The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:01:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 169760 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: September 28, 2018, 03:47:03 PM »

^kenya stop
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 05:38:18 PM »

Clearly Trump will do better in Utah than Mitt Romney did.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 01:31:43 AM »

Better question - why is Atlas so obsessed with a state that went R+44 in the last presidential election?

Because it needs to flip at all costs. It's worth it.

Reminder that people have argued with me before when I said Atlas had a WV fetish, lol.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 03:24:39 PM »

Politician has a hard time distinguishing between "post that is absurd and/or ignorant" vs. "post I disagree with." Or in this particular case "facts I dislike."
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 07:24:10 PM »

This race is still very much a Lean D race.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 05:56:16 AM »

So, Hillary announced that she'll campaign with him to give him a "boost" and he's already dropping in support ... Roll Eyes

In reference to a poll that went from Gillum +1 pre irrelevant Hillary Clinton news story to Gillum +2 post irrelevant Hillary Clinton news story.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 05:00:12 AM »

Okay, I honestly LOVE how Deplorable he is. Purple heart

He'd win at least 45 states in a Republican primary against any Atlas RINO and then get at least 45% of the vote in the general (and even more if his Democratic opponent farted in an elevator or something.)

Two polls showing Heitkamp down by double digits? Damn. Lean R?

Safe R actually. Heitkamp might not lose by double digits, but unless Cramer is caught touching kids over the next month she's DOA.

But Atlas told me Cramer was finished because of his "Akin comments." LOL.

This one's over, as is the battle for control of the Senate. The Democratic Party's utter incompetence and supreme ability to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory never ceases to amaze me. They just HAD to give the GOP a rallying cry with their stupid Kavanaugh posturing, didn't they?

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 04:35:26 AM »

It's one thing to assert that Heitkamp is DOA. It's another thing to assert that Democrats are somehow dooming themselves by opposing Kavanaugh and somehow it's leading to their downfall, of which you have no real proof.  You frankly look like a troll.

Heitkamp being DOA = The Senate is gone = Dems screwed themselves. Pretty simple.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but tens of millions of Americans vehemently disagree with the Democratic Party's Holy Crusade against the drunkard, and this includes a majority of the voting populace in deep red states that we were hoping to win.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 10:17:49 PM »

Lmao, the allegations are obviously made up by this manipulative psychologist. It won't work.

Posts you disagree with aren't for this thread.
I think I'm comfortable putting the claim that Fords "allegations" are definitely totally obviously made up in this well at this point. Hackery does belong here.

SJW 101: An opinion I disagree with or an opinion that offends me or my view of reality, even if it is viewed by a large amount of people, is automatically wrong and incorrect.

Am I putting people's quotes about how Kavanaugh is a bad choice in here? Just because I disagree with them? No! 
If I put things in here just because of disagreement, this thread would already be at 20 pages.

To be fair, if "hackery belonged here", then we'd probably need a new thread every week at minimum.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 03:18:51 AM »

It's one thing to assert that Heitkamp is DOA. It's another thing to assert that Democrats are somehow dooming themselves by opposing Kavanaugh and somehow it's leading to their downfall, of which you have no real proof.  You frankly look like a troll.

Heitkamp being DOA = The Senate is gone = Dems screwed themselves. Pretty simple.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but tens of millions of Americans vehemently disagree with the Democratic Party's Holy Crusade against the drunkard, and this includes a majority of the voting populace in deep red states that we were hoping to win.

She's probably been DOA since before Kavanaugh became an issue. Not sure how Dems screwed themselves unless you simply want to troll. And the fact that you see them making it a Holy Crusade says a lot about how you view accusations against sexual predators and their victims.

Also, if Manchin, Donnelly, and McCaskill win, then you're whole BS "Dems RUINED themselves" is gonna turn out to be a steaming pile of troll sh*t. Since Manchin and Donnelly are at least favored, I can assume that Heitkamp being down double digits is because of her being in North Dakota, and having been down for months anyways. If Donnelly and McCaskill both win, both of whom voted against Kavanaugh, then Dems clearly didn't screw themselves over which is a line you're obsessed with shoving down our throats. Manchin's vote looks to be irrelevant since he was probably gonna win anyways.

I think McCaskill and Donnelly will win actually (though I wouldn't be at all surprised if one or both lost.) North Dakota is not at all equivalent to Indiana or Missouri. The Republican margin there has been double what it is in those two in the last two presidential elections. And Manchin voted for Kavanaugh. I never stated that it would destroy the Democratic Party, LOL. You just made that up out of thin air. But the fact of the matter is that Dems cannot afford to lose any of their own seats if they want to take the Senate. So even if Kavanaugh caused a loss of a single seat, that's enough to screw them over in the Senate.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 07:48:56 PM »

1) There isn't much for Trump to attack on
2) She's black and a woman

Pick one.

Lol and when has Trump attacked people for their race or gender?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 10:29:01 PM »

Racism is not a serious problem, neither is homophobia.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 06:16:10 PM »

Will be forgotten about within a year.

Sure, but its more for the election in a couple weeks.

Kudos: this post legitimately made me laugh. Do you really think this meme will have any effect on the midterms either way? I'd be surprised if 90% of the Republican base even know what an NPC is with or without the context of it being a meme. Like 90% of all Online Political Content, it's just performative stuff: preaching to the already converted for the sake of maintaining a circlejerk.

Did the Pepe meme and others have an effect on getting Trump elected? Many people think so.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 06:35:20 PM »

Even if this turns not to be true, Booker should take the high road and resign.

There's just too much risk for Democrats on the slight chance that it is true.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2018, 04:52:32 PM »

Context: Trump's path of least resistance to 270

273-265

Iowa is not voting a second time for Donald Trump.  If he is losing Wisconsin, he probably loses Iowa.   

Because clearly a Clinton +5 state is more likely to vote for Trump than a Clinton +9 state. #analysis
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 05:18:02 PM »

I do not want Fuzzy Bear banned because he is a Republican. I have no issue with that.
I do want Fuzzy Bear banned because he is a Trump supporter. I fully admit that I want an echo chamber in this regard.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 04:33:11 PM »

The people propping up Bryce and that made him a meme mostly think like IceSpear.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 08:17:11 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2018, 01:49:07 AM by IceSpear »

It's not just the pandering. It's the fact that (and IceSpear, DTC, and I warned everyone of this for the whole cycle) he would get destroyed once the arrests and child support payments (or lack thereof) came out. But a ton of hacks on here insisted otherwise.

Anyone who would actually care about this type of non-issue is someone who was never going to be voting for a Democratic candidate for Congress ever anyways.

Child support is a fascist system, and refusing to vote for a candidate because they have been the victim of such a system is reprehensible.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 11:30:03 PM »

Republicans in California are like wild animals. You can find them now only in deserts, mountains, and forests.

What's wrong with that post? It's humorously accurate.
It's not anywhere close to being true. Even though we are outnumbered you can still find us in the suburbs.
Lol, the CAGOP just got brutally burbstomped in Orange County and you still seriously believe Republicans are strong there?
Learn how to read stupid. When I did stay strong. Also I didn't even say Orange County either. I wouldn't call losing close elections brutally burbstomed. Take CA-48, if Rohrabacher had retired CA-48 wouldn't have flipped. According to the OC precinct map there were quite a few Cox/Rouda precincts. That's a district most likely to flip back in 2020.
Rohrabacher wasn't an especially strong incumbent, but it's absurd to think that he was so weak that he ran 7 points below a generic Republican.

Clearly a Republican would've held an open Clinton seat in CA-48 when they held literally no other open Clinton seat in the entire country. In fact, there are only three Clinton districts left represented by Republicans, and there would be only one if Dems didn't flub their resource allocation in TX-23 and candidate recruitment in PA-01.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 11:22:56 PM »

The GOP can't survive the demographic changes. It's only a matter of time before they collapse completely.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 08:59:48 PM »

Do you think that a resurrected Adolf Hitler could win WV-03 if he had an (R) next to his name?

Yes, and it wouldn't be close. He'd probably do better than Carol Miller since resurrected Adolf Hitler wouldn't have a vagina.

Man, imagine if West Virginia ever elected a female Senator or something.

Her opponent was also a woman, so it's not like they had much choice.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2018, 09:00:25 PM »

If Lundergan Grimes runs again, McConnell easily could lose. He's never had to share a ballot with a President as unpopular as President Trump
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2018, 11:40:04 PM »

Yes.

I would probably be okay with rounding up registered Republicans at the time of abolishment and "disappearing" them, too.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2019, 05:08:23 PM »

^Gonna be funny to see the reactions of the "swing state Ohio" people when Trump effortlessly romps there again.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2019, 10:31:18 PM »

Just like the trends where Clinton won Pike County, Ohio in 2016 because Romney only won it by 1 vote while losing nationally by under 4, after McCain won it by substantially more while losing nationally by over 7.

Nope; Took a hard turn to the right; 66-30 Trump.

Yes, this is a 97% White county where les than 25% of people have college degrees. That proves my point precisely

No, it proves that trends from cycle A to cycle B and from cycle B to cycle C are nothing more than sets of random independent variables, if not slightly negatively correlated.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies