Atlasia v. Giovanni (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:23:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. Giovanni (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Atlasia v. Giovanni  (Read 14795 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: December 16, 2009, 04:29:35 PM »

I'll be presiding over this matter. Giovanni, first thing's first, do you have counsel, or do you wish to represent yourself?

After that matter has been decided, will you request a jury or will you waive that right? By waiving that right, the end decision will be left up to me and we can begin immediately after you decide on representation.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 05:07:12 PM »

A great choice for counsel, of course Wink

Please take your time and get back to the questions when you're ready.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 06:35:13 PM »

I suppose I should select a jury then. Giovanni is a Mideast citizen, correct? I'll get on that.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 06:55:58 PM »

Alright, here are six members I've randomly selected to be the jury in accordance with the Mideastern jury selection law. I'll be PMing them momentarily.

Afleitch, Badger, Frodo, Officepark, Peter, Tmthforu94
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »

Alright, here are six members I've randomly selected to be the jury in accordance with the Mideastern jury selection law. I'll be PMing them momentarily.

Afleitch, Badger, Frodo, Officepark, Peter, Tmthforu94

The PMs have been sent. Further, it should be noted that I have decided that it shall take at least a simple majority, 4 votes from the jury, to convict.

And now we wait for the Jurors to swear in.

I will confirm that I am willing to serve

I, Afleitch affirm that I will well and truly try the matter in issue between the parties, and give a true verdict according to the law and evidence, so help me Dave.

My you were fast. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 08:33:41 PM »

I only want to inform the court that I will be calling a witness during the trial. Al will testify for my client's case.

So noted. I also want it known that if Frodo has not sworn in by tomorrow afternoon I'll replace him with another, more active, citizen so we can get started soon.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 09:22:47 PM »

Is there anything else for me to do, or am I square?

Just coordinate with your counsel, once the trial starts. I don't think you'll be directly involved yourself in any way. Speak through Franzl when I ask questions and so forth.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 10:08:01 PM »

We should still go ahead, I'm afraid.

I'm hereby dismissing Frodo as a juror on the grounds of inactivity and have selected a replacement: Purple State. I have sent him a PM to report to the courtroom and swear in as soon as he is able, and the trial can begin.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 11:03:50 PM »

Thank your jurors. All six have sworn in and the trial officially begins now. Franzl has stated that Giovanni has pled not guilty.

Therefore, I call upon the prosecution to present their case. (PMing Bgwah now.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 11:39:14 PM »

Considering that the defense as witnesses, do you, Bgwah, have witnesses of your own you'd like to call before I turn to the defense?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 11:56:15 PM »

Very well. I don't know of any set procedure for calling witnesses, etc, so I'll just ask that Inks repeat the following:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 12:09:14 AM »

Excellent. The court recognizes Inks.LWC as a witness for the prosecution. Please explain your relation to the case as well as any statement you may have, if I have any questions I reserve the right ask them at any given point, and then I'll turn you over to the prosecution.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 12:17:18 AM »

Excellent. The court recognizes Inks.LWC as a witness for the prosecution. Please explain your relation to the case as well as any statement you may have, if I have any questions I reserve the right ask them at any given point, and then I'll turn you over to the prosecution.

May the jury ask questions?

We're sort of setting precedent here with rules witness questioning and so on, and I'd prefer to maintain the impartiality of the jury and avoid the possibility of any members of the jury arguing with witnesses.

However, it's entirely possible that members of the jury may have legitimate questions, therefore, if you or any other members of the jury have questions please PM them to me and I shall ask them at my discretion.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 12:40:29 AM »

Question, Governor:

Do you believe he was hiding his identity by not responding to you?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 01:05:40 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2009, 01:14:46 AM by A.J. Marokai Blue »

Thank you.

Your witness, Bgwah. (I continue to reserve the right to interject at any time, and if you have no questions, please simply say so and I will turn the witness over to questioning by the defense.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 01:51:38 AM »

Inks is now the defense's witness. After Franzl has asked his questions (or has announced he has no questions) and Inks is released as a witness, Franzl may formally present his case and witness(es).
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 03:54:43 AM »

Thank you for your time, Inks. You're free to go.

Defense, please present your case and lay out any witnesses you may wish to call.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 04:41:51 AM »

Your Honor, I would like to call Al as my first witness at this time.

Very well. Al is recognized as the first witness from the defense.

Al, when you see this, please repeat the following oath:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 04:12:31 PM »

Don't call that pest "your honor." Honor is lacking in his character.

I'm willing to overlook your earlier comment, but this is completely out of line. If you don't knock it off in my courtroom you will be severely punished.

I, Al Widdershins, swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Dave.

Thank you. The court recognizes Al Widdershins on the stand as a witness for the defense. Please explain your relation to the case, and any statement(s) you may have.

Afterward, Franzl of permitted to ask you questions that he wishes, and I reserve the right to interject at any time with questions of my own. When Franzl is done asking questions, I will hand you over to the prosecution if they have any questions.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 09:31:07 PM »

Bump for mister Al.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 10:08:42 PM »

Do you believe that because of the effort to merge the two accounts together, the defendant was being sincere in his claim that he meant no harm?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 08:50:48 PM »

I apologize to everyone that I've disappeared for awhile. There's been major personal drama here at home and I was nearly shot at one point Tongue

Anyway, in an effort to speed this process along, I must apologize further to Purple State that I don't want to spend another day on the matter and I'll have to dismiss his question. I'll re-word it and ask Giovanni for him if he likes, but until then...

I thank Al for his time and the court dismisses him as a witness. Franzl may put forward his next witness.

Thanks for your patience everyone.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 05:26:24 PM »

It's understandable that you wanted to speed the process along, and that's okay considering I've been unable to fully dedicate myself to this case in the last few days due to some family issues. Let's try not to make taking the initiative in the courtroom a regular thing though. Tongue

Giovanni, I now hand you over to the prosecution for questioning. Go crazy, Bgwah.

Although; I do have a question of my own. If you were genuine in trying to get your account back and that you meant no harm, why didn't you just create another account and contact someone to get it back, instead of waiting until you were discovered with a different personality?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 05:35:39 PM »

Marokai, can a member of the jury tap in, or will we be beaten if we talk?

Members of the jury can ask questions by privately giving them to me to preserve the jury's unbiased image. I don't want members of the jury directly interacting with the witnesses, especially since the witness right now is the defendant.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2009, 05:46:37 PM »

Question for Giovanni from the jury: (The source of this one isn't hard to guess, but hopefully future ones will be Tongue)

Giovanni, if you all you have said is true, and you were having problems with your original account, why didn't you just e-mail Dave your problem and see if he could fix it? And then, why would you create a new account on Atlasia when you knew that it was against the rules to have two accounts on here?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies