The Public White House: Constitutional Convention at FINAL VOTE!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 10:10:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Public White House: Constitutional Convention at FINAL VOTE!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: The Public White House: Constitutional Convention at FINAL VOTE!  (Read 21969 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2010, 01:00:15 AM »

Cabinet Appointments: My Replacement

I would like to announce the final two Cabinet appointments tonight.

I have chosen to appoint our beloved Al as Game Moderator and Teddy as deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs. Both of these individuals have shown a willingness to energize previously defunct or unused positions and I have no doubt that their contributions will be beneficial to the game.

Al will play a particularly important role as my replacement as GM, focusing on continuing the work that the office has done while adding his own interpretations and initiatives. I look forward to working with him to ensure that my administration and the Senate are never out of work to do.

I was excited to see Teddy return to the game and his contributions to the DoFA will no doubt be extremely useful once again. He will also play an important role in the DoFA streamlining and reform process along with Meeker and Fritz.

Please feel free to ask questions or provide comments on these pending appointments. I do ask that questions directed to the nominees be saved until the confirmation hearings.

And I look forward to officially nominating all of my designees tomorrow!
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2010, 01:09:04 AM »

Congratulations to my friend Teddy.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2010, 01:10:05 AM »

Cheesy  I look forward to (hopefully) working closely with Al as SoEA.  And, of course, congratulations to Teddy.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2010, 02:22:22 AM »

I see fairness, balance, and respectfulness weren't on the list of criteria when you were deciding who to appoint.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2010, 03:00:12 AM »

I see fairness, balance, and respectfulness weren't on the list of criteria when you were deciding who to appoint.

What
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2010, 05:17:26 AM »

Because fairness, balance, and respectfulness would have been to appoint your bunch of trollish friends to every single cabinet position ?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2010, 05:41:52 AM »

Because fairness, balance, and respectfulness would have been to appoint your bunch of trollish friends to every single cabinet position ?

Precisely.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2010, 06:46:38 AM »

Haha. Well said.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2010, 09:47:04 AM »

Thank you to all well wishers, I will do my best.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2010, 10:11:46 AM »

I don't trust Al to be impartial, unfortunately.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2010, 10:15:50 AM »

Obviously.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2010, 11:43:34 AM »

Interesting group of a cabinet. I'm cautiously optimistic and definitely looking forward to working with all of them.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2010, 12:03:40 PM »

Vepres, I like you, but hearing you speaking about impartiality is quite hilarious. Grin
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2010, 12:16:09 PM »

Nope, thanks for your usual nasty and ridiculous remarks.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2010, 12:39:31 PM »

Too bad.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2010, 01:30:42 PM »

I know I said that I'd never do it again, but Marokai is a remarkably good salescritter.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2010, 02:41:51 PM »

Wiki is updated to list PS and MB as Incumbents, and afl and Smid as, well, non-incumbents.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2010, 04:32:21 PM »

Once appointments are settled, I will open up a legislative agenda thread for Purple State and I to introduce things at our leisure. I have eight bills lined up, and Purple State has a draft of an executive order concerning Wiki-editing responsibility for as soon as he takes office.

I will also start a thread soon in this board to work on creating our own neat little version of a wiki-editing guide or wiki basics without having to just link ourselves to Wikipedia.

And I also hope that Xahar and I can continue our work evaluating the statute, as I'm trying to work out in my head how renovating the statute and the way we Wiki laws can be done. As of now, I have an idea of several steps to make for the process, the first being identifying all useless (as in, laws that don't actively enforce anything) and repealed laws, creating a repealed laws archive, and trashing them all, striking them from the main statute page on the Wiki. This is unfortunately a time consuming process, but it'll have to be done.

Thanks everyone. We have quite the months ahead.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2010, 04:49:49 PM »

Vepres, I like you, but hearing you speaking about impartiality is quite hilarious. Grin

Hey, I'm not saying I'm impartial about anything Tongue
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2010, 09:07:24 PM »

Solid picks. Teddy's eye for detail will no doubt serve him well in the DoFA. I hope that Winston is up to the challenge of SoIA, though, as it currently is useless. If he can change that and define its purpose, then kudos. Ben shall do well as SoEA, as he has plenty of experience for the role.

I need not say anything to the appointees; for I don't think they require any encouragement, being veterans of prior administrations.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2010, 10:30:27 PM »

I would like to make a statement:

A few nights ago while under the influence of White Sands and Dr. Pepper I made a regrettable remark about these two men and their supposed bias towards a certain culinary dish of a certain part of a goat.  I'm sorry PS/MB, I do a lot of stupid stuff when I'm under a certain kind of drug.

Mechaman
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2010, 12:17:05 AM »

I chose those who I believed would be competent. I chose those who I knew would be active. I did not take ideology or personality into account because that has nothing to do with how I plan to run my administration. I think the number of Atlasian political parties represented in the Cabinet can attest to that.

If all people focus on is personality contests and false ideological lines in the sand, this game is doomed. We need reform and we need it now. My administration has no time for ego trips and left/right debates.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2010, 05:38:16 AM »

I chose those who I believed would be competent. I chose those who I knew would be active. I did not take ideology or personality into account because that has nothing to do with how I plan to run my administration. I think the number of Atlasian political parties represented in the Cabinet can attest to that.

If all people focus on is personality contests and false ideological lines in the sand, this game is doomed. We need reform and we need it now. My administration has no time for ego trips and left/right debates.

Mr President Spectator and Society; you have nominated a noted forum apologist for Maoism and the extreme left (and it's excesses) for the post of SoIA. Would you ever be willing in the future to nominate a Falangist or apologist of the extreme right for a similar role if they were proven to be competent?
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2010, 05:41:29 AM »

Mr President Spectator and Society; you have nominated a noted forum apologist for Maoism and the extreme left (and it's excesses) for the post of SoIA. Would you ever be willing in the future to nominate a Falangist or apologist of the extreme right for a similar role if they were proven to be competent?

I second this. I wondered why it was a good idea to nominate a Communist to a domestic post, but somehow it never came up.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2010, 12:27:16 PM »

See, I hate Winston and I despise his views (as I despised his previous ones). But how the hell would his maoism endanger his ability to properly exerce his duties ? I really fail to see it. As for Al, all his posts prove that he is anything but a blind hack.

Really, all those shoutings about how evil the new administration is sounds more and more like the whining of losers. Atlasia deserves more than Tea Parties.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies