PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:13:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 286700 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2021, 08:54:08 PM »

Democrats thinking populist rural voters will vote for Fetterman just because he looks like a big tough guy is just as stupid as Republicans thinking they'll get 25% of the black vote if they nominate Candace Owens for president

Well, Youngkin got close to 25% of the black vote and he's white.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2021, 08:58:20 PM »

Lamb will be another Sinema if he wins the primary. It has to be Fetterman.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2021, 03:06:51 PM »

If Parnell is forced out of the race, this race moves to Likely R.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2021, 09:24:35 AM »

He could win by 10 if it's indeed an R+8 year.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2021, 04:10:29 PM »

And that's a wrap for the political career of Sean Parnell, folks.

And the chances of Democrats winning this seat.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2021, 08:49:48 PM »

It's pretty wild that the most likely nominee before dropped out and now Oz is somewhat likely to be the nominee, despite just moving to PA and having a questionable past politically (like Trump).

If he wins, he'd be the first Republican Muslim Senator, or Republican Muslim in Congress period.

People really need to realize that other GOP candidates like Sands and Rothfus will jump in, and Oz will lose momentum if only because of the inevitable nasty attacks claiming he's a "scary muslim" or something along those lines.

Here's the thing. I had to do some digging before even finding that out. Nobody would know he's a Muslim just by looking at him (or Turkish, for that matter), so I don't think those "nasty attacks" would land even if they're made, of which the likelihood will be overestimated by Democrats who want the anti-Muslim portrayal of Republicans. He's got a populist doctor schtick going for him that I think many base Republican voters will like.

Do you seriously not think being a Muslim hurts you in a Republican primary?

Republicans actually love nominating candidates whose demographics don’t seem to fit with expectations (see: Larry Elder, John James, and many more) precisely so they can have plausible deniability to deflect allegations of bigotry. And it doesn’t hurt that Oz “looks” fairly white, has a name that doesn’t “sound Muslim,” has a white Christian wife, and doesn’t apparently take the religion very seriously. No one will care any more than they cared that Trump was an atheist philanderer. Might be a plus if anything to “troll the libs” by saying “Ee, WE have Muslim support TOO!”

I don't think Trump's an atheist, but it does seem like he's not as devout as he claimed to be during his campaigns. That being said, this thread is about Oz, so I'll just say: I don't think his religious affiliation matters too much electorally. It's not 1960 anymore.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2022, 07:47:54 PM »

Fetterman is a weak candidate. Lamb might be the better option here.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2022, 07:00:34 AM »

Yet another piece of evidence that Fetterman sees the primary as his without having to work for it. This shows that he's a bad general election candidate.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2022, 09:25:36 AM »

To be honest, its been very clear from the very beginning that Lamb has been running for US Senate out of sheer spite, and has not been running a serious campaign.

This is not true at all? What? All 4 are running serious races.

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of Lamb, but I'd hardly say that he's running solely out of spite.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2022, 02:39:50 PM »

Hot take: The general election will be double digits for the Republicans. Look at the new Trafalgar GCB poll at R+13.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2022, 02:42:12 PM »

Hot take: The general election will be double digits for the Republicans. Look at the new Trafalgar GCB poll at R+13.

Lol Trafalgar...

Trafalgar was the best pollster in 2020.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2022, 03:22:32 PM »

It doesn't matter. No Democrat is winning this race, this year.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2022, 12:00:34 PM »

I think the DSCC is right to go to bat for Lamb, since Fetterman's running a lazy campaign. I guess that's who I endorse, although I hope he's not another Manchin/Sinema.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2022, 01:52:24 PM »

My prediction: Fetterman wins the primary, has a slight lead in the general election polling, then loses by 5-7 points to McCormick.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2022, 07:54:37 PM »

Honestly, Fetterman's a terrible candidate at this point. I'm for this, even if I agree with Fetterman more on policy. The most important thing is winning. Of course, it's not likely than any Democrat can beat any Republican in Pennsylvania this year.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2022, 04:55:01 PM »

Well, I guess I don't need to strategically vote for Fetterman if he's up by 30 points. If he does win the primary, I hope and pray that he starts taking the campaign more seriously. If he campaigns as hard in the general as Malcolm has in the primary, that would be great.

How bad of a campaign can he be running if he is up 30?
Also this month old poll is sponsored by a superpac backing Lamb so it's doubly good for Fetterman.

Name recognition, I guess. Plus people think he's the most "electable" option, maybe. It was the same way with Joe Biden in 2020.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2022, 07:41:43 PM »

It'll be more like 4-7 points. This is a red wave year.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2022, 03:34:54 PM »

Both Lamb and Fetterman are full throttle with TV ads. I've seen both recently on cable like CNN also local like ABC.

Ads aren't enough. Fetterman needs a ground game. Of course, neither will win the general election.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2022, 09:02:18 PM »

Meanwhile, the Republicans are debating and talking over each other about how which degree of authoritarianism they would implement to prevent future imaginary election fraud

I watched part of David Pakman's livestream of that debate. Even by GOP standards, it was unhinged.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2022, 03:20:34 PM »

That sucks. I hope he gets better soon.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2022, 09:23:56 AM »

I hope Barnette wins the primary. She's the only one Fetterman has a snowball's chance in hell of beating.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2022, 11:24:23 PM »

Oz is the weaker candidate. Stop the count!
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2022, 02:52:09 PM »

I think Oz wins by mid-single digits. Fetterman is running a very lazy campaign. Sad!
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2022, 03:01:19 PM »

I think Oz wins by mid-single digits. Fetterman is running a very lazy campaign. Sad!

...... he's been out because of the stroke the last few weeks ....

I'm convinced you're just a robot at this point.

Even before the primary, he was just coasting on name recognition. That will not work against Oz, not in this environment.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2022, 03:58:52 PM »

I think Oz wins by 4-5 points based on the national environment based on Republican voters holding their noses for him. No poll can convince me otherwise; I'll believe Fetterman winning when I see it. Oz's issues won't matter; all swing voters care about is MUH GAS PRICES!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies