MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:10:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 67973 times)
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« on: August 27, 2019, 04:32:07 PM »

Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 11:35:35 AM »

Why? Is it all that they’ve accomplished? All the members of the family who have given there lives to this country? All the contributions to this country that they’ve made? Jealousy? What is it....

The Kennedy name is strong drink for Massachusetts Boomers, and has been for an absurdly long time. It really is that simple. You might as well ask--and people did!--what the point was of Ted running in 1962 (although it obviously wasn't Boomers voting for him yet then).

I’m the furthest thing from a boomer. I’m a (as my username says) millennial moderate and there is no one in this state who I would be more enthusiastic to vote for than Joe Kennedy.

Puke. Would change my vote from enthusiastic Biden to extremely reluctantly Biden.

You are so odd. Do the Kennedys pay you or something? Markey is a fantastic senator, Kennedy has done nothing but been spoon-fed his entire life. Everything he has ever done has been because of his meaningless last name. He has never had to work for anything and is now making a vanity run against one of the best senators in the country just because he's too impatient to wait for an open seat. He's a whiny child.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 12:19:17 PM »

LMAO

That's pretty rich coming from a Kennedy.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 02:44:05 PM »

To me, the most exciting thing about this race is that if Kennedy loses, his career is basically over. The thought of that just makes me happy.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 11:23:22 AM »
« Edited: August 16, 2020, 11:27:09 AM by Brittain33 »

Leonard likes this post!
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 04:42:38 PM »

Kennedy hasn't run a great campaign, but Markey's campaign has been despicable.

He's been turning this race into a referendum on the Kennedy family and allied himself with these absolute assholes on the far-left who act as his shock troops doing everything they can to trash JKIII and the Kennedys as a whole.  Most of them had no idea who Kennedy or Markey were three months ago and now they're turned "Vote for Markey" into a progressive litmus test.

And you want to talk personal attacks?  Markey fired first.  But really, he's been firing throughout this campaign by letting Rose Twitter do the dirty work of oppo and character assassination against JKIII.

Such a shame that JKIII fell into this bear trap.  He was a rising star in the party, and ordinarily, running a primary campaign against a 74-year-old incumbent who's lost touch with his district is something we're cool with.  Right, AOC and Cori Bush fans?

Unfortunately, Markey used this destructive, divisive strategy, and now even if JKIII wins his career is going to be forever kneecapped by the relentless demonization and character assassination he's endured from the progressive left, for nothing other than the crime of challenging The Great Ed Markey, who I repeat, none of these people actually knows anything about other than that he's AOC's buddy.  Imagine if someone told them he voted for the Iraq War.  According to Bernie, that's a disqualifying mistake.

Stay mad lol
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 05:43:04 PM »

If Kennedy does end up winning, this thread is going to age terribly.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 08:10:58 PM »

I really hope this isn't a "Dewey Wins" scenario.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 05:21:44 PM »

The 538 podcast made an interesting point. Kennedy could have beaten Pressley for a Senate seat, but he wouldn’t want to run for President as the guy who kept Pressley out of the Senate.

But would he really want to run as the guy who kicked the guy who wrote the GND out of the Senate?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies