Fairleigh Dickinson University: Kean(R) has a leg up on Bob Menendez(D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:13:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Fairleigh Dickinson University: Kean(R) has a leg up on Bob Menendez(D)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Fairleigh Dickinson University: Kean(R) has a leg up on Bob Menendez(D)  (Read 17266 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2006, 01:05:04 PM »

And the Lewinsky scandle had an effect on Gore winning.

No one knows if the ML affected the 2000 election cycle

Well? Which is it?

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2006, 01:05:47 PM »

I said Monica Lewinsky affected 2000 and Gore and Clinton wasn't on the ballot in 2004. As far as NJ Gallup didn't poll NJ so I don't know what to expect now. I said it played a part but the part it played historians will tell. And President Clinton has Monica Lewinsky in his library.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2006, 01:06:57 PM »

CHANGE NJ, I CHANGED OH OR LOSE WHATEVER SLIVER OF RESPECT THAT WAS LEFT
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2006, 01:07:43 PM »

I am not until he is leading among likely voters.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2006, 01:08:24 PM »

I said Monica Lewinsky affected 2000

You said that...you also said that no one can tell whether it did. So which is it?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2006, 01:09:06 PM »

I am not until he is leading among likely voters.

CHANGE YOU LITTLE HYPOCRIT, YOU SAY IF I CHANGED OH YOU'D CHANGE NJ, BUT NOW BECAUSE YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST PERSON WALKING THE FACE OF THE EARTH YOU WILL NOT.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2006, 01:19:53 PM »

Don't you realize that Rasmussen is a libertarian and he overstates polls in MO and RI and understates it in NJ. I would caution you on his polls. He said Whitehouse was leading by six and McCaskill was ahead and they both wind up trailing.  As for monica lewinsky, it contributed to Gore pulling out in 2004 and it affected Hillary's decision not to run. It may not have a big contributing factor in the race, but by Gore and Hillary being associated with Bill it may them associates of the crime.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2006, 01:21:14 PM »

Don't you realize that Rasmussen is a libertarian and he overstates polls in MO and RI and understates it in NJ. I would caution you on his polls. He said Whitehouse was leading by six and McCaskill was ahead and they both wind up trailing.  As for monica lewinsky, it contributed to Gore pulling out in 2004 and it affected Hillary's decision not to run. It may not have a big contributing factor in the race, but by Gore and Hillary being associated with Bill it may them associates of the crime.

MAY I CAUTION YOU GALLUP AND ZOGBY F**KED UP THE 04' ELECTION AND RASMUSSEN DIDN'T?  MAY I REMIND YOU THAT THE TWO POLLS CAME OUT BOTH SHOWING BIG GAINS FOR KEAN?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2006, 01:22:50 PM »

Eveyone messes up the election, but him being a libertarian doesn't bold we for him being nonpartisan, even Rasmussen messed up 2000.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2006, 01:23:21 PM »

Ok, you're officially insane. I hope you're banned because you're completely out of your mind.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2006, 01:24:35 PM »

Ok, you're officially insane. I hope you're banned because you're completely out of your mind.

Please, I'll help
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2006, 01:28:06 PM »

Rasmussen is a libertarian and he isn't nonpartisan. As for me being insane,  Monica played a role but a small one and the Republicans used it in all of their campaign ads in 2000. I am not insane, I just happen to disagree with you.  As for Rasmussen until he proves he isn't all over the map with his polls I would consider using his polls. He is just as nonpartisan as Zogby is.  Both are very much partisans.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2006, 01:29:49 PM »

As for me being insane,  Monica played a role but a small one and the Republicans used it in all of their campaign ads in 2000.

This says it all, really. Priceless!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2006, 01:30:43 PM »

Rasmussen is a libertarian and he isn't nonpartisan. As for me being insane,  Monica played a role but a small one and the Republicans used it in all of their campaign ads in 2000. I am not insane, I just happen to disagree with you.  As for Rasmussen until he proves he isn't all over the map with his polls I would consider using his polls. He is just as nonpartisan as Zogby is.  Both are very much partisans.

What are you talking about?  Rasmussen is an independent pollster, do you expect him to vote, of course he has a preference but his polls don't show it.  He correctly predicted every single state in 2004, Zogby did not come close to that.  Are you on drugs, and I some serious ones?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2006, 01:31:17 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2006, 01:33:13 PM by overton »

I am not insane I am not priceless. And every single historian said Monica Lewinsky helped defeat Al Gore in the presidential race. If you are arguing with me, you are arguing with historians.

As for Rasmussen he uses small samples, and his questions aren't phase the same way like the other polls.  If you phrase a question differently then you will respond differently.  Zogby uses a different set of questions and he has 900 voters, Rasmussen only uses 500 likely voters.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2006, 01:34:16 PM »

I am not insane I am not priceless. And every single historian said Monica Lewinsky helped defeat Al Gore in the presidential race. If you are arguing with me, you are arguing with historians.

As for Rasmussen he uses small samples, and his questions aren't phase the same way like the other polls.  If you phrase a question differently then you will respond differently.  Zogby uses a different set of questions and he has 900 voters, Rasmussen only uses 500 likely voters.

Ok, you tell me which one was more accurate in 2004?  BTW, the correct answer is Rasmussen
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2006, 01:37:02 PM »

I just think that we can just disagree on this on Monica Lewinsky and NJ polls. But I will tell you that hadn't Monica Lewinsky hadn't happened or 911 hadn't happened the Dems would be controlling the House and the WH right now.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2006, 01:38:36 PM »

I just think that we can just disagree on this on Monica Lewinsky and NJ polls. But I will tell you that hadn't Monica Lewinsky hadn't happened or 911 hadn't happened the Dems would be controlling the House and the WH right now.

How can we disagree on polls?  There numbers, there math, there's nothing to be disagreeing on.  Polls show Kean in the lead, unless your more of an idiot than I thought you were, your method would say change now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2006, 01:41:10 PM »

I am saying that even if Menendez is behind I think he will ultimately win. I can go by trends can I. The Dems outnumber republicans right now in the state, and I think that more Dems can come out and support Menendez. I am saying that I am disagreeing with you on the prediction not the polls right now.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2006, 01:51:08 PM »

This just gets better and better...I'm so afraid of your historians...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2006, 01:52:38 PM »

I will tell you one thing hadn't it been for Monica Al Gore would of been president and the Dems would of controlled the House.  Gore before Monica was leading Bush 5 points and after Monica he was trailing. And the republicans wouldn't have used it all of their ads if it didn't matter.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2006, 02:50:47 PM »

I just think that we can just disagree on ...NJ polls.

That is exactly what you said w/Monica Lewinsky thrown in the middle, you are John Kerry flip-flopping abilites.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2006, 03:02:04 PM »

I will change it when Kean is ahead in likely voters, as well as registered voters. I want to see a Reuters poll that is much more favorable to Dems first. 
Conan
conan

« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2006, 03:23:59 PM »

That is exactly what you said w/Monica Lewinsky thrown in the middle, you are John Kerry flip-flopping abilites.

Tom Kean has flipped flopped on social security and stem cells.
Conan
conan

« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2006, 03:35:45 PM »

Tom Kean has flipped flopped on social security and stem cells.

and immigration.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies