MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:36:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 68009 times)
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« on: June 19, 2020, 05:13:06 PM »

Debates for this one ar fun to just have on in the background. Just casually making some Kennedy fillet. Kennedy probably wins because of his surname but Markey is running a very effective campaign against him.
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 05:45:55 AM »

This still seems like Kennedy's game. I'm sure he's kicking himself for risking it though. If JK3 loses, he loses his House seat, he loses his reputation, and he absolutely would stand no chance in 2024 or 2028 which he is very obviously eyeing. Markey is an effective legislator who isn't playing Massachusetts nostalgia as a launchpad for President. America thankfully has a pretty negative attitude towards aristocracy. There is no logical reason to replace Markey who realistically will retire soon anyways. Kennedy's petty opportunism will hopefully be punished at the ballot box however I am very pessimistic on this race in particular.
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 05:59:58 AM »

Also I'm sure the DCCC is blacklisting all the consultants and firms supporting challenger to an incumbent Joe Kennedy III like they said they're gonna do for all primary challengers 🙄
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 06:36:31 PM »

Loving Kennedy's Globe endorsement meltdown. This man was literally raised in the highest order of privilege someone in this country can be in (wannabe royal family, expensive family compound, Stanford/Harvard circuit TOTALLY OFF OF HIS OWN MERIT) yet has the gall to say the son of a milkman whose first job was driving an ice cream truck is somehow status-quo and that his pathetic usurpation attempt on the basis of his surname is a progressive march forward.

I'm gonna be honest even if Markey was some DINO Manchin type and Kennedy was objectively better on policy I'd still have Markey's back. This total lack of self-awareness, desperate power plays, and pure elitism is much of what is driving people away from the Democratic Party. Perhaps here, we can begin to reverse that.
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 08:14:21 PM »

Massive Markey vote dump from the west of the state on DDHQ. 52-47.

I don't wanna jump the gun, but the prognosis is Markey has it by 4-7 points for me.
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 08:22:15 PM »

SOMERVILLE!
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 09:05:20 PM »

Why is Kennedy doing so well in minority areas? Is it perhaps nostalgia for his grandfather, who was beloved by black voters? Or his recent appeals to those voters on racial justice issues?

Maybe because Markey opposed desegregation of Boston schools? Just a thought

The Kennedys implicitly supported segregated schools by virtue of sending their children to expensive private schools that only white people could afford to attend.

Talk about bad faith. Not sending their own kids to public schools doesn’t mean they support segregation in them.

Moreover, this comment is actually kind of racist. You suggesting that no minorities can afford to send their kids to private schools? I know for a fact this is BS.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies