Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:19:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1 (search mode)
Thread note

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1  (Read 209578 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« on: November 07, 2018, 09:03:23 AM »

If you had told me that Cindy Axne and Abby Finkenauer both won while Loebsack crushed it I wouldn't have predicted a Reynolds win

Agreed. I still have a hard time believing it wasn't closer.

LOL, 55 seats for the Republicans.

That is ing embarrassing for the Democrats.

Literally embarrassing.

55 is a worst case scenario. Montana is probably going D, and Arizona and Florida aren't over yet.

As I said to Zaybay.... read. Tester lost.

I’ve heard all night in all these different races “BUT LOOK WHERE THE OUTSTANDING VOTES ARE FROM!!!!” - rip the bandaid off. It’s over

Where are you seeing that? The NYT results page only has 83% of MT in, and it's really close.

CNN has 95% in, with Rosendale up by 0.5 points.  It is too early to call it an R victory, but it is heading in that direction. 

It won't be a R victory, lol. All of the outstanding vote is in pretty blue counties.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 09:01:35 PM »

I think McSally may be aiming for an appointment.

That would make for some nice ads in 2020: "The voters rejected her once, but was picked by the political elite to fill another seat anyway. Who is she really representing?!"

Meh. I mean, who else does the AZGOP really have? Gosar? lol. Schweikert? lol. Lesko? Maybe, but her big underperformance in the special (and then the general to a lesser extent) doesn't exactly inspire confidence. McSally is still probably the best candidate in the lot.

Speaking of Gosar... anyone else love how he got savaged by that ad yet still way overperformed Martha Mcsally? There were a ton of Sinema-Gosar ads who saw that ad and were like "Yup! Still sticking w/ Gosar!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies