CPAC speaker calls for genocide of trans people (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:32:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC speaker calls for genocide of trans people (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CPAC speaker calls for genocide of trans people  (Read 5593 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: March 05, 2023, 02:47:42 PM »

The fact that you guys don't see any difference between "cancelling people for pronouns is bad" and "don't let biological men compete with biological women" and a call for genocide of an entire group by the homophobic Teletubby known as Michael Knowles is exactly why the trans rights movement has lost support.

Literally all of us see those as 3 different things. Who ever said otherwise?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 05:17:33 PM »

No, we should force all the threads I don't like into a megathread because this forum exists to cater to my preferences alone!!!1
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 05:20:31 PM »

No, we should force all the threads I don't like into a megathread because this forum exists to cater to my preferences alone!!!1

Abortion/overturning Roe gets a megathread, COVID gets a megathread, Jan 6th gets a megathread

but somehow LGBT issues that are spammed in USGD just as often aren't worthy of a megathread? lmao

Ok? Quit reading the trans threads if you don't like them. There are lots of threads here that don't interest me, so I don't read them. I don't cry about it and try to get them shut down.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023, 05:47:05 PM »

The Roe v. Wade megathread isn't an "abortion megathread." It's only for things directly related to the Dobbs decision.

For example, we've had these abortion-related threads in just the last few weeks that aren't part of it:
South Carolina woman arrested for terminating pregnacy with abortion pills
Activist judge Matthew Kacsmaryk could soon ban the abortion pill
How should the GOP approach abortion in 2024, if the goal is to maximize its chances of winning?
Military's New Abortion Policy Outrages Republicans
Mike Pence says "we need to ban abortion pills nationwide"
How to refute this common anti-choice argument?
Texas Woman Nearly Loses Her Life After Doctors Can't Legally Perform an Abortion
Anti-choice doctor encourages abortion opponents to act like 'principled' 9/11 hijackers

As you can see, there's a lot more discussion of abortion outside of the Dobbs megathread than there is in it. The argument that trans issues have to go into a megathread because abortion ones do is a failure.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 05:57:19 PM »

The mods infract posts that are in the mainstream of public debate.

So? The mods would "infract" someone who said the exact quote that this thread is about, and they should, even though it's in the "mainstream of public debate."
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 06:43:17 PM »

Do you support the eradication of "transgenderism"?

Obviously not  and that was clearly not the moderation I was objecting too . I was objecting to the ones that were done against posters like Mr.R

So do you support moderating a post that calls for that, even though it's in the "mainstream of public debate" ?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 02:17:42 PM »

I called these comments crazy and both Fuzzy and Mr R recommended that post so this isn’t true .

You also recommended a post that I made saying if a poster made a comment like Knowles did here , then the mods would be correct to infract the post so it’s false to say you endorse this rhetoric.

Can you link these two posts? I was unable to find any post of yours on this thread that Mr. R recommended other than  complaining about the mods on page 5
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 02:29:52 PM »

I called these comments crazy and both Fuzzy and Mr R recommended that post so this isn’t true .

You also recommended a post that I made saying if a poster made a comment like Knowles did here , then the mods would be correct to infract the post so it’s false to say you endorse this rhetoric.

Can you link these two posts? I was unable to find any post of yours on this thread that Mr. R recommended other than  complaining about the mods on page 5

Here :

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=541038.msg8997672#msg8997672

Mr R agrees that a comment like what Knowles made should be infracted if made here   

That's a bit of a leap, as he was likely recommending your defense of him specifically, rather than your implicit statement that it would be ok to moderate a hypothetical post.

But even so, what about the other claim?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 04:49:31 PM »

Let's not derail the thread into discussing what 2 random message board posters think. The focus should be what this Republican thought leader said at the largest and most influential gathering of conservatives in America.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2023, 01:49:49 PM »

The only people ever saying anything about genocide are those who have been falsely claiming people they don't like are calling for it, with no evidence to support it.

I remember a right wing user that I won't name being heavily infracted for calling puberty blockers (and genital surgery on 17 and a half year olds) a mass sterilization and/or genocide comparable to the Tuskegee Study Of Untreated Syphilis In The Negro Male.

You must have conveniently forgotten about that one.

Sounds like I was expressing concern for Trans and gender nonconforming kids rather than calling for their eradication. If I wanted to eradicate them wouldnt I have viewed their mass sterilization favorably rather than with alarm?

You also wouldn’t oppose banning adult gender affirming care as well as you did in the OK thread 

Why are you telling him what his positions are? Let him figure that out on his own and tell us himself if he wants to.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies