The Irony Oremine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:40:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Irony Oremine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46
Author Topic: The Irony Oremine  (Read 127673 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: June 30, 2020, 07:04:34 PM »

In whatever educational media we have a hundred years from now, the 21st Century Republican Party will be summed up by a cartoon of an old white guy screaming, "MY IGNORANCE IS AS GOOD AS YOUR KNOWLEDGE!"
Appeal to Authority-one of the classics and one of Badger's favorites.

And proud of it,
oh I assumed so, you don't seem the type to admit when you are wrong.  Like most red avatars.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #976 on: June 30, 2020, 07:37:26 PM »

In whatever educational media we have a hundred years from now, the 21st Century Republican Party will be summed up by a cartoon of an old white guy screaming, "MY IGNORANCE IS AS GOOD AS YOUR KNOWLEDGE!"

And proud of it,
oh I assumed so, you don't seem the type to admit when you are wrong.  Like most red avatars.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #977 on: July 01, 2020, 09:15:52 AM »

If it turns out to be 100% correct and Trump learned but didn't do anything about it, would this be grounds for charges of treason? I actually think so.

Kinda ironic he recently accused Obama of treason for "spying on Trump Tower". Needless to say: Without any proof.

No, it's not treason to not respond to something.  Presidents need some leeway to choose not to act when either intelligence is inconclusive or any available response is likely to make things worse (ex. in the middle of delicate negotiations).

I'm sure you'd say the same thing if this happened under Obama or Hillary's watch.

If I did, would you agree with me or not?

I'll ask again:  Do you think that Presidents should have to worry about being impeached if they are too hesitant to do things that might start a war?

You constantly argue in bad faith so I'm not going to take your bait. If you want to derail the thread find someone else to troll.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #978 on: July 01, 2020, 06:35:38 PM »

And proud of it,
oh I assumed so, you don't seem the type to admit when you are wrong.  Like most red avatars.
If it turns out to be 100% correct and Trump learned but didn't do anything about it, would this be grounds for charges of treason? I actually think so.

Kinda ironic he recently accused Obama of treason for "spying on Trump Tower". Needless to say: Without any proof.

No, it's not treason to not respond to something.  Presidents need some leeway to choose not to act when either intelligence is inconclusive or any available response is likely to make things worse (ex. in the middle of delicate negotiations).

I'm sure you'd say the same thing if this happened under Obama or Hillary's watch.

I'll ask again:  Do you think that Presidents should have to worry about being impeached if they are too hesitant to do things that might start a war?

You constantly argue in bad faith so I'm not going to take your bait. If you want to derail the thread find someone else to troll.

LOL, conservative/libertarian snowflakes.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #979 on: July 01, 2020, 11:19:04 PM »

And proud of it,
oh I assumed so, you don't seem the type to admit when you are wrong.  Like most red avatars.

No, it's not treason to not respond to something.  Presidents need some leeway to choose not to act when either intelligence is inconclusive or any available response is likely to make things worse (ex. in the middle of delicate negotiations).

I'll ask again:  Do you think that Presidents should have to worry about being impeached if they are too hesitant to do things that might start a war?

Proving our point.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #980 on: July 02, 2020, 12:57:54 AM »

And proud of it,

Proving our point.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #981 on: July 11, 2020, 01:18:54 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #982 on: July 18, 2020, 05:48:07 PM »

HOLY SHT.  Shut it down.  This thread is now complete.

You're derailing the thread with "whataboutism".
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #983 on: July 20, 2020, 11:39:07 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

THE MOTHERLODE!!!!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #984 on: July 21, 2020, 09:19:01 AM »

The Irony Oremine
2010-2020
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #985 on: August 02, 2020, 06:06:12 AM »

The OP of this thread is one of the most Trump Deranged in this entire forum

Why?
Fuzzy Bear is not Trump Deranged. He is BLM Deranged very hard though.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #986 on: August 12, 2020, 07:58:56 PM »

You're at 64.9% HP at this time, and you're one of the liberal majority here.  That would be bad for a REPUBLICAN around here, so what does that say about you and your level of self-awareness.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #987 on: August 12, 2020, 08:49:52 PM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #988 on: August 19, 2020, 09:24:58 AM »

Dude, Biden is literally senille, wtf are you talking about?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #989 on: August 19, 2020, 03:28:37 PM »

Ah, the increasingly Dictatorial and Orwellian Left.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #990 on: August 22, 2020, 04:48:46 PM »

Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #991 on: August 22, 2020, 06:45:28 PM »

Same goes for you. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #992 on: August 22, 2020, 06:49:43 PM »

Thank you for posting directly into the mine.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #993 on: August 22, 2020, 07:45:08 PM »

What happened to you, Lyndon? You never used to put real effort into your posts, but at least your comebacks were sometimes clever. Now all you do is just passive-aggressively post people's quotes in this thread whenever you disagree with them.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #994 on: August 22, 2020, 10:00:17 PM »

What happened to you, Lyndon? You never used to put real effort into your posts, but at least your comebacks were sometimes clever. Now all you do is just passive-aggressively post people's quotes in this thread whenever you disagree with them.
Eh in his defense Fuzzy saying that is ironic
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #995 on: August 23, 2020, 02:19:11 PM »

[Markey] could sell you guys ocean front property in Kansas. My god
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #996 on: August 23, 2020, 03:01:07 PM »

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #997 on: August 23, 2020, 10:59:03 PM »

Damn. Foiled again.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #998 on: August 25, 2020, 10:27:31 AM »

The Kennedys know exactly what they're doing. "Mean tweets" is a dogwhistle for "he's too far left".

I support Markey as I've said but I'm unhappy that this bad behavior from certain extremely online people during the primary is carrying over to new campaigns. Ugh.

I happen to disagree. If we want to talk about more concrete hypocrisy and double standards, progressives are the only ones who have been held accountable for their supporters. We can debate about whether Pelosi's legitimately defending her friendships with the Kennedy family or not. What we can't debate is that the Joe Kennedys of the world won't hold their allies accountable for the same thing.

I actually thought that they'd pull the same line of attack with other supporters. There's always going to be a "dirtbag progressive" stereotype with any candidate that aligns with leftist ideas like MFA and the GND. There were rumblings of the Bro Playbook being used against Warren by the KHive, but I knew there would be a high-profile use of the same playbook at some point. I just didn't expect hard proof to come this soon.

If you look hard enough, you could find Kennedy supporters making toxic tweets as well. Or, in general, more establishment-leaning progressives. I've actually documented many of the latter here. To keep it short, Douglas Emhoff is friends with a KHive fan who doxed Kamala's enemies on Twitter in her name (and got kicked off DailyKos/DU for being explicitly anti-Semitic). Hillary Clinton sent a thank-you letter to an avowed anti-Semite, and Joy Reid followed someone who made explicit death threats to Bernie.

None of these political figures received any scrutiny for directly assocating with toxic figures in the establishment. If Some Dude with 100 followers makes an explicit death threat towards Kennedy, "real life isn't Twitter" gets thrown out the window and it becomes local news.

There's toxicity everywhere in every major political race - especially with the rise of social media. Instead of getting your news from one of a few options, you can tailor your feed however you like. A left-winger can set up their feed to get their "news" from Virgil Texas the same way that a KHiver can get theirs from Bravenak. Time and time again, only one side is expected to condemn their worst supporters - no matter how insignificant they are.

That's why I believe what I believe, and that's why I don't trust him to lead on progressive issues as much as Markey or even Warren.

You sound as tone deaf as the Bernie people who were vile in the presidential primary. Oh wait... you supported Bernie. So I guess this makes sense
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #999 on: August 25, 2020, 02:27:46 PM »

I fail to see how any rational person could oppose RCV. We use it here, and I dont have any complaints.
Of course you don't. You need to drop the herd behavior, and start questioning things; that's what Socrates said.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies