guys are naive if you don't think they're sending volunteers from Chicago into Iowa and Wisconsin.

Romney's guys are going to be sending volunteers into New Hampshire from Boston. This is part of the game.

I personally saw a parade of Obama volunteers from Connecticut voyaging up to New Hampshire back in 2008: men, women, children, and horse-drawn carriages.  Like the Great Migration, it was.
milhouse24
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2012, 11:12:12 PM »

I think the Polls are skewed along party identification and enthusiasm based on liberal media bias.

Due to media bias, it is still "cool" to be a "Democrat" and "proclaimed Obama supporter" even if in reality the person is a "fairweather fan" who might not even vote or support Obama.

Basically, these "fairweather fans" want to seem cool as an "Obama supporter" but have no real intention of going to the voting booths. 

Even "enthusiasm for Obama may be high because of the media" but in reality people are buying into the media hype, but when push comes to shove, there is no way they are going to vote. 

I could be wrong, but I still think Obama will have a BIG PROBLEM with turnout. 

These polls are definitely the liberal media trying to suppress Romney turnout by depressing republicans.

But I just have a suspicion that on Election Day, the "self-proclaimed Obama supporters" will be far lower than expected. 

Obama might still win, but I just don't buy it that "real-real enthusiasm is there for Obama supporters" - Its "cool" to publicly support Obama but not actually cool to "actually go voting"

Obama has won the "Media Hype Wars" but Romney can still win with a high Conservative turnout. 
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2012, 11:14:42 PM »

I think the Polls are skewed along party identification and enthusiasm based on liberal media bias.

Due to media bias, it is still "cool" to be a "Democrat" and "proclaimed Obama supporter" even if in reality the person is a "fairweather fan" who might not even vote or support Obama.

Basically, these "fairweather fans" want to seem cool as an "Obama supporter" but have no real intention of going to the voting booths. 

Even "enthusiasm for Obama may be high because of the media" but in reality people are buying into the media hype, but when push comes to shove, there is no way they are going to vote. 

These polls are definitely the liberal media trying to suppress Romney turnout by depressing republicans.

But I just have a suspicion that on Election Day, the "self-proclaimed Obama supporters" will be far lower than expected. 

Obama might still win, but I just don't buy it that "real-real enthusiasm is there for Obama supporters" - Its "cool" to publicly support Obama but not actually cool to "actually go voting"

Obama has won the "Media Hype Wars" but Romney can still win with a high Conservative turnout. 

Um... you are aware that if it looks like an Obama blow-out... it would impact his voters as well. Plus the media would want a close race...

I know 'evil liberal media' etc etc... but your position makes virtually no sense.
milhouse24
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2012, 11:20:16 PM »

Its actually very common for Chicago Democrats to go into Iowa for the Iowa Primaries.  One of my democrat friends would always go to Des Moines for the Straw Poll.  Obama won Iowa in 2008 because he bussed in a lot more "volunteers" to get out the vote, than Hillary.  Some of these "chicago volunteers" may have actually voted in the caucuses or had family ties to Iowa allowing them to vote.  Its very common to have "fake voter voting fraud" of deceased people, etc.  Its far more common than you think, but not as prevalent as 20 years ago.  If you think that no such cases of voter fraud exist, then you are very naive. 
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »

Nailed it.
milhouse24
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2012, 11:30:56 PM »

Um... you are aware that if it looks like an Obama blow-out... it would impact his voters as well. Plus the media would want a close race...

I know 'evil liberal media' etc etc... but your position makes virtually no sense.
I think the liberal media wants liberal policies like universal marriage far more than they are concerned about it being a close race.  If you are a liberal journalist you don't care about ratings or money, you just care about pushing the progressive agenda.  After all, being a liberal journalist and working low paid press jobs is only because he/she is a die-hard liberal.  A lot of people don't get into journalism because they love impartiality, they get into journalism to break progressive news.  Die Hard Liberals stick to journalism because that is one of the few jobs that actually pays someone to push progressive interests and changes.  

Obama is a masterful Hype Man and he is trying to Hype it into a blow out.  Its a close race, but if Obama admitted or spun it as a close race, it would actually Depress his followers more, because they are younger and "Fairweather Fans" without the steely mindset of older conservative and religious voters.  

Obama and the media realizes that Obama followers and Democrats are more fickle than conservative voters.  Young Liberal voters are Bi-Polar, either join the Popular crowd or stay home, get stoned, and forget to vote.  
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2012, 11:32:26 PM »

That's vulgar, paranoid and has no basis in fact. But like politico, as long as you're happy - I'll leave it be.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2012, 11:34:17 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2012, 11:36:56 PM by Politico »

Trust me, it's going to be a close race as we approach the election. The polling companies do not want to go out of business. The media will report closer polls than it ends up being, though. Romney will out-perform all of the final numbers as was the case with Reagan in 1980.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2012, 11:38:29 PM »

I think the liberal media wants liberal policies like universal marriage far more than they are concerned about it being a close race.  If you are a liberal journalist you don't care about ratings or money, you just care about pushing the progressive agenda.  After all, being a liberal journalist and working low paid press jobs is only because he/she is a die-hard liberal.  A lot of people don't get into journalism because they love impartiality, they get into journalism to break progressive news.  Die Hard Liberals stick to journalism because that is one of the few jobs that actually pays someone to push progressive interests and changes.  

Obama is a masterful Hype Man and he is trying to Hype it into a blow out.  Its a close race, but if Obama admitted or spun it as a close race, it would actually Depress his followers more, because they are younger and "Fairweather Fans" without the steely mindset of older conservative and religious voters.  

Obama and the media realizes that Obama followers and Democrats are more fickle than conservative voters.  Young Liberal voters are Bi-Polar, either join the Popular crowd or stay home, get stoned, and forget to vote.  

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2012, 02:05:04 AM »

Please hang out for after the election, Politico. I'm looking forward to your reactions more than the re-election of Obama itself.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2012, 11:12:25 AM »

Wolf lays down some Blitzer on FOX and the polling BS
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/28/wolf-blitzer-polls-fox-news_n_1922393.html
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2012, 03:30:22 PM »

Now Chris Wallace is saying attacking the polls is "crazy"
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/chris-wallace-snaps-at-right-wing-host-criticizing-polls-that-show-romney-in-trouble-is-craziness/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies