COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:57:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 541684 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2021, 12:10:41 AM »

Thursday afternoon! I have never been more excited to get a vaccine in my life.

I am getting my first dosage on Friday! Moderna !
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2021, 11:13:58 AM »

Will the johnson and johnson be delay the return to normalcy?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2021, 07:34:56 PM »

We need to stop with the shutdown talk. 

The vulnerable population has had ample opportunity to get vaccinated at this point.  Why would you punish those who have done the responsible thing and gotten vaccinated and who should now be able to behave normally with almost no risk because a bunch of crazy people refuse to believe in science? 

Compulsory vaccination would be much less harmful than shutdowns and no one seems to be even willing to consider it.

Problem is it seems that people on the online left do not ever want to return to normal. They want people to live locked down indefinitely.  If they want to live like that forever it is their choice. The general population should not be forced to live that way.

I am also disturbed about the movement for permanent online schooling.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2021, 06:39:31 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2021, 07:00:29 AM by jimmie »

Oh so a few people getting blood clots is worse than getting covid? A few people getting blood clots is worse than indefinite unemployment and loss of learning? A few people getting blood clots is worse than hundreds of thousands of people dying from covid 19?

This is just more evidence that a largely vaccinated population is not the end goal. More proof that the government has no intention of wanting this pandemic to end. More proof this is all about control and not about public health.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2021, 07:18:58 AM »

Oh so a few people getting blood clots is worse than getting covid? A few people getting blood clots is worse than indefinite unemployment and loss of learning? A few people getting blood clots is worse than hundreds of thousands of people dying from covid 19?

This is just more evidence that a largely vaccinated population is not the end goal. More proof that the government has no intention of wanting this pandemic to end. More proof this is all about control and not about public health.

Example: Blood clots sometimes occurred in a fairly young population vaccinated with AZ. Cases were reported even in 20-year-olds.

For a 20-year-old, the chance of dying from the virus is almost non-existent, i.e. extremely low. Thus any risk of a blood clot, which is a very serious, often life-threatening condition, is to be investigated thoroughly, as the virus it is supposed to protect against is very rarely life-threatening for very young people.

The number of "blood clots" are so minimal compared to the deaths from covid-19 itself. It is not worth stopping usage of this vaccine.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2021, 07:37:22 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2021, 07:41:26 AM by jimmie »

Example: Blood clots sometimes occurred in a fairly young population vaccinated with AZ. Cases were reported even in 20-year-olds.

For a 20-year-old, the chance of dying from the virus is almost non-existent, i.e. extremely low. Thus any risk of a blood clot, which is a very serious, often life-threatening condition, is to be investigated thoroughly, as the virus it is supposed to protect against is very rarely life-threatening for very young people.

The number of "blood clots" are so minimal compared to the deaths from covid-19 itself. It is not worth stopping usage of this vaccine.

For older people, you're right. For younger people, you're wrong.

Tell me, how many < 29-year-olds do you think died with (not necessarily as a result of) Corona in the US?

In total, 2250 0-29 year olds died.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#SexAndAge

Many were most likely already seriously/chronically ill and/or immunocompromised, meaning a healthy 20-year-old has an almost 0 chance of dying from the virus. So if the vaccine turns out to be more dangerous to that group than the virus itself, it should not be given.

has anyone actually died from a blood clot? Considering the amount of people who had blood clots, 6, is less than 2250. Considering like 7 million (? I think) Johnson and Johnson vaccines have been given.. the evidence is clear.. It is worth using.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2021, 07:41:53 AM »

To make it clear.. and I am not saying this out of emotion

I do not care about a few rare blood clots.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2021, 07:54:30 AM »

So we are never going to get out of this pandemic? We will not have open schools nor open businesses until the inevitable GOP sweep in even blue states in the 2022 midterms are we?? And wait for them to take office in January 2023 to force reopenings?

Is there any chance the FDA/CDC emergency meeting on Wednesday may allow for continued usage of Johnson and Johnson?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2021, 08:35:06 AM »

Is there actually a sizeable contingent of liberals supporting permanent online schooling? What would even be the reason for that? I thought many wanted it until the Fall or maybe until next year at the latest.

I don't want permanent online school. But I do think vaccination should be mandatary for kids and their entire families to be able to attend public schools.  I'm also open to holding back reopening to give everyone time to get vaccinated.

In addition, if a family won't get vaccinated it should be mandatary they enroll their child in private school AND face hefty fines simply for not getting vaccinated.  A fine so hefty that they are, in a way, forced into vaccination.

if that was done in virginia.. the governorship would be completely lost. And the Republican would end up reopening schools anyway! Do Democrats really need to lose another state???
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2021, 09:00:49 AM »

It's crazy to me that The risk of blood clots from birth control pills is 1 in 1,000 and it is considered a low-risk side effect. Yet Woman takes those pills every year and I don't see anybody going crazy over that

But when 6 out 7 million people gets blood clots from the Johnson and Johnson. That is apparently more than enough evidence for them to pause the Vaccine during a pandemic

I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Ben Shapiro of all people on this

Anti-vax people have been owned with FACTS and LOGIC  Sunglasses

Now do you see why I have been crazy this whole time in regards to the pandemic?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2021, 09:18:34 AM »

It's crazy to me that The risk of blood clots from birth control pills is 1 in 1,000 and it is considered a low-risk side effect. Yet Woman takes those pills every year and I don't see anybody going crazy over that

But when 6 out 7 million people gets blood clots from the Johnson and Johnson. That is apparently more than enough evidence for them to pause the Vaccine during a pandemic

I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Ben Shapiro of all people on this

I mostly agree, but "6 out 7 million people" stat is missleading. Those who get very rare and dangerous blood clots are younger healthier women that get vaccinated at least 2 weeks ago. Same with AstraZeneca. How many of those 7 millions are younger healthier women that have vaccinated more than 2 weeks ago? Probably a couple ten of thousands. May be even less.

All six recipients were women between the ages of 18 and 48. One woman died and a second woman in Nebraska has been hospitalized in critical condition.

Re: blood clots from birth control pills.
Not all "blood clots" are the same.

So? They are not more important than the nearly 600,000 people who have died from covid 19.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2021, 09:28:58 AM »

Strongly oppose pausing J&J vaccinations. Far more people could die as a consequence of not getting their shot. It's out of question the vaccine prevents pretty much 100% of deaths from COVID, which is far, far more than might die from thrombisis. It's not even proven J&J is the cause of said complications.

I am done.. I am done.. I am done.. I am done.. I am done.. with all this BS.

My conspiracy theories have been proven correct.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2021, 11:32:47 AM »

Six reported cases.  In Britain, reports of blood clots from the AZ vaccine tripled after doctors knew to start looking for them.  19 people have died.

Out of about twenty million or so jabs administered. Meanwhile, over 125,000 people here have died of Covid during the past twelve months.

Exactly.

Any of these vaccine side effects are literally nothing compared to covid symptoms.  All this world wide suffering is going to make me lose my damn mind.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2021, 06:50:59 PM »

Is it possible the fda will allow continued usage after its meeting?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2021, 05:26:53 PM »

So now the goal posts have been moved to demanding vaccines with 100% efficacy and zero side effects?

So now it seems Johnson and Johnson will be permanently pulled off the market. What is next? Pulling Pfizer and Moderna off the market as they aren't 100% efficacy??
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2021, 05:30:52 PM »

Fauci’s guidance, however, is also irresponsible, and I would expect more from him and the CDC.

If we want people to be vaccinated, we need to remove the recommended restrictions for vaccinated people.  The refusal to do so really does make it -appear- like public health officials have little confidence in the vaccines, despite all the evidence that they are stupendously effective.

He's playing it safe. He also knows the way many people in this country have been acting.

The CDC has already said it's fine for people that are vaccinated to congregate with others that are also vaccinated. I don't see the issue there. As for in public, everyone has to abide by the same regulations or the whole system breaks down. Wearing a mask and staying socially distant while at the grocery store is one of the easiest things you can do. If you're arguing for exemptions for those that are vaccinated, how exactly do you keep track of that? There's already a mass hysteria on the right over things like vaccine passports (because it's apparently necessary to keep a COVID vaccine top secret?).

I agree, it is very easy to do. Yet we've got folks in here practically saying "f*** the masks, I don't have to wear them anymore if I'm vaccinated".

Wearing a mask is generally only an inconvenience, but we still can't go to concerts or sporting events or pools or even many restaurants.  Why shouldn't these things be able to open up for vaccinated customers?

I'd love it if we could have businesses like swimming pools where you have to show your vaccination card to get in, with fraudulent vaccination cards being a felony.

Unfortunately, everyone who's too stupid to get a vaccination is going to be against that, and even some people who got the vaccine still want to go swimming with the unvaccinated and risk getting the virus (albeit a much lower risk).

So, we're just going to have to wait until all the anti-vaxx people reach herd immunity... that or they all die.

Hopefully this all serves to magnify the damage that scientific disinformation, championed by the anti-vaxx community, is doing to America.  And hopefully it spurs the passing of more punitive discriminatory laws against these imbeciles.

uhh we will be waiting for years. No thank you.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2021, 10:43:49 PM »

May I ask an honest question to the online left here ?

Almost everything is open in the United States. What is your end goal for the pandemic? At what point would you feel comfortable leaving your houses, at what point will you not shame people for leaving their houses? At what point will you be comfortable with kids in school?

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2021, 05:30:20 AM »

Pfizer #1 gave me several side effects. Major headache, dizziness etc. Which made me scared about Pfizer #2..

Pfizer #2 gave me zero side effects whatsoever and if anything I feel much better than I have in a very long time after being injected with Pfizer 2.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2021, 06:14:31 AM »

So looks like we'll almost certainly have a 7-day average of less than 50K tomorrow. How quickly will it take us to reach 40K? 30? 20?

Pretty quickly. Warmer and more humid weather will help, with a bell curve of course. When it is very very hot in the sun belt you may see some small increases in Arizona and Texas. But overall the levels should be around 20k a day in a month!

I am sure we will have a winter surge next winter but topping out around 70k cases in a day rather than 300ksomething like last winter.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2021, 05:31:01 PM »

Yea .. at this point.. you have had adequate chances to receive a vaccine.  If you refuse and get infected with the delta variant..

Oh well
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2021, 09:26:44 PM »

I hope there won’t be another lockdown, I recently got a job at my local movie theater and our business is picking back up.

No matter how bad any variant gets, there is literally no political will in the United States for another lockdown. Especially with midterm elections coming up.. and there is no way another stimulus gets passed.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2021, 08:46:37 PM »

I hate servers! I hate teachers! and all the other lazy people who are using covid as an excuse to not return to work!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2021, 12:41:04 PM »

I am very glad its an election year in Virginia. Highly unlikely a new mask mandate will occur. Let alone any closed businesses or schools.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2021, 12:04:49 PM »

I call on Biden to utilize the military and allow them the power to break into homes and force vaccinations
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2021, 04:00:39 PM »

No matter how bad it gets .. it will never even rival the winter we just experienced ever again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies