Was Randy Bryce the most embarassing pander of the election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:10:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Was Randy Bryce the most embarassing pander of the election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Was Randy Bryce the most embarassing pander of the election?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Was Randy Bryce the most embarassing pander of the election?  (Read 2058 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2018, 08:33:47 PM »

What I didn't get about the whole thing was how people thought a blue-collar populist type was the best bet for this particular district. It's like people just saw "Wisconsin" and thought "wow - he's the right guy for the job!". Are any of the WI CDs less blue-collar than WI-01?

the 5th?
the 1st has racine.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2018, 09:10:53 PM »

I wonder how the pundits would react to the idea that a progressive lesbian from Madison did much better than an ironworker in a Wisconsin district.

Probably ask whether the Democrats can ever win over good, red-blooded American ironworkers again.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2018, 09:56:39 PM »

What I didn't get about the whole thing was how people thought a blue-collar populist type was the best bet for this particular district. It's like people just saw "Wisconsin" and thought "wow - he's the right guy for the job!". Are any of the WI CDs less blue-collar than WI-01?

You're expecting people who think that one-dimensionally to actually know something about the district?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2018, 10:43:08 PM »

Bryce is a deadbeat who didn’t pay child support until he started his run for public office. He’s been to jail numerous times. He’s a disgrace to all hardworking Polish and Mexican-Americans.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2018, 10:55:41 PM »

the 5th?
the 1st has racine.

And Kenosha, and Janesville is not really upmarket. WI-01 is polarized on class lines but does include a lot of working class areas.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2018, 11:32:26 PM »

Child support is a fascist system, and refusing to vote for a candidate because they have been the victim of such a system is reprehensible.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2018, 11:37:29 PM »

Child support is a fascist system, and refusing to vote for a candidate because they have been the victim of such a system is reprehensible.

w h a t
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2018, 12:10:19 AM »

My dad didn’t pay back child support until I was nearly 19. How was he a victim of a political system akin to Germany or Italy in the 1930’s?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2018, 01:48:27 AM »

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2018, 06:59:37 AM »

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2018, 05:08:39 PM »

Obviously the term is a hazy one, but on the pre-2012 map the 5th clearly was. Under the present lines I'm not actually sure about that, though it probably is. Some of the confusion stems from the fact that the old 1st district (before 2002) was a basically working class one, but the district now extends deep into the Milwaukee suburbs (didn't used to at all) and has a very different social character.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies