Virginia 2009 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 04:42:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia 2009 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Virginia 2009 Megathread  (Read 171186 times)
Stampever
« on: September 23, 2009, 04:25:49 PM »

God forbid we should actually fund transportation for once...

Didn't VA have two consecutive Democratic governors, one who increased taxes unnecessarily that resulted in millions of excessive funds?  I think the residents of Virginia might find it hard to believe that a third Democratic governor would be any different, especially since he's campaigned on their reputation.
Stampever
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 02:19:44 PM »

I'd say the most telling thing right now is that McDonnell has dumped the pretense of running a positive campaign and is going 100% on Generic Republican Attack Mode: "THE DEMOCRATS WILL RAISE YOUR TAXES!!!11". If he were really up by 14 like SUSA says, he wouldn't need to be doing that.

Deeds has been running a negative campaign for much of the Summer, which is why he's recovered lost ground.  McDonnell has just returned the favor.  And as we know, negative adds tend to do better than positive ones, which is why all candidates resort to them at one point or another.
Stampever
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 08:32:46 AM »

No shit Deeds has been negative. My point is that when you're far ahead you don't need to go negative.

But he wasn't far ahead when he started turning the heat on Deeds.  He only did that after Deeds ran a successful ad series against him over his thesis.  This was his way to reset the spread.
Stampever
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 10:31:58 PM »

I - I - I - Idiot.
Stampever
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 02:43:04 PM »

I don't think McDonnell has enough name recognition to do a national run anyway.  That would be like that Congressman from California that tried to run for the Republican nomination in 2008.
Stampever
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 10:32:38 AM »

I'm inclined to agree (that McAuliffe was a bad candidate).
Stampever
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 12:46:49 PM »

I know it's a radical idea, but let's just suppose for a second that McDonnell isn't McCain and Deeds isn't Obama.  OMG!  It's a totally different election!
Stampever
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 10:15:56 AM »

You have to keep in mind, though, that Kaine hasn't been doing much campaigning in the past year, while McDonnell has been.

From my understanding, according to the newspapers Kaine hasn't been doing much of anything (as governor) in the past year.  He is constantly running around the country doing DNC work.
Stampever
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 08:51:07 AM »

Yeah that's true.  You spend your days furiously reloading Atlas instead.

I'm sorry but that excuse isn't going to fly.  Tender Branson or persons xyz are always over here right away if the result is favorable to Democrats.

What the hell is your problem?  Why didn't you just search for/post the poll results yourself if you're having such a heartache over it?  If you're capable enough to use a computer, your capable enough to use a search engine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies