TX-SEN: True to Form
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:15:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN: True to Form
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 68
Author Topic: TX-SEN: True to Form  (Read 159147 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: August 31, 2018, 08:45:41 PM »

Seems like the DUI story died down within just a few hours. Not a single person mentioned it on Beto's instagram.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #776 on: August 31, 2018, 08:57:10 PM »

The Dui story could have legs in that he attempted to flee the scene and drove into an oncoming lane of traffic. He also got off scot-free because daddy was a powerful judge

[Citation Needed]

It sounds like because he had no prior criminal history, he was eligible for and successfully completed a pretty standard pretrial diversion program in order to avoid getting a conviction on his record. I obviously don’t know what the specifics would have been, but here in my jurisdiction that would mean court-ordered AA meetings and regular alcohol and drug testing for at least a year.

Bush was tarred and feathered for his DUI when he was 18 the last weekend of the 2000 campaign.  So you will understand if I do not express any sympathy for little fake Beto.  Please note there was never an allegation of property damage or fleeing in the Bush case.  But Beto is a Democrat. This will probably win him the Presidency.

I’m not arguing that it’s unreasonable to criticize Beto for his DWI. It’s certainly fair game. I’m just asking if there’s any evidence to back up the allegations being flung around that Beto failed to take responsibility for his actions or “got off scott-free” or received some kind of special treatment because of his dad’s position. I haven’t seen any. Can you tell me what I’m missing?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #777 on: August 31, 2018, 10:51:44 PM »

We can close the thread. Beto has won https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p5VxGOzgAoU&feature=youtu.be
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #778 on: September 01, 2018, 12:49:12 AM »

Cruz up by 1 isn't good against Beto
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #779 on: September 01, 2018, 07:42:15 AM »

RCP has now rated the senate race in Texas as toss-up.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/2018_elections_senate_map.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Texas,_2018#Predictions
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #780 on: September 01, 2018, 07:43:20 AM »

That's what the blue wave is, Dems winning in rural states
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #781 on: September 01, 2018, 07:48:13 AM »

That's what the blue wave is, Dems winning in rural states

...Texas is not a "rural state" by any stretch of the definition.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #782 on: September 01, 2018, 08:08:34 AM »

Whoa
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #783 on: September 01, 2018, 12:21:38 PM »

The Dui story could have legs in that he attempted to flee the scene and drove into an oncoming lane of traffic. He also got off scot-free because daddy was a powerful judge

[Citation Needed]

It sounds like because he had no prior criminal history, he was eligible for and successfully completed a pretty standard pretrial diversion program in order to avoid getting a conviction on his record. I obviously don’t know what the specifics would have been, but here in my jurisdiction that would mean court-ordered AA meetings and regular alcohol and drug testing for at least a year.

Bush was tarred and feathered for his DUI when he was 18 the last weekend of the 2000 campaign.  So you will understand if I do not express any sympathy for little fake Beto.  Please note there was never an allegation of property damage or fleeing in the Bush case.  But Beto is a Democrat. This will probably win him the Presidency.
Has Roy Moore conceded yet?
ajwiopjawefoiwefnwn
JaydonBrooks
Rookie
United States
« Reply #784 on: September 01, 2018, 12:24:35 PM »

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #785 on: September 01, 2018, 12:48:32 PM »

Now that's what I call a true knee slappin Texan ode to greatness!
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #786 on: September 01, 2018, 03:35:14 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #787 on: September 01, 2018, 03:39:14 PM »

LOL. They should have written "Lyin' Ted"
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #788 on: September 01, 2018, 04:15:32 PM »

Imagine thinking a DUI even matters anymore for a political campaign, lmao
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #789 on: September 01, 2018, 05:03:44 PM »

I think your conclusion regarding name recognition has merit. I disagree with your conclusion that a strong ad campaign will probably not benefit Senator Cruz though. Videos like this one get the message across very well and shorter versions which follow the same basic themes could be very effective, I think.
https://youtu.be/rLCQJg1x0Hg

Cruz doesn't need to speak in his ads... his voice is a little grating.  That ad has a good backing audio... which he should stick to.

That said- I really think Beto has a much better shot than anyone is giving him... I know that most view winning Texas is fools gold etc... But Beto seems to be catching steam- and more importantly, I think he seems very good at campaigning (his X Factor)- and he will work harder that any other senate candidate in the country (which will make the most of these campaign skills).

I appreciate the comment. Do you think it will be beneficial for Cruz if Trump began to make a concerted effort to retract his criticisms of Cruz which he levied at him during the campaign? In other words, by professing that he was wrong about Cruz during the campaign and saying that since he has been able to work with him and has gotten to know him that Senator Cruz is really the furthest thing from being dishonest or disingenuous. That he was wrong to brand him as "lyin' Ted."

The reason that I ask is that President Trump has a positive popularity rating in Texas and so it does seem to me that a concerted effort from the President on this front could be advantageous for the Cruz campaign. I recognize, of course, that Senator Cruz would probably defeat Trump in an election contest between them in Texas, as he did decisively in the 2016 Republican primary, including with the general electorate, but it does nonetheless seem to me to be something which would be helpful for Cruz in his re-election campaign.

While it could help Cruz, Trump is simply unable to admit he can be wrong. This will never happen.

This. The fall historical rally Playbook of talking about himself at and whatever guy is running against the Republican, talking about himself some more. Then wrapping up by talking about himself. He'll simply act like him calling Cruz lying Ted, let alone is claiming Cruz's father was involved with the JFK assassination, ever happened. And all the adults who support him will gladly salivate and play along.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #790 on: September 01, 2018, 05:08:45 PM »

Great point! He was such a powerful judge you went back in time and set up a court-ordered diversion program available for first-time offenders several years before his son picked up a charge! Brilliant! Not hackish at all!
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #791 on: September 01, 2018, 05:11:57 PM »

Great point! He was such a powerful judge you went back in time and set up a court-ordered diversion program available for first-time offenders several years before his son picked up a charge! Brilliant! Not hackish at all!

He borrowed Obama's time machine (you know, the one he used to place his birth announcement in the Honolulu newspapers).
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #792 on: September 02, 2018, 07:20:00 AM »

Parkland survivor raises thousands to place billboard of Trump's anti-Cruz tweet in Texas
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #793 on: September 02, 2018, 07:50:38 AM »

Boy Hogg can be ruthless and I love it
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #794 on: September 02, 2018, 08:42:33 AM »

He’s going to trigger a lot of snowflakes with that badass move.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #795 on: September 02, 2018, 11:08:52 AM »

new_patomic

« Reply #796 on: September 03, 2018, 04:50:29 PM »

Lol.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #797 on: September 03, 2018, 05:27:56 PM »

Lol.

These are the kind of ads I expect to HELP Beto. He's not some phony politician who is afraid to express his frustration.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #798 on: September 03, 2018, 05:30:25 PM »

Lol.

can we make a separate thread for just how awful of a job Ted is doing during this race.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #799 on: September 03, 2018, 05:34:03 PM »

A Democratic Karl Rove, beautiful!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies