The Public White House: Constitutional Convention at FINAL VOTE!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:13:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Public White House: Constitutional Convention at FINAL VOTE!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: The Public White House: Constitutional Convention at FINAL VOTE!  (Read 21929 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2010, 12:47:30 PM »

Oops! Posted in Chris' account by accident. Re-post.

See, I hate Winston and I despise his views (as I despised his previous ones). But how the hell would his maoism endanger his ability to properly exerce his duties ? I really fail to see it. As for Al, all his posts prove that he is anything but a blind hack.

Really, all those shoutings about how evil the new administration is sounds more and more like the whining of losers. Atlasia deserves more than Tea Parties.

Antonio; if this is anyway a government sim, then no democratic government would propose to put a Maoist in a senior cabinet position. To not call out on that, or react to it as part of the game would be unusual. As for Al, I have every confidence in Al Smiley So much so I expect to hear quite alot from the GM in terms of the international response to Atlasia having a Maoist in cabinet Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2010, 12:52:28 PM »

WTF ? Huh You are ChrisOB ?!? Huh

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh, C'mon ! Wink Atlasia is maybe a government sim, but it's a particular goverment sim. There is no reason to think that, because an ideology is hated in most of the world, it's also hated in Atlasia. In Nepal for example, I've heard that Maoists are an important political force. Let's just say Atlasians are more tolerant toward maoism than Americans. Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2010, 12:56:07 PM »

No. ChrisOB is my partner. I'm at his house, on his computer and posted without realising he was still signed in. If proof be needed of his existance you can find photos of us on here and a relationship tag on Facebook Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2010, 12:58:43 PM »

No. ChrisOB is my partner. I'm at his house, on his computer and posted without realising he was still signed in. If proof be needed of his existance you can find photos of us on here and a relationship tag on Facebook Cheesy

Oh well, sorry for accusing you of being a sockmaster. Grin
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2010, 03:41:15 PM »

I see fairness, balance, and respectfulness weren't on the list of criteria when you were deciding who to appoint.

I chose those who I believed would be competent. I chose those who I knew would be active. I did not take ideology or personality into account because that has nothing to do with how I plan to run my administration. I think the number of Atlasian political parties represented in the Cabinet can attest to that.

If all people focus on is personality contests and false ideological lines in the sand, this game is doomed. We need reform and we need it now. My administration has no time for ego trips and left/right debates.

Mr President Spectator and Society; you have nominated a noted forum apologist for Maoism and the extreme left (and it's excesses) for the post of SoIA. Would you ever be willing in the future to nominate a Falangist or apologist of the extreme right for a similar role if they were proven to be competent?

This is a game, and the SoIA is unable to make any policy on it's own. Winston is powerless as a policy maker. He is at best an advisor. All these picks are not based on policy or attitude or personality, they are made on their ability to improve the offices and make them more interesting.

And hearing you of all people complain about something so trivial is far beneath you.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2010, 03:50:14 PM »

I see fairness, balance, and respectfulness weren't on the list of criteria when you were deciding who to appoint.

I chose those who I believed would be competent. I chose those who I knew would be active. I did not take ideology or personality into account because that has nothing to do with how I plan to run my administration. I think the number of Atlasian political parties represented in the Cabinet can attest to that.

If all people focus on is personality contests and false ideological lines in the sand, this game is doomed. We need reform and we need it now. My administration has no time for ego trips and left/right debates.

Mr President Spectator and Society; you have nominated a noted forum apologist for Maoism and the extreme left (and it's excesses) for the post of SoIA. Would you ever be willing in the future to nominate a Falangist or apologist of the extreme right for a similar role if they were proven to be competent?

This is a game, and the SoIA is unable to make any policy on it's own. Winston is powerless as a policy maker. He is at best an advisor. All these picks are not based on policy or attitude or personality, they are made on their ability to improve the offices and make them more interesting.

And hearing you of all people complain about something so trivial is far beneath you.

if this is anyway a government sim, then no democratic government would propose to put a Maoist in a senior cabinet position. To not call out on that, or react to it as part of the game would be unusual. As for Al, I have every confidence in Al Smiley So much so I expect to hear quite alot from the GM in terms of the international response to Atlasia having a Maoist in cabinet Wink

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »

Afleitch likes playing a character, Vepres. To not expect the far right's pet moderate Tory to not play these stupid games probably would've been too much, I guess.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2010, 03:57:05 PM »

Afleitch likes playing a character, Vepres. To not expect the far right's pet moderate Tory to not play these stupid games probably would've been too much, I guess.

So questioning the appointment of a Maoist is now a "far right" position?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2010, 04:02:24 PM »

It is an unnecessary distraction that deliberately diverts discussion from 99% of everything we've done and everything we plan to do. It is a hollow attack given that Winston has no ability to make policy on his own, and it sidesteps any and all substance. It is a disingenuous effort to tear at an Administration without having to take on big arguments.

Afleitch may very well prove to be your best friend in future political endeavors. He has a pretty smile. Seems permanently in good stature with everyone no matter what he does or doesn't do. If anyone was the perfect toy for a right-wing political comeback (now with 55% less substance!) it will be him.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2010, 04:08:39 PM »

It is an unnecessary distraction that deliberately diverts discussion from 99% of everything we've done and everything we plan to do. It is a hollow attack given that Winston has no ability to make policy on his own, and it sidesteps any and all substance. It is a disingenuous effort to tear at an Administration without having to take on big arguments.

Afleitch may very well prove to be your best friend in future political endeavors. He has a pretty smile. Seems permanently in good stature with everyone no matter what he does or doesn't do. If anyone was the perfect toy for a right-wing political comeback (now with 55% less substance!) it will be him.

It seems like your personal vendetta against afleitch is what is diverting this discussion from the matter at hand, i.e., your administration has appointed someone who adheres to a murderous authoritarian ideology worthy of condemnation.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2010, 04:10:02 PM »

Thank you Marokai. I do have a pretty smile Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2010, 12:29:40 AM »

As a matter of fact yes. I considered NCY for a Cabinet post, but he made clear that he would prefer to maintain the RPP presence in the Senate, rather than join my administration.

Honestly, my nominees should not be judged on their ideologies because that is not what they will be doing very much with. My administration will be all game reform, all legitimacy of the Executive, and all activity and competence. I don't plan on jumping into the fray on divisive ideological issues; you all can do those once I'm gone.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2010, 12:32:40 AM »

As a matter of fact yes. I considered NCY for a Cabinet post, but he made clear that he would prefer to maintain the RPP presence in the Senate, rather than join my administration.

Honestly, my nominees should not be judged on their ideologies because that is not what they will be doing very much with. My administration will be all game reform, all legitimacy of the Executive, and all activity and competence. I don't plan on jumping into the fray on divisive ideological issues; you all can do those once I'm gone.

Would you be willing to publicly condemn and rebuke Maoism/Stalinism/Hoxhaism/(Insert murderous totalitarian ideology here) and commemorate the victims of these vicious ideologies?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2010, 12:37:49 AM »

Would you be willing to publicly condemn and rebuke Maoism/Stalinism/Hoxhaism/(Insert murderous totalitarian ideology here) and commemorate the victims of these vicious ideologies?

Absolutely. Since your question was particularly broad, I will be quite specific. Stalin was a murderous monster, pure and simple. I do not align my administration with the agenda of any past, present or future Maoist/Stalinist/Hoxhaist because I am not one.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2010, 03:50:16 AM »

PS, I would not consider NYC to be 'far right' or remotely Falangist, so I'm not sure what you think I meant when I said would you nominate someone of the 'far right'; if it helps any better think of the other 'f' ideology (rather than Falangist)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2010, 05:33:10 AM »

Libertas, stop complaining about my personal beliefs or gtfo, to put it bluntly.

And, there have been precedents for people of my ideological persuasion being in Western governments
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2010, 05:34:36 AM »

Ooooh, he busts us across the face with a French Communist organization. That'll quiet the dissent Tongue
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2010, 05:38:05 AM »

Ooooh, he busts us across the face with a French Communist organization. That'll quiet the dissent Tongue

Who are you?
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2010, 05:39:06 AM »

Who are you?

Representative from the Northeast (PPA-PA)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2010, 09:23:26 AM »

Who are you?

Hamilton.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2010, 10:02:34 AM »

Who are you?

Hamilton.

Yeah, okay sure. And you are? Philippe Pétain.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2010, 10:06:59 AM »

The RadSocs were communists? We learn something new every day!
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2010, 10:13:20 AM »

Very astute, Hashemite, except that he wasn't talking about the Radical Socialists.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2010, 10:26:37 AM »

Very astute, Hashemite, except that he wasn't talking about the Radical Socialists.

Except that he was talking about the Front populaire. The RadSocs were original members of the Front populaire.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2010, 02:36:31 PM »

Except that he was talking about the Front populaire. The RadSocs were original members of the Front populaire.

Who came from the French Communists.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies