Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:03:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 51
Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 86088 times)
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: March 18, 2019, 04:29:31 PM »

I could care less how much he raised. He's a sell out plain and simple. He most likely never supported single payer and only did it to attract an audience. I would vote Harris over him at this point, I'm not kidding!!!!! She's not perfect either but at least she's mostly running as an actual progressive.
Oh, now money raised doesn't matter? Got it.
That's not the point..... I do like that he doesn't take money from donors and is able to fundraise well without having to do that. But other then that, Beto sucks. Here's a guy who literally ran to the left when he was running for the senate in a RED STATE and now all of a sudden he's disavowed that, and you expect me to believe him? And second of all, I'm supporting Gillibrand this time, not Bernie(he really is too old), so your whole strawman is nonsense.

Beto might be the most repulsive person running, though it's hard to beat Booker at that game.

Next on the list of people who are going to kill the democratic party with their delusional whining.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #576 on: March 18, 2019, 04:31:17 PM »

He's freaking relentless.

He is very high energy.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #577 on: March 18, 2019, 05:04:54 PM »

I could care less how much he raised. He's a sell out plain and simple. He most likely never supported single payer and only did it to attract an audience. I would vote Harris over him at this point, I'm not kidding!!!!! She's not perfect either but at least she's mostly running as an actual progressive.
That's not the point..... I do like that he doesn't take money from donors and is able to fundraise well without having to do that. But other then that, Beto sucks. Here's a guy who literally ran to the left when he was running for the senate in a RED STATE and now all of a sudden he's disavowed that, and you expect me to believe him? And second of all, I'm supporting Gillibrand this time, not Bernie(he really is too old), so your whole strawman is nonsense.

Beto might be the most repulsive person running, though it's hard to beat Booker at that game.

Next on the list of people who are going to kill the democratic party with their delusional whining.

I'm not voting for Trump. Again with you clumping all R's together.
You on the big boy beto train? Right there with you!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #578 on: March 18, 2019, 05:06:17 PM »

I'm not voting for Trump. Again with you clumping all R's together.

Uh, you were cheerleading for Trump et al until like a month ago.
indietraveler

« Reply #579 on: March 18, 2019, 05:09:17 PM »

I can see him hitting up all of Iowa's 99 counties before summer is over.

Took me a while to find the info, but in Beto's 3 day run through Iowa over the weekend he held 18 events in 13 counties. He's off to a good start.

If he gets the nomination, high stamina Beto will be too much for Trump.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #580 on: March 18, 2019, 05:13:37 PM »

Good thing I'm not running for President, since I cuss like a sailor nearly 24/7.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #581 on: March 18, 2019, 06:16:01 PM »

Took me a while to find the info, but in Beto's 3 day run through Iowa over the weekend he held 18 events in 13 counties. He's off to a good start.

If he gets the nomination, high stamina Beto will be too much for Trump.

I’d bet that he will hit all 99. He hit Texas’s 254 in his senate run.

GAProgressive
Rookie

« Reply #582 on: March 18, 2019, 06:25:54 PM »

I can see him doing it by the end of May.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #583 on: March 18, 2019, 06:27:45 PM »

SCNCmod

« Reply #584 on: March 18, 2019, 06:39:58 PM »

I referenced this in another thread...But so many people are sort of acting as if Beto isn't capable of Policy details- just because he doesn't have camplete policy manual ready 3 days after his launch... Beto graduated from the same Ivy League University that Obama did- And Obama also started his campaign with more platitudes/ and filled in details as the campaign progressed.  So I think by the end of the campaign, similar to Obama/ Beto will be seen as very competent when it comes to policy manusha.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #585 on: March 18, 2019, 06:41:52 PM »

I referenced this in another thread...But so many people are sort of acting as if Beto isn't capable of Policy details- just because he doesn't have camplete policy manual ready 3 days after his launch... Beto graduated from the same Ivy League University that Obama did- And Obama also started his campaign with more platitudes/ and filled in details as the campaign progressed.  So I think by the end of the campaign, similar to Obama/ Beto will be seen as very competent when it comes to policy manusha.

An empty suit like Beto is going to get thrashed.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #586 on: March 18, 2019, 06:48:30 PM »

Beto got a big bounce in newest MC poll
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #587 on: March 18, 2019, 06:49:56 PM »

This is an advantage that creatures of emotion like Beto, Obama, Macron, Trump, Di Maio, and a whole hoast of others across history, have over creatures of policy. To them, policy is a defensive weapon, used to deflect criticism from rivals, whereas creatures of policy need to use their platform as a offensive and defensive weapon. If the emotional candidate fails to navigate appropriately, they have nothing to stand on and loose all appeal. If they do route well, and it is rather easy to do, the emotional candidate can take a position popular with the voters late and convince you, through their emotion, that they always supported that position.
SCNCmod

« Reply #588 on: March 18, 2019, 06:50:43 PM »

An empty suit like Beto is going to get thrashed.

Columbia's average SAT is over 1500 ... and multiple people have said they have seen Beto engaged in and very comfortable in Professorial level/style policy conversations.  He's hardly an empty suit.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #589 on: March 18, 2019, 06:52:35 PM »

This is an advantage that creatures of emotion like Beto, Obama, Macron, Trump, Di Maio, and a whole hoast of others across history, have over creatures of policy. To them, policy is a defensive weapon, used to deflect criticism from rivals, whereas creatures of policy need to use their platform as a offensive and defensive weapon. If the emotional candidate fails to navigate appropriately, they have nothing to stand on and loose all appeal. If they do route well, and it is rather easy to do, the emotional candidate can take a position popular with the voters late and convince you, through their emotion, that they always supported that position.

The thing is, we've seen the flaws with a platitudes-based candidate in this current environment. Hillary lost, Macron's administration is a complete clusterf***, and Trump has accomplished nothing other than giving tax cuts to the rich.
SCNCmod

« Reply #590 on: March 18, 2019, 06:59:16 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2019, 07:22:14 PM by SCNCmod »

Beto got a big bounce in newest MC poll

And that poll was taken March 11, 2019 to March 17, 2019. So it really didn't register the bounce he will likely get from his official announced... or the bounce he should definitely get from his FundRaising announcement.

I may be wrong- but if the MC Poll had him tied at 8% with Kamala last week... I wouldn't be surprised if polls taken the rest of this week (post announcement kickoff & fundraising report) ... show Beto around 14-15%.

If all this happens- then he's have ample to make a ton of smaller stops across the early primary and battleground states.. & formulate in his policy details.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #591 on: March 18, 2019, 07:22:04 PM »

The thing is, we've seen the flaws with a platitudes-based candidate in this current environment. Hillary lost, Macron's administration is a complete clusterf***, and Trump has accomplished nothing other than giving tax cuts to the rich.

LOL at lumping together Macron with a racist ignoramus like Trump.
You Bernie bros don't even try to hide anymore how politically illiterate you are.
SCNCmod

« Reply #592 on: March 18, 2019, 07:26:54 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2019, 07:44:37 PM by SCNCmod »

I referenced this in another thread...But so many people are sort of acting as if Beto isn't capable of Policy details- just because he doesn't have camplete policy manual ready 3 days after his launch... Beto graduated from the same Ivy League University that Obama did- And Obama also started his campaign with more platitudes/ and filled in details as the campaign progressed.  So I think by the end of the campaign, similar to Obama/ Beto will be seen as very competent when it comes to policy manusha.

Like her or not Hillary was a major policy wonk- I certainly wouldn't call her a platitude candidate. And for anyone to even include her in the same universe with Trump regarding policy is a best laughable.  
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #593 on: March 18, 2019, 07:39:47 PM »

Like her or not Hillary was a major policy wonk- I certainly wouldn't call her a platitude candidate. And for anyone to even include her in the same universe with Trump regarding policy is a best laughable.  (not up on the Macron details... but its probably safe to assume he is nowhere near Trump regarding policy platitudes, etc.  A 7th grade is more in depth policy wise than Trump.
I think he's referring to the Yellow Vest protests.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #594 on: March 18, 2019, 07:40:41 PM »

You Bernie bros don't even try to hide anymore how politically illiterate you are.

*sigh* Yet again, you completely miss the point.
SCNCmod

« Reply #595 on: March 18, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »

I may have missed the point also- But Hillary was definitely not a platitude candidate by any measure...(in fact, even in the 2008 campaign, Obama was the candidate criticised at least the 1st half of the campaign, for be light on policy details vs Hillary being very heavy on details)- so maybe I just do not agree with the premise? Unless maybe you are saying Hillary lost because she was a policy details candidate?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #596 on: March 18, 2019, 08:18:10 PM »

IMO beto should switch to the senate. He is perfectly fit for the senate race in Iowa with that #retail politics.

Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #597 on: March 18, 2019, 08:24:57 PM »

Hillary was the policy wonk in 2008 and 2016.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #598 on: March 18, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »

*sigh* Yet again, you completely miss the point.

Your point is that anyone who is to the right of Saint Bernie is a sellout and a fascist.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #599 on: March 18, 2019, 08:29:33 PM »

His campaign rollout is on the 31st, no? I expect policy to start trickling down afterwards. Right now it looks like he’s just touring early states, getting his name out there and fundraising. People who are like “if he doesn’t have detailed policy proposals on every issue 300 days before the first primary he’s an empty suit” like... calm down.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies