Northeast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:46:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 ... 239
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 381565 times)
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2725 on: August 23, 2010, 05:07:00 PM »
« edited: August 26, 2010, 10:46:34 AM by Speaker of the Northeast Assembly Han »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: Rep. AndrewCT

The question is whether the bill should be considered?

The ayes have it.

Debate on this bill shall extend until at least Wednesday, August 25, 6:05 PM unless the debate period is shortened or extended in accordance with the SOAP.

The Sponsor, Rep. AndrewCT, has the floor
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2726 on: August 23, 2010, 06:17:07 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

Thank you for allowing me the time to present this bill. Although it was placed last minute, I felt that something had to be done about unemployment in this region, and I believe that this would be a good start. To my fellow Representatives, I have no issues with changes to this bill, although I do ask that we work quickly on this, as my time in the Assembly is coming to an end, and I'd like to be able to help get this passed.
hantheguitarman

« Reply #2727 on: August 26, 2010, 05:05:31 PM »

We will now hold a vote on The Northeast Small Business Incentive. Representatives have 24 hours to vote.
hantheguitarman

« Reply #2728 on: August 26, 2010, 05:09:06 PM »

Aye
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2729 on: August 26, 2010, 05:30:55 PM »

aye
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #2730 on: August 26, 2010, 06:23:16 PM »

Aye
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #2731 on: August 26, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »

No discussion or debate of the bill, guys?
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #2732 on: August 26, 2010, 09:15:06 PM »

Yeah
Zacoftheaxes
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.52, S: -9.13

« Reply #2733 on: August 26, 2010, 10:06:27 PM »

Aye.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #2734 on: August 27, 2010, 02:58:13 AM »

Aye
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #2735 on: August 27, 2010, 03:16:31 AM »

Aye
hantheguitarman

« Reply #2736 on: August 27, 2010, 09:27:36 AM »

With seven ayes, The Northeast Small Business Incentive has passed, and will be sent to the Governor's desk for his signature or veto.
hantheguitarman

« Reply #2737 on: August 27, 2010, 09:28:16 AM »

Also we'll need to hold a special election for Representative WilliamSargent's seat in the near future.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2738 on: August 27, 2010, 11:29:52 AM »

Don't forget about mine. Ill be resigning soon.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2739 on: August 27, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »

I guess we should just wait until Andrew resigns and hold them both on the same day to make it easier.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2740 on: August 27, 2010, 07:40:58 PM »

I will post it elsewhere if needed, but to make things easier, I herby resign the office of northeast representative effective noon tomorrow. It has been a blast serving here, an
d I thank everyone for their support!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2741 on: August 27, 2010, 09:53:43 PM »

I guess we should just wait until Andrew resigns and hold them both on the same day to make it easier.

Actually, under Article V, Section iv of the New Northeast Constitution, there should have been an election for the whole Assembly last Friday.  This Assembly's time is up.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2742 on: August 29, 2010, 07:22:33 AM »

Actually, under Article V, Section iv of the New Northeast Constitution, there should have been an election for the whole Assembly last Friday.  This Assembly's time is up.

Hmmm.. well hopefully someone will want to open this up, that would be super duper.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2743 on: August 29, 2010, 07:26:46 AM »

Actually, under Article V, Section iv of the New Northeast Constitution, there should have been an election for the whole Assembly last Friday.  This Assembly's time is up.

Well that's dumb. We should have Assembly elections the same time as the Gubernatorial and Lt. Gubernatorial ones.

By the by, did anyone even declare to run for Assembly? That's probably why I forgot about it.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2744 on: August 29, 2010, 11:29:31 AM »

Actually, under Article V, Section iv of the New Northeast Constitution, there should have been an election for the whole Assembly last Friday.  This Assembly's time is up.

Well that's dumb. We should have Assembly elections the same time as the Gubernatorial and Lt. Gubernatorial ones.

By the by, did anyone even declare to run for Assembly? That's probably why I forgot about it.

I dont think anyone declared... but if we open a voting booth with just write-in down, those seeking"re-election" can just put themselves down first preference, and annnounce they are accepting write- ins.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2745 on: September 01, 2010, 12:05:32 PM »

It's not dumb.  Just as in most states, state governors are elected every 4 years and state reps more frequently, Northeast Representatives are elected for a 2 month term, not 4 months.  And the elections generally run concurrent with the Senate elections (except in December, due to a quirk in the Senate election schedule).
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2746 on: October 13, 2010, 02:03:36 AM »

As the proposed new Constitution must be ratified by the regions, I am posting this public service announcement in the threads of the regional legislatures:

Very Important Announcement

The Constitutional Convention is reaching its end, with the final two documents being voted on as we speak.

At this time, delegates and all Atlasians are welcome to offer their thoughts on an amendment to ANY part of the new Constitution, which will be considered all at once in one final amendment vote coming up in the next 48-72 hours. This means that any changes you would like to see to the current document should be offered right now.

Here is the relevant announcement in the Convention thread:

During the next 48 hours, please offer any amendments, as well as debate, that you would like to see considered for any part of the document. This is your last chance to make finishing touches to any of the more controversial changes, including dual-office holding, regional legislatures, the legislative restart, etc.

Feel free to offer opposing variations to amendments as well, which will then be brought up as a package vote.

Here is the relevant links to help you out:

Constitutional Convention thread

Constitutional Convention completed documents page

Please review the completed documents and post here or in the Convention thread with your comments, ideas or amendments. I would be happy to offer well thought out amendments on behalf of non-delegates.

This is a crucial moment in this process, as the next step is a final vote and then presentation to the regions for approval.

Thanks,
~President Purple State

Articles VII and VIII have been passed and the entire proposed Third Constitution is now nearly set. There is now just under 24 hours remaining for the proposal of amendments to any part of this document, before a final vote and presentation to the regions for the ratification process.

Please, I implore all the citizens of Atlasia, read through the completed documents page (linked in the quoted announcement above) and propose any amendments in this thread or in the Constitutional Convention thread (also linked above). Even if you don't know how to word the amendment properly, provide your thoughts and I will help you out.

Also, what the hell happened to this legislature?
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #2747 on: October 15, 2010, 01:03:44 AM »

I have no clue, Mr. President.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2748 on: October 15, 2010, 05:50:18 PM »

Hopefully the new Governor can help spark things again, but I simply have no interest in this game anymore.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2749 on: October 15, 2010, 08:16:23 PM »

who is speaker
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 ... 239  
« previous next »
Jump to: