Update Season VII: "The OK Corral" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:53:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 173302 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 14, 2013, 01:34:11 AM »

The main thing I'm learning from all this is that Bushie is a pastor somehow.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 02:59:38 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2013, 03:09:34 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

For God's sake, Bushie. Would you like some of my family's recipes? They really don't take that long to make. Think proper noodles and pasta, fish, salads, soups, and yogurts, usually prepared according to Italian or Irish culinary principles. Also I'm trying to eat better snack food myself--I do quite well at actual meals, but I graze a lot and would like to continue doing so because of how my daily routine works--so I can give you advice on that, too, if you want it. It's not like we're asking you to subsist on hardtack and pemmican.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 05:10:08 PM »

Scott and Nathan,

I know I have a problem and I know the ice cream wasn't the best choice for dinner.  The idea was to have as few calories as possible since I was almost out of calories for the day, I just had the wrong "low-calorie" item.  There's nothing I can do about the ice cream last night, but what I can do now is focus on trying to eat a little healthier going forward.  No one is telling me I have to change everything right now.  Rather, they are saying I need to change maybe one or two things at a time.

I appreciate the offer on family recipes, Nathan, but we know what to fix.

I know you know what to fix, but I'm not convinced you know how to fix it, and if you do you haven't so far exhibited the wherewithal to do so. I think knowing how to make food that's still decently rich and has some carbs but isn't a fatty mess is important at this point.

Ice cream was, in point of fact, possibly the worst choice for dinner. The sloppy joes would have been preferable as long as you didn't eat four of them again.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 02:15:16 AM »

I'm willing to bet that I walked more today than Bushie did, and I didn't actually leave my house today except to take some laundry in from the back yard.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 02:48:35 AM »

I don't think I actually know anybody who eats as bad as Bushie does, and I'm in college.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 05:58:37 PM »

I had a really good pool party.  Grilled pork chops, grilled hot dogs, and primarily grape kool aid.  I swam a whole, played volleyball for 30 minutes.  Got some decent exercise.

Are you still on your diet?

Another question that I've been wondering for a while: Do you have any siblings? If so, how are they doing?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 11:23:56 PM »

On further consideration, 'on' in that sentence really should have been in scare quotes, as should 'diet'.

I had a really good pool party.  Grilled pork chops, grilled hot dogs, and primarily grape kool aid.  I swam a whole, played volleyball for 30 minutes.  Got some decent exercise.

Are you still on your diet?

Another question that I've been wondering for a while: Do you have any siblings? If so, how are they doing?

Bushies one brother is a 20+ year Navy man with a family. I can't fathom how they're related.

Wow.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 01:20:38 AM »

How long is 'a while'?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 12:30:36 AM »

Changing the subject just a little bit.  But, there is one subject I haven't brought up in a while, but I'm going to now.  CHRISTMAS.  One month from yesterday, Friday, July 5, 2013, I will be breaking out the Christmas Music for my 32nd Christmas. Smiley  Yes, indeed, after I get back from Kenya and after the 4th of July has come and gone, I will be turning my holiday attention to Christmas 2013!

Bushie, I really, really love the beautiful and meaningful traditional Christmases that my family and I have, and I spend a lot of time thinking about and preparing for them as each passing year wears to an end, but that's almost half the calendar away.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 01:28:56 AM »

Changing the subject just a little bit.  But, there is one subject I haven't brought up in a while, but I'm going to now.  CHRISTMAS.  One month from yesterday, Friday, July 5, 2013, I will be breaking out the Christmas Music for my 32nd Christmas. Smiley  Yes, indeed, after I get back from Kenya and after the 4th of July has come and gone, I will be turning my holiday attention to Christmas 2013!

Bushie, I really, really love the beautiful and meaningful traditional Christmases that my family and I have, and I spend a lot of time thinking about and preparing for them as each passing year wears to an end, but that's almost half the calendar away.

I don't care what the calendar says.  I can listen to Christmas music year round.  In fact, one of the first full albums that I downloaded on my iTunes on my iPhone was Cristy Lane's Christmas Classics.  I listen to that occasionally.  It soothes me and helps me relax.  I'm already checking out Hobby Lobby for their Christmas decorations, and yes I am counting down not just the days, but the hours, as well.

Okay, I'll play along. What are some of your favorite carols?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 07:43:08 AM »

Changing the subject just a little bit.  But, there is one subject I haven't brought up in a while, but I'm going to now.  CHRISTMAS.  One month from yesterday, Friday, July 5, 2013, I will be breaking out the Christmas Music for my 32nd Christmas. Smiley  Yes, indeed, after I get back from Kenya and after the 4th of July has come and gone, I will be turning my holiday attention to Christmas 2013!

I don't care what the calendar says.  I can listen to Christmas music year round.  In fact, one of the first full albums that I downloaded on my iTunes on my iPhone was Cristy Lane's Christmas Classics.  I listen to that occasionally.  It soothes me and helps me relax.  I'm already checking out Hobby Lobby for their Christmas decorations, and yes I am counting down not just the days, but the hours, as well.

Okay, I'll play along. What are some of your favorite carols?

I think you may have just opened Pandora's Box.

Probably, but I'm genuinely curious about what exact variants of dodgy Americana Christmas music Bushie prefers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies