Minor Party and Independent General Election Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:59:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Minor Party and Independent General Election Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minor Party and Independent General Election Discussion  (Read 21014 times)
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« on: September 23, 2020, 12:22:05 PM »

The American Solidarity Party has found a niche that was long coming. With religious morals apparently absent from both parties, religious voters too opposed to being in a party without all members being cisgendered heterosexuals or not fascists with mortal idols.

That's an uncharitable characterization of them, as any. If the ASP was simply an ultra-reactionary theocratic social conservative party then they could simply vote for Constitution, or for any of the many many minor far-right parties that exist across America.
Yes it's very important to note the ASP is fairly left-wing economically.  I won't deny people of faith are dominant, but it's not your mainstream prosperity gospel type of Christian.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 10:33:07 AM »

It's pretty amusing to see Libertarians talking about how Jorgensen isn't showing up to this debate so as not to jeopardize her chance at a stage with Biden and Trump.  Like she has any shot at that.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 11:35:02 AM »

Before the (useless) second debate by F&E, can anyone in the know tell me about how the Libertarian, Alliance, and Solidarity Party are doing? Since we’ve already discussed the Greens, PSL, and Constitution to the comparative death—I feel like it’s important to discuss what the Libertarians and ASP are heading.

Have the Libertarians tamed their factional infighting after the primary? Exactly what has the Alliance Party campaigned themselves as? Is the ASP managing to attract a diverse voter base for this election? All these questions answered, and any more y’all want to spew, would be relevant before the election.
Ballot access-wise, the ASP has exploded.  I didn't pay attention to them last time around but they've managed to either get on the ballot or be certified write-ins with access to 286 electoral votes which puts them in fourth place.  That's got to count for something, but I guess we'll see in November if they've managed to convince voters outside the pool of committed volunteers.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 03:55:36 PM »

Maybe she should've gone to the Free and Equal debate instead of being delusional about getting onto the main stage.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 05:02:46 PM »

Democrats say they're pro-choice on abortion; Republicans say they're pro-choice in the markets. Fortunately, both sides can agree that they're anti-choice when it comes to political parties. Amazing how red avs who claim to oppose monopolies will so eagerly jump to defend the two biggest monopolies in this country.

I’m just laughing at a libertarian for taking herself so seriously.

You’re not exactly helping the case that libertarians aren’t worthy of ridicule.

And no one’s stopping anyone from voting libertarian, she’s on the ballot in all 50 states and anyone can vote for her if they choose. What would you suggest? Forcing people to vote for libertarians? Doesn’t sound very pro-choice or “libertarian” to me.
No one is stopping you from casting your ballot that way, but at least among people I know on social media, saying you are thinking of voting social media gets you hit with a lot of hate.  Sure there's a difference between that and actually keeping you off the ballot, but I think it's worth taking into account.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 04:59:12 PM »

Yeah as others have said, Pierce talks well, he just doesn't seem to have much actual policy and even if he's unlikely to actually become President, I'd like some of that.

I've heard that he's openly said this is a rehearsal for 2024, and I'm curious to know what his plan is regarding that.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 08:53:03 AM »

Interestingly, if you add the totals of the two Prohibition tickets in Arkansas they come in 4th place edging out Kanye and Hawkins.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies