Comedy Goldmine XI: The Atlas Forum Demilitarized Zone
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 06:22:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine XI: The Atlas Forum Demilitarized Zone
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 71
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine XI: The Atlas Forum Demilitarized Zone  (Read 193723 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: October 19, 2009, 10:32:44 AM »
« edited: October 19, 2009, 10:43:34 AM by sbane »

If it makes Rowan feel worse, I would also totally abolish gender roles for my children. Giving boys dolls to play with, giving them the choice of male or female clothes to wear, among other things. Generally teaching them that they shouldn't believe in gender roles and do whatever they like, even if such a thing is traditionally an "opposite sex thing." Tongue

WTF. What's wrong with boys being boys and girls being girls? I am especially concerned about how you will dress them. When they become old enough, say 8 years old, you can give them a choice. But before that you should dress them how society expects or you will cause them unintended damage. Now I don't find anything wrong with giving boys dolls to play with, but don't be surprised if he doesn't act the same with the doll as he would with a GI Joe lol. And if you give a boy a choice between a doll and an action figure, guess what he is going to choose?

I probably would have chosen the doll (actually no, I did), but then again, I was a strange child.

Anyway, 8 years old, "choice"... all that shows the limits of liberalism really. I don't see how one can damage child by giving it dolls instead of toy soldiers.

I didn't say you damage someone by giving them the "wrong" toys. The sh**t a little child would receive for being dressed as a member of the opposite gender is what could harm them, especially when it wasn't their choice to dress that way.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1476 on: October 19, 2009, 12:23:29 PM »

YOU GUYS AREN'T MINING THE COMEDY MINES, JUST FILLING THEM WITH BORING ARGUMENTS Angry
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1477 on: October 19, 2009, 12:44:10 PM »

If it makes Rowan feel worse, I would also totally abolish gender roles for my children. Giving boys dolls to play with, giving them the choice of male or female clothes to wear, among other things. Generally teaching them that they shouldn't believe in gender roles and do whatever they like, even if such a thing is traditionally an "opposite sex thing." Tongue

WTF. What's wrong with boys being boys and girls being girls? I am especially concerned about how you will dress them. When they become old enough, say 8 years old, you can give them a choice. But before that you should dress them how society expects or you will cause them unintended damage. Now I don't find anything wrong with giving boys dolls to play with, but don't be surprised if he doesn't act the same with the doll as he would with a GI Joe lol. And if you give a boy a choice between a doll and an action figure, guess what he is going to choose?

I probably would have chosen the doll (actually no, I did), but then again, I was a strange child.

Anyway, 8 years old, "choice"... all that shows the limits of liberalism really. I don't see how one can damage child by giving it dolls instead of toy soldiers.

I didn't say you damage someone by giving them the "wrong" toys. The sh**t a little child would receive for being dressed as a member of the opposite gender is what could harm them, especially when it wasn't their choice to dress that way.

Yes. But that's mostly due to the bullying he would receive - not the type and shape of the fabric he wares. Which all goes down to perception as anyone who knows anything about the traditional clothing habits of Polynesian males would know. There is nothing intrinisic "male" nor intrinistically "female" about anything everywhere until we make it so.

Normal service can resume. Sorry Lief.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1478 on: October 19, 2009, 12:49:27 PM »

YOU GUYS AREN'T MINING THE COMEDY MINES, JUST FILLING THEM WITH BORING ARGUMENTS Angry
Yeah, Og forbid someone hijack a thread as important as this.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1479 on: October 19, 2009, 01:10:44 PM »

Yes. But that's mostly due to the bullying he would receive - not the type and shape of the fabric he wares. Which all goes down to perception as anyone who knows anything about the traditional clothing habits of Polynesian males would know. There is nothing intrinisic "male" nor intrinistically "female" about anything everywhere until we make it so.

Indeed. Still isn't fair to the child to receive bullying for something their parent decides. If it was their decision then I'm fine with it.

And sorry Lief. Sad
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1480 on: October 19, 2009, 05:05:59 PM »

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1481 on: October 20, 2009, 07:00:45 AM »

Indeed. Still isn't fair to the child to receive bullying for something their parent decides. If it was their decision then I'm fine with it.

And sorry Lief. Sad

But that's the problem... by the time they are the age to be able to choose they have already been in socialized in a way that is likely to make stick to the safe, conservative options.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1482 on: October 20, 2009, 09:43:03 AM »

Alright, back to comedy:

From the infamous "You have Two Cows" thread:

Atlasianism: You have two cows.  You run for the Senate on a platform advocating cow ownership.  You register your two cows in your region so they will vote for you.  You make a secret backroom deal with an opposing party, promising the second preference votes of your cows.  The deal is exposed, and your credibility is forever lost.  Your two cows vote for you, and are never seen in Atlasia again.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1483 on: October 20, 2009, 09:54:09 AM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1484 on: October 20, 2009, 10:00:48 AM »

2 from Joe in a row?

You've made 156 posts in the last 24 hours.

Get a life, for fuck's sake.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1485 on: October 20, 2009, 10:41:25 AM »

Why exactly are Gully and Marokai talking about the fact that young boys aren't likely to wear dresses to school because of socialization like it's some type of tragic thing? Do you guys ever wear dresses? This reminds me of Gully's typical whining about nonsense which is usually based off incorrect information anyway (see his rant about the term "Hispanic")
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1486 on: October 20, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »

Click quotes for context

Sorry guys, but I don't smell change in the air, in fact the only thing I smell is bullshit.

I happen to be smelling it too, but that's possibly because I'm living next door to a farm right now...
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« Reply #1487 on: October 20, 2009, 05:23:42 PM »

I wonder if this is worthy of entry...  Tongue

In Oklahoma, $7,660 buy you nine cars, a mansion, and a mulatto boy named Kianga.
No fool!
$7,660 buys you nine full sized trucks, a friggin island, and 7 sex slaves in Oklahoma!
Get it right.

I didn't know it was legal to have sex in Oklahoma.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1488 on: October 20, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »

The blacks from the ghetto aren't even going to bother showing up, therefore making the blacks that do show up more conservative.

[not gonna respond to any attempts to debate]
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1489 on: October 20, 2009, 07:53:08 PM »

The previous two posts = Purple heart
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1490 on: October 20, 2009, 08:01:42 PM »

I thought those blacks were anti-gun control too

/runs away
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1491 on: October 20, 2009, 09:58:11 PM »

Hooray for Wondershowzen!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1492 on: October 20, 2009, 11:41:37 PM »

made by a poster with this as his avatar:

You've intrigued me ever since I came to this place.  There's just something about you.  Your username.  Your actual name-it's quite sexy.  The way the state of NJ is shaped on your sidebar and the beautiful blue that shines from it. 
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1493 on: October 20, 2009, 11:43:58 PM »

Also from the same post:

You're acting like you have your penis stuck in your vagina.  Pull the penis out of the vagina.  Relieve the pressure on the penis and vagina so that there is less pressure in all and you can talk to us like a civilized adult.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #1494 on: October 21, 2009, 12:42:49 AM »

This poll is such bullshit, I don't even know where to begin.

Complain all you want 9th grader.  McDonnell has this wrapped up and is probably going to win by more than 10% BUT let's be conservative and say more than 8%.

Hmm that's a funny word.  Conservative.  Looks like Virginia just got a whole lot more Conservative
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1495 on: October 21, 2009, 01:30:42 AM »

If you say "pop" around here, everyone's gonna think you're queer.  Even the gays.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #1496 on: October 21, 2009, 02:07:43 AM »

ROWAN BRANDON-Enough of your deception.  The people want real answers!  You're acting like you have your penis stuck in your vagina.  Pull the penis out of the vagina.  Relieve the pressure on the penis and vagina so that there is less pressure in all and you can talk to us like a civilized adult.

I wrote this post in the way a civilized adult would write it.  Let's hope that you can do the same.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1497 on: October 21, 2009, 05:38:21 AM »

If you say "pop" around here, everyone's gonna think you're queer.  Even the gays.

If you say soda here... We'll throw you into the Mon... That's not pleasant, trust me. I once saw a used tampon floating in it.

I'm less concerned about the used tampons than the 150 years worth of industrial waste.

Honestly... The Mon is foul...

I've seen people swim in it.  I wonder if they are still alive.

I shudder to think....

Also, when you consider that half the Mon Valley communities still don't have sewage treatment plants....
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1498 on: October 21, 2009, 06:25:05 AM »

Of course, the problem for you may be in the word "read".
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1499 on: October 21, 2009, 06:52:37 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies