Elon Musty changing Twitter branding and logo to "X" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:44:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Elon Musty changing Twitter branding and logo to "X" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Elon Musty changing Twitter branding and logo to "X"  (Read 12329 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« on: July 23, 2023, 12:32:59 PM »

Not sure if it is as bad of a rebrand as HBO, but it is still really bad. Max not only destroyed one of the most recognizable brands in home media & television but also ruins the platform's SEO.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 11:28:14 PM »

Would've been nice if our government hadn't propped this idiot up with a bunch of welfare over the years.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 09:12:45 PM »

Elon has announced that users will no longer have the ability to block other users. They will still be able to restrict dms.

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/elon-musk-x-twitter-block-feature-delete-1235699759/

I have mixed feelings about this. A lot of people block anyone who disagrees with them, creating their own hive minded safe space which is extremely unhealthy. But at the same time, some people have stalkers, crazy exes etc.

Yeah, that's a good point but the bigger reason everyone wants a block feature is because a lot of people don't want to see retarded sh-t on social media. People are forgetting that even on Twitter, most users are not going to the website to save the world or have a robust exchange of political ideas, or whatever delusional BS the politicos think happens on that site. Blocking allows users to ignore obnoxious posters that they don't like. It's an essential feature for a company like Twitter. 
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 04:13:16 PM »

Anyone who still uses Twitter or posts links to it on Atlas is a bad person.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 12:39:42 PM »

Twitter is not the town square. I'm so annoyed by people on either side saying that. It's an obnoxious, poorly designed website that is used exclusively by stupid people. It would be about as relevant as Tumblr if not for the fact that media pundits and politicians loved it so much and forced it down our throats. If it's such a great source of information then Twitter users would not be less informed on important issues than people who get their news from real sources. The idea that "all the world's news is on X" is absolutely delusional.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 12:50:18 PM »

Twitter is not the town square. I'm so annoyed by people on either side saying that. It's an obnoxious, poorly designed website that is used exclusively by stupid people.

Since you keep saying this, would you mind clarifying what you mean by using it.

There are varying degrees, of course, but I'd define "using it" as typing the url into your web browser (or opening the app) and reading the things that are posted there.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2023, 12:53:53 PM »

Twitter is not the town square. I'm so annoyed by people on either side saying that. It's an obnoxious, poorly designed website that is used exclusively by stupid people.

Since you keep saying this, would you mind clarifying what you mean by using it.

There are varying degrees, of course, but I'd define "using it" as typing the url into your web browser (or opening the app) and reading the things that are posted there.

In which years did only stupid people do that?

I first heard about Twitter back in 2011 but I think it's been around longer.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2023, 12:58:04 PM »

2007. Ok so you're saying anybody who ever typed in a twitter url ever was a stupid person?

That might be a bit extreme, but I think it's probably close.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2023, 01:06:00 PM »

Oh right. Totally see where you're coming from there. I'm just going to type in x urls from now on so I won't be stupid anymore.

Not a good joke. Twitter users also tend to think they're more clever than they actually are.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2023, 02:01:51 PM »

2007. Ok so you're saying anybody who ever typed in a twitter url ever was a stupid person?

That might be a bit extreme, but I think it's probably close.

Actually I have a question, how did you post this without using Twitter?

Lol

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=379281.msg7572786#msg7572786

I know, I'm not proud of it. At least I have the decency to have a low opinion of myself for being part of the problem. Although, in my defense I appear to be mocking the false prophet Nate Silver in that post. 
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2023, 02:10:19 PM »

I think a better conclusion is that one is not stupid for using Twitter, not that you are  stupid because you used it once.

No, I shouldn't get a free pass here. On 9/11 of 2020 I was overwhelmed by my desire to humiliate Nate Silver so I posted one of his tweets in order to illustrate how out of control he'd gotten. I should've known better. I'm older now, and while I haven't matured at all since then, I have reformed and no longer post tweets. I don't click on the website either. Even if I am following Arizona election results from that guy with the muppets avatar I use alternative websites to see his posts so as not to support the platform.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2023, 01:57:15 PM »

I wish that all these people who claim to hate Twitter would stop using Twitter. Imagine how much we would laugh at a group of geeks if they were writing op-eds about how LinkedIn ruined their lives and the new LinkedIn recommendations system was "destroying the public square," but with Twitter we just accept the notion that this is the most important platform in the history of the human race in spite of all the evidence that Twitter drama is completely unrepresentative of the real world. Even when it comes to political disinformation I can't imagine that Twitter is worse than Facebook or Tik Tok. Why are we accepting the framing of these smart-phone addicted "journalists" (LOL!) on this issue?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2023, 02:59:12 PM »

X illegally fired worker who opposed Musk's return-to-office order: NLRB
What they're saying: "The complaint alleges that a high-ranking official at Twitter/X told staff 'If you can physically make it to an office and you don't show up, resignation accepted,'" according to an NLRB spokesperson in a statement to Axios.

In response, the NLRB says an employee tweeted and posted in a Slack channel urging colleagues not to resign in order to prompt Twitter/X to fire them instead.

According to Bloomberg, the tweet read: "Don't resign, let him fire you. You gain literally nothing out of a resignation."

The complaint alleges that X "unlawfully discharged the employee for exercising their right to protected concerted activity under the National Labor Relations Act," per the NLRB.

All return-to-office plans are scams. It's about control, not productivity.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2023, 09:41:48 PM »

If you're dumb enough to spend money on Twitter then you deserve to be separated from your one dollar.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2023, 08:20:10 PM »

People who call the website "X" instead of Twitter are 1500% more likely to have ED.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2023, 12:50:25 PM »

Attempts to make platforms or products an "everything" service tend to fail. Microsoft did years worth of damage to their brand when they tried to pitch the Xbox One as basically a DVR cable box rather than a game console. No one wants to manage their bank accounts on their social media platform. In fact, most people don't even want to mix family social media with public social media posting, let alone private communication. Who wants to video call their family over Twitter? Or use Twitter to replace text messages? It's a joke, and he's so out of touch.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2023, 11:31:44 PM »

Alex Jones, Elon Musk, Andrew Tate and Vivek Ramaswamy are currently hosting a Twitter space call right now discussing politics. It shows you how strong the alternative-Libertarian movement has become.

It actually shows how weak it is. A hated billionaire (whose reputation is getting worse by the day) is chatting with a completely irrelevant wash-up, a soon-to-be-imprisoned sex offender, and a Republican polling in the single digits in his primary. People like this are ensuring that whatever their political movement is will never be electable in the United States.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies