Opinion of Bart Stupak
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:43:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Bart Stupak
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of Bart Stupak
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Opinion of Bart Stupak  (Read 2483 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2010, 10:59:28 AM »

HP
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 11:02:02 AM »

Should stop calling himself "pro-life", as he supports the deaths of tens of thousands of actual people a year. HP.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.43

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 11:06:49 AM »

FF!
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:30:31 PM »

FF
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 12:30:55 PM »

Should stop calling himself "pro-life", as he supports the deaths of tens of thousands of actual people a year. HP.

Roll Eyes
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 12:43:52 PM »

FF
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 12:45:30 PM »

FF

One of my favorite Democrats.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 12:46:42 PM »

FF
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 12:48:26 PM »

Attention whore and horrible person. He's also probably a fundie and has some amusing connections to The Family that haven't been fully explained. Wouldn't exactly call him a crusader for teh gays either.

And as Lief said, kind of stupid to call him pro-life not only because he does want to allow 45,000 people to die every year just from lacking health insurance, but also because public funding of abortion is not in the bill, so he has absolutely no ground to stand on except trying to make a healthcare bill into something it's not.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 12:51:09 PM »

FF.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »

Attention whore and horrible person. He's also probably a fundie and has some amusing connections to The Family that haven't been fully explained. Wouldn't exactly call him a crusader for teh gays either.

Wow, false accusations now just because you disagree with Congressman Stupak on an issue. Roll Eyes

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ObamaCare won't save a single life.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 01:04:42 PM »

Wow, false accusations now just because you disagree with Congressman Stupak on an issue. Roll Eyes

"Congressman Stupak"? What are you, his spokesperson?

Do you know anything at all about his association with 'The Family' or his charming comments about Mark Foley's "lifestyle" that "should have set off all kinds of alarms"? Let alone with the fact that he refuses to admit his association with The Family after reporting by some individuals contradicts his claim that he wasn't part of the organization, like someone's undercover reporting showing him as a member, or his low rent-level that is equivalent to what members of the organization pay for rent there.

[/quote]

I've asked you to prove this and you've thusfar refused to do so. I'll ask again now; How?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 01:10:49 PM »

Do you know anything at all about his association with 'The Family' or his charming comments about Mark Foley's "lifestyle" that "should have set off all kinds of alarms"? Let alone with the fact that he refuses to admit his association with The Family after reporting by some individuals contradicts his claim that he wasn't part of the organization, like someone's undercover reporting showing him as a member, or his low rent-level that is equivalent to what members of the organization pay for rent there.

No, I don't really give a crap about "The Family". Considering the list of people associated with it includes Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, and Ted Kennedy, I fail to see what your problem here could possibly be.

And Stupak is a Catholic.

[/quote]

LOL, the burden of proof is not on me, Marokai.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 01:13:07 PM »

No, I don't really give a crap about "The Family". Considering the list of people associated with it includes Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, and Ted Kennedy, I fail to see what your problem here could possibly be.

So you accuse me of making "false accusations" then disregard everything I say by saying "I don't really give a crap"? Make up your mind.

[/quote]I've asked you to prove this and you've thusfar refused to do so. I'll ask again now; How?
[/quote]

[/quote]

By every measure it insures over 30 million new people. It allows Medicare to function for another decade. It prohibits dropping people for pre-existing conditions. These three things along save thousands of lives. Your response to this, so far, has simple been "nuh-uh!"
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 01:15:27 PM »

So you accuse me of making "false accusations" then disregard everything I say by saying "I don't really give a crap"? Make up your mind.

No. I see you never got around to develop reading comprehension.

[/quote]I've asked you to prove this and you've thusfar refused to do so. I'll ask again now; How?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, I asked for proof of a particular claim, namely that this bill would save lives. Merely stating "this will save lives" doesn't prove anything.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 01:32:09 PM »

For God's sake, use quote code correctly.

No. I see you never got around to develop reading comprehension.

You accused me of making "false accusations" so I was more specific. After doing so, you continued to just outright dismiss them. If they're false accusations, prove them false. You haven't done so, and I seriously doubt you had any intention of it. You're only in this thread to instigate and you and I both know it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

By every measure it insures over 30 million new people. It allows Medicare to function for another decade. It prohibits dropping people for pre-existing conditions. These three things along save thousands of lives. Your response to this, so far, has simple been "nuh-uh!"
[/quote]

Sorry, I asked for proof of a particular claim, namely that this bill would save lives. Merely stating "this will save lives" doesn't prove anything.
[/quote]

What is confusing about "45,000 die due to lack of insurance" combined with "32 million more people get health insurance" leading to "less people dying because of lack of insurance"? If people are dying of something they don't have, giving people that missing something prevents deaths. It's pretty simple.

You have, of course, thusfar refused to be very detailed about the issue.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 04:43:40 PM »

They need more Democrats like Stupak. Also nice to know he is not a Catholic sellout. Massive FF.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 04:57:03 PM »

Vile.  Should join the party of Rick Santorum for keeping health care hostage over abortion.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 05:04:21 PM »

Freedom Fighter
Unlike many members of Congress, he's actually standing up for his beliefs, and not giving in to his party leaders.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 07:38:16 PM »

I generally like him. He's well intentioned, I agree with most of his positions, and I understand his perspective on the health care bill, but I think he's entrenched himself too much in his position in regards to the bill to see the larger context. His fight against abortion is valiant, but he has seemed to forget that as a Catholic he needs to fight for the lives of those already born as well.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 07:43:26 PM »

HP. Not saying all anti-abortion Democrats are HP, but Stupak holding up necessary health care reform (which would save many lives) for his desire to "save fetal life", makes him HP.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 07:44:34 PM »

I generally like him. He's well intentioned, I agree with most of his positions, and I understand his perspective on the health care bill, but I think he's entrenched himself too much in his position in regards to the bill to see the larger context. His fight against abortion is valiant, but he has seemed to forget that as a Catholic he needs to fight for the lives of those already born as well.

What about Catholics who don't feel this bill would save lives so much as enrich Obama's corporate buddies?
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 08:07:14 PM »

I've asked you to prove this and you've thusfar refused to do so. I'll ask again now; How?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It might, there's other factors to consider though. Just because 'pre-existing conditions' are covered doesn't necessarily mean that companies won't continue to engage in rescission or increase rates in response (particularly given the wording). Or that access is guaranteed simply due to coverage, especially if we see a decline in doctors if this is passed. There's plenty of holes that are obvious in this legislation even from a pro-UHC viewpoint.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 08:40:38 PM »

What about Catholics who don't feel this bill would save lives so much as enrich Obama's corporate buddies?

Although I disagree, that is a legitimate concern; however, I've never heard Stupak express this sentiment. As far as I know, his opposition is solely predicated on his failing to impact the status quo on abortion.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 08:50:15 PM »

Although I disagree, that is a legitimate concern; however, I've never heard Stupak express this sentiment. As far as I know, his opposition is solely predicated on his failing to impact the status quo on abortion.

If Obama and Congress really were about saving lives, they would have ended the wars, passed a Human Life Amendment, and put forth a healthcare proposal that actually provided universal healthcare.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies