MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:15:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
Author Topic: MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.  (Read 37221 times)
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: October 13, 2022, 10:55:39 AM »

#Realignment
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #476 on: October 13, 2022, 10:56:28 AM »

As Trump said, we love our law enforcement!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #477 on: October 13, 2022, 09:31:39 PM »

Anybody else watch the rest of the debate?

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #478 on: October 13, 2022, 11:09:59 PM »

Anybody else watch the rest of the debate?

That's... Terrifyingly effective.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #479 on: October 13, 2022, 11:11:48 PM »

God the Whitmer/Shapiro (or vice versa) ticket in 2028 is going to be so powerful (if the Democratic Party hasn't been banned by then).
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #480 on: October 13, 2022, 11:51:05 PM »

God the Whitmer/Shapiro (or vice versa) ticket in 2028 is going to be so powerful (if the Democratic Party hasn't been banned by then).

Yep, it'll be yet another milque-toast snoozefest, as they go down, I foresee President DeSantis / Vice President Deb Fischer defeats Whitmer/Shapiro at the 2028 election, with a map like : https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=hz51 , a landslide for the era, In 2032 I have heard that it will be a lot like 1908, but for Secretary of State Rand Paul, who will continue President DeSantis efforts to put America First and add onto to that by auditing the FED and returning America to the Gold Standad. Get ready for some suffering liberals...
UncleSam

« Reply #481 on: October 14, 2022, 12:05:43 AM »

Yep, it'll be yet another milque-toast snoozefest, as they go down, I foresee President DeSantis / Vice President Deb Fischer defeats Whitmer/Shapiro at the 2028 election, with a map like : https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=hz51 , a landslide for the era, In 2032 I have heard that it will be a lot like 1908, but for Secretary of State Rand Paul, who will continue President DeSantis efforts to put America First and add onto to that by auditing the FED and returning America to the Gold Standad. Get ready for some suffering liberals...
I kind of do agree that Whitmer / Shapiro would have very little appeal against an incumbent DeSantis. They're just very boring, white, midwestern establishment Ds who are not going to inspire a massive turnout boom necessary to oust an incumbent. They'd basically be running as Joe Biden 3.0 at that point, which literally only works when your opponent is Donald Trump.

Dems could beat an incumbent DeSantis if he mismanages things, but not with a ticket like that. Lowkey best option might be like a Joaquin Castro if he knocks off Cornyn in a DeSantis midterm in 2026 - someone who can put the sun belt back into play and counter trends among hispanics.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #482 on: October 14, 2022, 07:35:55 AM »

I kind of do agree that Whitmer / Shapiro would have very little appeal against an incumbent DeSantis. They're just very boring, white, midwestern establishment Ds who are not going to inspire a massive turnout boom necessary to oust an incumbent. They'd basically be running as Joe Biden 3.0 at that point, which literally only works when your opponent is Donald Trump.

Dems could beat an incumbent DeSantis if he mismanages things, but not with a ticket like that. Lowkey best option might be like a Joaquin Castro if he knocks off Cornyn in a DeSantis midterm in 2026 - someone who can put the sun belt back into play and counter trends among hispanics.

I can't speak to Whitmer because I don't live in MI, but these posts completely misread exactly why Shapiro is doing so well.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #483 on: October 14, 2022, 07:57:08 AM »

Whitmer won so easily in 2018 because she ran with Debbie S, STABENOW, whom easily defeated John James both Evers and Shapiro have Barnes and Fetterman Whitmer is all alone it's gonna be close but with Early voting Whitmer being only tied isn't that bad

Users always go negative when they see a bad poll for Ds and Early voting is underway
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #484 on: October 14, 2022, 07:00:46 PM »

“She’ll put the second amendment before second graders” is such a badass line, wow
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #485 on: October 15, 2022, 05:22:42 PM »

“She’ll put the second amendment before second graders” is such a badass line, wow

The debate probably won't matter, but this line needs to be part of Democratic rhetoric on gun issues going forward. I wish I thought of it!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #486 on: October 19, 2022, 08:57:33 AM »

It's literally exactly what we're seeing in PA. Dixon, Oz, etc., we're not going to stay at 37% forever.

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #487 on: October 19, 2022, 09:08:33 AM »

It's literally exactly what we're seeing in PA. Dixon, Oz, etc., we're not going to stay at 37% forever.

You can tell this person is exaggerating the number of "insiders" (a terrible and overdramatic term) he's spoken to because absolutely nobody thinks Whitmer is up by 9 points, and some would even balk at 5.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #488 on: October 19, 2022, 09:47:21 AM »

You can tell this person is exaggerating the number of "insiders" (a terrible and overdramatic term) he's spoken to because absolutely nobody thinks Whitmer is up by 9 points, and some would even balk at 5.

Did you ever end up finding about that poll with a "modest" Fetterman lead? Does the margin rhyme with free to thrive? lol

(or that poll with the Oz lead lol)
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #489 on: October 19, 2022, 10:05:23 AM »

Did you ever end up finding about that poll with a "modest" Fetterman lead? Does the margin rhyme with free to thrive? lol

The modest Fetterman lead poll was a battleground congressional district poll. The Oz lead was a statewide and will probably not see the light of day.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #490 on: October 19, 2022, 10:08:59 AM »

The modest Fetterman lead poll was a battleground congressional district poll. The Oz lead was a statewide and will probably not see the light of day.

Very interesting - thank you! I know I keep bugging you, but any insights on any of the battleground congressional district polls? Or at least which district it was?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #491 on: October 19, 2022, 10:15:41 AM »

Very interesting - thank you! I know I keep bugging you, but any insights on any of the battleground congressional district polls? Or at least which district it was?

It's competitive.  Wink
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #492 on: October 19, 2022, 10:22:57 AM »

It's competitive.  Wink

Bless you.

I am going to assume it's PA-07 because the hopium for Wild is alive. Smiley (Fetterman up in that district would also be pretty great for him too)

But thank you again for all the insights and putting up with the questions! Really do appreciate it.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #493 on: October 19, 2022, 01:36:40 PM »

How's this race going? Gretchen Whitmer is one of my favorite governors in the country.

Is she likely to win or what?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #494 on: October 19, 2022, 02:04:17 PM »

Reminds me of a bit from the late Louie Anderson when talking about how his mom would always gossip about the neighbors.

Louie would ask her how she knows all of this and she would just give him *that* look like she had *inside information*.  
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #495 on: October 19, 2022, 02:05:48 PM »

It's competitive.  Wink

Might it have been the PA-07 poll we got today? Smiley
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #496 on: October 19, 2022, 02:19:40 PM »

It's competitive.  Wink

Nope!
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #497 on: October 19, 2022, 02:27:31 PM »

It's competitive.  Wink

Nope!

Fab -- thanks!
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #498 on: October 19, 2022, 05:11:18 PM »

It's competitive.  Wink

Also are there any races where you think Atlas is actually underestimating the Democrat? You don't have to say which one obviously.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #499 on: October 19, 2022, 08:00:40 PM »

How's this race going? Gretchen Whitmer is one of my favorite governors in the country.

Is she likely to win or what?
So, no answer?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies