I Think The Bush Team Has It Locked Up
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:41:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  I Think The Bush Team Has It Locked Up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I Think The Bush Team Has It Locked Up  (Read 5376 times)
FireFighterForBush
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2004, 11:03:26 PM »

Bush will be in FL, OH, PA, WI thru saturday, and Mrs Bush Is In FL -- They are where the need to, unlike 4 years ago, this is my opinion
Reds4

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 11:04:22 PM »

Seems to be several of these messages saying one or the other has it locked up. No one has this race locked up, it could leaning very slightly one way or the other, but nothing locked at all.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 11:04:53 PM »

Bush will be in FL, OH, PA, WI thru saturday, and Mrs Bush Is In FL -- They are where the need to, unlike 4 years ago, this is my opinion

Bush's being in those states means that he has it locked up?  If he had it locked up, it would seem to me that he wouldn't need to campaign anymore.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 11:06:18 PM »

If the stoy is true, with photos, Kerry is gone.  The Bushes could take a long walk.

Basically, they are in the right places if the story doesn't pan out.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 11:09:49 PM »

I'm still waiting for the schedule for the last three days.

Kerry's is TBA, except Lockhart says Kerry will finish in Cleveland, OH.

On Bush I can find Saturday: Orlando, FL.  The rest is TBA.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 11:18:43 PM »

Obviously, Nader will arrive in Cheyenne, Wyoming, and carry the state by a sound margin.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 11:21:56 PM »

Obviously, Nader will arrive in Cheyenne, Wyoming, and carry the state by a sound margin.

Kerry needs to make a stop in Texas.  Then he'd take that state.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 11:53:27 PM »

And of course, if Bush visited Massachusetts, he could have the state in the bag.
goldwatermiller
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 11:58:24 PM »

This is amazing.  Bush is going to look like a trillon dollars now while Kerry is going to look bad for his constant complaining about Iraq.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 11:59:06 PM »

If the stoy is true, with photos, Kerry is gone.  The Bushes could take a long walk.

What story?
goldwatermiller
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 12:00:57 AM »

Read Drudge... this is THE story of the election.
October Suprise.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 12:01:35 AM »

Badnarik will landside California after showing up here.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 12:02:53 AM »

October Suprise.

So Bush's friend Putin moved the explosives out of Iraq? That ought to be a winner for Bush.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 12:04:38 AM »

If the stoy is true, with photos, Kerry is gone.  The Bushes could take a long walk.

What story?

It looks like the missing explosives were moved prior to the invasion.  It was possibly moved to Syria and with Russian assistence.  There is the possibility that there some satellite imaging that the explosives were removed.  

It started on Drudge and has been picked up by the major media.  It's October.  Suprise!!!
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 12:09:12 AM »

How does this hurt Kerry?  He was doing fine before this story ever came up; even if this latest angle is true, the fact that Bush may have an excuse doesn't make him any better off than he was four days ago.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 12:14:33 AM »

I still don't quite understand the explosives story thing and its proclaimed impact.  What I've gathered so far is that it's maybe the case that some Russians moved some explosives out of Iraq and that they maybe took them to Syria.  What I haven't gathered is why this apparently means that Bush will win in a walk.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 12:17:05 AM »

Because apparentely Kerry can't bash Bush on this issue anymore.

Even though 2 days ago almost every agreed the story had no effect on the election to begin with: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=11233.0

Republicans are getting way too giddy. This reminds me of folks on DU screaming "THIS IS IT, BUSH IS TOAST" whenever every negative story came out.
goldwatermiller
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 12:17:13 AM »

Kerry kept on and on and on and on and on and on about how Iraq was harmless and we shouldnt of went to war.  Iraq was just proven to have been dangerous.  Of course, according to Michael Moore Iraq was a peaceful place where children flew kites all day, no weapons there.  Nope.  
IRAQ HAD WEAPONS.  They snuck them out right before the troops came.  If we didnt go to Iraq, then we would be less safe.
goldwatermiller
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 12:20:37 AM »

Just go to the Washington Times site.  It says it all.  RUSSIA MOVED WEAPONS out of Iraq right before the troops arrived.   Therfore- Iraq was a threat.  And the DUI story hurt Bush quite a bit.  It was only Gore's failure to carry his or Clintons home state that kept him from the Presidency.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 12:21:19 AM »

These missing weapons aren't WMDs.  My impression was that there are millions of tons of these sort of explosives in the counrty, and that is no revelation.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2004, 12:22:21 AM »

Yes of course Iraq had weapons. Every country with a military does. Also I don't see about whether they were looted or moved out of the country makes a difference, since either way it's known Iraq had weapons.

I have to agree with this quote from the linked thread as well:

No, and my view is that when people hear Iraq and weapons in the same sentence they stop listening. 

This is the same problem that the Dems had with trying to separate Iraq from the WOT.  They haven't done that great of a job convincing the American people that Iraq is a diversion.  The same will be said with this story...Iraq...weapons...we already knew that. 

The American person's attention span is so short nowadays that an in depth discussion of this (which can be spun both ways favorable to Reps or Dems) will be lost. 

Net gain for either side: nada
Prospero
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2004, 12:23:16 AM »

October Suprise.

More nonsense from the gang that couldn't shoot straight.  They were "certain" there were WMD in Iraq - and there never were.  Now they are "almost certain" they were moved into Syria.  Therefore, they are less certain about this than they were about Iraq.  Why should we believe anything coming out of this bunch?  A story from the Washington Times, by Bill Gertz, one week before the election?  Pardon me for being skeptical.

Even if this is true, are we going to confront Russia over this?  That will be the day.  I guess this means we should invade Syria?  After we find out they're not in Syria, we can invade Iran.  It's like one giant international Easter Egg Hunt.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2004, 12:25:26 AM »

How does this hurt Kerry?  He was doing fine before this story ever came up; even if this latest angle is true, the fact that Bush may have an excuse doesn't make him any better off than he was four days ago.

Kerry just made a very big deal, and ran commercials, about how "incompentent" Bush was for not securing something that wasn't there.  You better read the thread.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2004, 12:26:31 AM »

Kerry kept on and on and on and on and on and on about how Iraq was harmless and we shouldnt of went to war.  Iraq was just proven to have been dangerous.  Of course, according to Michael Moore Iraq was a peaceful place where children flew kites all day, no weapons there.  Nope. 
IRAQ HAD WEAPONS.  They snuck them out right before the troops came.  If we didnt go to Iraq, then we would be less safe.

Um, yeah, Iraq had conventional weapons.  I don't think any sizeable country in the world doesn't.  Nobody has ever doubted that.

If these were nuclear or biological or whatever weapons being moved out of Iraq, then yeah, you'd have a point.  As far as I can tell, however, they weren't anything of the sort.
goldwatermiller
Rookie

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2004, 12:27:30 AM »

All that I have heard from liberals is that Iraq was a waste, how they posed no threat.   This is a homerun for the GOP.  
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies