The Public White House: Constitutional Convention at FINAL VOTE!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 11:52:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Public White House: Constitutional Convention at FINAL VOTE!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: The Public White House: Constitutional Convention at FINAL VOTE!  (Read 21950 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2010, 05:55:38 PM »

They have bad sight appearently. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2010, 12:01:29 AM »

Yeah, just to reiterate, please keep this thread primarily about ideas, questions and comments, rather than personal attacks.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2010, 12:07:18 AM »

Don't forget to check out the White House thread over on the government board for the latest actions and announcements from my administration.

In our first week and a half, we have gotten the entire Cabinet confirmed, appointed a Supreme Court associate justice, issued an executive order on Wiki responsibilities, proposed a resolution calling for a Constitutional Convention and more.

Look around and feel free to comment in that thread or in this one. I want to know what the people think of my policies, not just the old foggies in the Senate. Wink

~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2010, 03:26:20 PM »

Announcement: In search of new AG

Attorney General Peter has resigned his post for personal time pressure reasons and I thank him for his past service. This leaves the vitally important position of AG vacant.

We are looking for someone who is active, has a firm grasp on how to use and update the Wiki and can keep up with the pace of my administration. All applicants should send me a PM stating your interest and why you believe you demonstrate these qualities, in addition to any other relevant information.

Thanks,
~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2010, 10:21:58 PM »

Reposting this from the White House thread on the other board.

August Elections Announcement

In the coming days I will announce endorsements for various candidates for both the federal and regional elections. I invite all candidates for any position to PM me with endorsement requests (this is recommended, though not necessarily mandatory).

If you are considering a run for Senate, remember the deadline for candidacy declarations is 12:00am EST on August 18.

Good luck to everyone!
~PS

I intend to announce official endorsements tomorrow.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2010, 10:37:07 AM »

Presidential Endorsements

With the start of elections right around the corner, I would like to take this opportunity to highlight those candidates that I believe have shown the courage and conviction to deserve election or re-election.

Without further ado, I hereby endorse the following candidates:

Bacon King, reelection to the Senate. BK has been one of the most active participants in the Senate for over two years now. Even during his two terms as Vice President, he regularly ran the Senate's operations. It is hard to find anyone as committed to the success of the Senate as BK and I hope to have the opportunity to work with him for the second half of my term.

A-Bob, election to the Senate. A-Bob has been an active and extremely productive voice in the Mideast Assembly even before his election to the body in March. He has come to play a similar role in the Mideast as BK does on the federal level: ensuring that all the trains are entering and leaving the station on time. A-Bob's efforts, especially on the Mideast budget, have made the Mideast Assembly more productive and better organized and I hope to see that brought to the Senate.

That is all for now, but is subject to change as I consider additional requests.

Below is my intended ballot for Senate:

[7]AndrewCT (POP - NE)
[1]Bacon King (JCP - SE)
[3]Badger (JCP - ME)
[4]Libertas (POP - NE)
[6]Kalwejt (JCP - WY)
[2]A-Bob (RPP - VA)
[5]Duke (RPP - SC)

~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2010, 12:25:37 PM »

Two major announcements from the White House:

Executive Order Creating the DoFA Review Committee

Whereas, the system of election laws and bureaucracy is sprawling and confusing, often leading to confusion and conflict around elections, and

Whereas, this election simulation game functions best when the elections system is understood and works properly,

Be it therefore resolved, that I hereby commission a Department of Forum Affairs Review Committee, made up of the Secretary of Federal Elections, the Registrar General, the deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs and a member of the Senate internally elected.

Be it further resolved, that the committee is instructed to look at all aspects of reform to this department, including all applicable laws and constitutional provisions, and report back within one month on ways to clarify, streamline and simplify the process.

Signed,
~PS

I would also like to take this opportunity to announce that, given the recent (and perennial) confusion come election time, deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs Teddy has crafted this Election Administrator Guidebook to cut down on future mishaps or mistakes. This is yet another piece in my administration's efforts to improve the DoFA and make elections increasingly accessible to Atlasians.

Executive Action

By the power vested in me, I hereby nominate the following individuals for their respective positions for confirmation by the Senate:

Teddy, as Secretary of Federal Elections.

Afleitch, as Secretary of Internal Affairs.

Gustaf, as Moderator General.

Signed,
~PS

With two months past and two months remaining in my term, I have decided that a Cabinet shakeup is in order to bring new life to some posts and to reward strong levels of activity and competence.

My SoFE-designate Teddy has been a vital piece of the Department of Forum Affairs during my term. While he has made mistakes, Teddy has also shown a remarkable ability to learn quickly and move forward. I also look forward to Teddy's contributions on the newly formed DoFA Review Committee, which will allow him to continue his work on simplifying and streamlining our elections system.

My SoIA-designate Afleitch has a great deal of experience in this game over the years and has proven himself to be a powerful voice in domestic policy matters. He will bring new life to this position by issuing reports that complement GM stories and implement Senate legislation and a productive and efficient way.

And my appointee for Moderator General, Gustaf, will be an important part of our DoFA system, ensuring that the Registrar General can keep an accurate and complete voters list. I thank him for his willingness to take on this extra role.

Thank you.

Give me your feedback here or in the WH thread.

~PS
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2010, 12:32:30 PM »

*applauds*

Fine choices, IMO. Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »

Did anyone check the votes in the last election to make sure all the votes came from legitimate accounts? I don't remember anyone confirming this to be the case in the midst of the Teddy witch hunt.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2010, 03:41:39 PM »

Did anyone check the votes in the last election to make sure all the votes came from legitimate accounts? I don't remember anyone confirming this to be the case in the midst of the Teddy witch hunt.

I believe Teddy did that based on both his own records and those of the Registrar General.

Is this what you are looking for?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2010, 03:44:07 PM »

I checked for registered voters, as I always do; I believe Teddy checked for activity requirements and invalidated a few votes on that basis (see SoFE thread).  One thing not checked for to my knowledge is votes from proxies- that is the MG's job.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2010, 04:46:22 PM »

Appointing a Tory to the economy? Not a good idea given what happened last time the Tories were in power...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2010, 04:49:16 PM »

I believe Teddy did that based on both his own records and those of the Registrar General.

No. I am referring to the bylaws set out in the Legitimize the Voting Act which mandates that the Moderator General check the voters to make sure none were coming from proxies or potential sock accounts.

My question was inquiring whether Gustaf has checked that since MJ was inactive for the past elections. We didn't certify the results until that was done in April.

I think it's important to both count all the votes and to make sure no one is trying to game the system.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2010, 07:45:24 PM »

No. I am referring to the bylaws set out in the Legitimize the Voting Act which mandates that the Moderator General check the voters to make sure none were coming from proxies or potential sock accounts.

My question was inquiring whether Gustaf has checked that since MJ was inactive for the past elections. We didn't certify the results until that was done in April.

I think it's important to both count all the votes and to make sure no one is trying to game the system.

I will see to it that Gustaf begins work on that immediately and I am hopeful that the Senate will begin confirmation hearings for Gustaf and my other nominees shortly.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2010, 08:52:19 AM »

Abolishing the office of SOIA remains long past overdue, but people maintain their stupid quixotic attempts at making a useless position do something.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2010, 07:06:45 AM »

Abolishing the office of SOIA remains long past overdue, but people maintain their stupid quixotic attempts at making a useless position do something.

I see it as a useful position if you have someone wonky enough sitting in it. We will see if it can be made useful soon by a veteran with a great deal of experience in domestic policymaking.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2010, 09:29:11 AM »

I see it as a useful position if you have someone wonky enough sitting in it. We will see if it can be made useful soon by a veteran with a great deal of experience in domestic policymaking.

If it doesn't work, I hope that you'll finally come around to abolishing it. It's long overdue.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2010, 09:45:43 AM »

I am posting the Constitutional Convention Completed Documents Wiki page here so that citizens can begin to review what the Convention has done so far.

Two articles have been completed, so there is still a ways to go, but the final product will be a lot to take in at once. I want to make sure everyone has had time to read the changes, since everyone will have to vote on the final product for it to be ratified.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2010, 07:17:11 PM »

Just wanted to bump this thread with the announcement of another Administration proposal. I posted it over in the Legislative Agenda thread in the Senate.

The proposal itself is something I wanted to do awhile ago when I was looking over possible wiki reform efforts. Taking all our trade legislation, and making a larger trade document that can be continually updated itself, instead of passing trade law after trade law after trade law. One piece of legislation to hold all our trade policies with other nations, and to list trade regulations as we create them

The proposal I penned takes all our trade laws I could find in the statute and puts them all together nicely, and dumps all the ones that have been repealed, or trade laws that are obsolete. Putting all countries we have trade agreements with on a neater list, instead of having a couple dozen individual pieces of statute, and taking trade regulation on homosexuality and putting it in this as well, and pointing out each trade law I could find, and removing them from the statute page so the wiki is more easy to read and there is a convenient location for all our trade information.

Hopefully once the Senate has a PPT and gets moving they will pass a common sense Wiki Reform measure that will make everyone's life, when browsing statute, just a little easier.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2010, 07:31:01 PM »

I'd also like to state that I will be working on a couple proposals to boost the economy and create jobs, in the face of a stumbling employment rate. Careful consideration will we given and we will do the best we can to aid Atlasia's economy with business-oriented proposals hand-in-hand with greater infrastructure investment.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2010, 01:07:11 AM »

I've now proposed the following bill that expands a previously very successful policy:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Some requirements, I ask, should be made by the Senate when it is under consideration to make sure that the money will not be wasted by giving it to businesses that do not need the money, and to make sure it will get to those that need it the most first, without restricting the overall impact of the bill. But this expands a previous policy passed a year ago this month. It was a good idea then, and it remains so.

I'd also like to applaud Senator Duke for the infrastructure proposal! Very good. More should always be done to aid our flailing infrastructure, but Duke should be commended for making this first step forward.

I will, of course, continue work on my other possible proposals to aid the economy that I've previously mentioned.

Thanks everyone.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2010, 05:16:03 PM »

Mr President, I ask that you replace Al as the GM. He hasn't had an update in almost three weeks, despite being active elsewhere on the forum. I know he had good intentions, but he has failed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2010, 05:21:05 PM »

Mr President, I ask that you replace Al as the GM. He hasn't had an update in almost three weeks, despite being active elsewhere on the forum. I know he had good intentions, but he has failed.

Yes, yes, yes, Vepres, we know how you're suffering out of an office...
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2010, 05:33:37 PM »

If I was GM, you could expect monthly updates, optimistically Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2010, 05:35:38 PM »

If I was GM, you could expect monthly updates, optimistically Tongue

And if I was GM, you'd be flooded with a news vawe!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies