Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:41:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1
« previous next »
Thread note

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 179
Author Topic: Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1  (Read 204237 times)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2275 on: November 07, 2018, 08:47:06 AM »

If you had told me that Cindy Axne and Abby Finkenauer both won while Loebsack crushed it I wouldn't have predicted a Reynolds win

Agreed. I still have a hard time believing it wasn't closer.

LOL, 55 seats for the Republicans.

That is ing embarrassing for the Democrats.

Literally embarrassing.

55 is a worst case scenario. Montana is probably going D, and Arizona and Florida aren't over yet.

As I said to Zaybay.... read. Tester lost.

I’ve heard all night in all these different races “BUT LOOK WHERE THE OUTSTANDING VOTES ARE FROM!!!!” - rip the bandaid off. It’s over

Where are you seeing that? The NYT results page only has 83% of MT in, and it's really close.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2276 on: November 07, 2018, 08:50:18 AM »

Literally embarrassing.

55 is a worst case scenario. Montana is probably going D, and Arizona and Florida aren't over yet.

I’ve heard all night in all these different races “BUT LOOK WHERE THE OUTSTANDING VOTES ARE FROM!!!!” - rip the bandaid off. It’s over

But that's how you're supposed to determine who is likely to win when there are uncounted votes out there.

I'm not saying Tester is going to win - the New York Times model is.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2277 on: November 07, 2018, 08:51:32 AM »

If you had told me that Cindy Axne and Abby Finkenauer both won while Loebsack crushed it I wouldn't have predicted a Reynolds win

Literally embarrassing.

Where are you seeing that? The NYT results page only has 83% of MT in, and it's really close.

He's not seeing it. He's spreading fake news to support his narrative of Democratic haplessness.
BundouYMB

« Reply #2278 on: November 07, 2018, 08:52:33 AM »

Literally embarrassing.

Are you illiterate? 18% of the vote is out and almost all of it is Missoula. You already made yourself look like a clown with your moronic House prediction, so just shut up before you embarrass yourself any further.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2279 on: November 07, 2018, 08:53:39 AM »

The house isn’t a big enough majority to feel like it can be held for any longer than 2 years.

Losing Florida and Ohio Governors really hurts.

The Senate is gone for a long time.

I’m trying not tone negative but feels like a gut punch.

Worst of all I’m starting to accept that my country is supportive of the Trump way...
which makes me absolutely sick to my stomach to think about

I'm going to disagree.  I think it is a matter of fairness.

Menendez, for example, was savaged; he won.   I would have voted for him because of how he was treated.

We saw an attempt in the Senate to get Kavanaugh; 4-5 of the people that went along with that are not there anymore.   

The efforts to demonize Trump are really counterproductive.   

Case in point, the claims of antisemitism against Trump.  He attacks Soros, who contributes a lot of money nationally and internationally to liberal causes (and some that conservatives favor, like Solidarity) and liberal's claim he's antisemitic.  Liberals claim that Trump is responsible for increased hate crimes, yet the statistics show that the increase stated under Obama (and don't seem to have a correlation to him being president either). 

The conservatives say to an opponent they disagree with, "You're  wrong."   Liberals say to an opponent they disagree with,"You're evil."  It gets bad when the data doesn't even support the liberals.

The American people don't like that.  You can about Trump's tone, but I'm seeing much more of that on the left.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2280 on: November 07, 2018, 08:54:07 AM »

So the final number is probably 54, but could theoretically fall as low as 51, depending on how Arizona, Florida, and the Mississippi runoff go.

And maybe the most likely is actually 53. Not sure what to believe on Arizona.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2281 on: November 07, 2018, 08:55:36 AM »

the conservatives say to an opponent they disagree with, "You're  wrong."   Liberals say to an opponent they disagree with,"You're evil."  It gets bad when the data doesn't even support the liberals.

The American people don't like that.  You can about Trump's tone, but I'm seeing much more of that on the left.

Its delusional even for you to say that Republicans dont call Democrats evil. Have you never heard of the Religious Right?
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #2282 on: November 07, 2018, 08:56:18 AM »

When will we get a call in AZ and MT?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2283 on: November 07, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »

Literally embarrassing.

CNN has 95% in, with Rosendale up by 0.5 points.  It is too early to call it an R victory, but it is heading in that direction. 

Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2284 on: November 07, 2018, 08:58:40 AM »

When will we get a call in AZ and MT?

Not before Thursday or Friday at the earliest in Arizona because of all of the uncounted absentees, and that one could still go either way. Montana could conceivably be called today once they start counting again, but it will probably be called for Tester, not Rosendale.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2285 on: November 07, 2018, 09:02:17 AM »

I actually think that Arizona could be called soon enough. RCP says that 98 % of the vote in Arizona are reported and McSally is ahead by 1.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/live_results/2018/state/az/senate/
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2286 on: November 07, 2018, 09:02:51 AM »

Literally embarrassing.

CNN has 95% in, with Rosendale up by 0.5 points.  It is too early to call it an R victory, but it is heading in that direction. 

I guess I’m “embarrassing myself” by stating the obvious.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2287 on: November 07, 2018, 09:03:23 AM »

Literally embarrassing.

It won't be a R victory, lol. All of the outstanding vote is in pretty blue counties.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2288 on: November 07, 2018, 09:04:58 AM »

the conservatives say to an opponent they disagree with, "You're  wrong."   Liberals say to an opponent they disagree with,"You're evil."  It gets bad when the data doesn't even support the liberals.

Its delusional even for you to say that Republicans dont call Democrats evil. Have you never heard of the Religious Right?

Even they do not do it at the same level.  Further, they call actions evil, i.e. abortion is evil, but the people that have them are not evil.  Except for the absolute extremist, the Fred Phelps types, you don't have that.

It is easy to say "Trump is wrong about Soros backing the caravan." Instead, we have, "Trump is trying to stoke antisemitism by saying Soros is backing the caravan."
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2289 on: November 07, 2018, 09:06:14 AM »

Literally embarrassing.

CNN has 95% in, with Rosendale up by 0.5 points.  It is too early to call it an R victory, but it is heading in that direction.  

Bear in mind that Missoula is still stuck at 73 percent reporting -- but you are correct, it's too early to outright call it.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #2290 on: November 07, 2018, 09:08:14 AM »

Even they do not do it at the same level.  Further, they call actions evil, i.e. abortion is evil, but the people that have them are not evil.  Except for the absolute extremist, the Fred Phelps types, you don't have that.

It is easy to say "Trump is wrong about Soros backing the caravan." Instead, we have, "Trump is trying to stoke antisemitism by saying Soros is backing the caravan."

And to be fair, the Westboro Baptist Church is like it's own political party: they hate EVERYBODY.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2291 on: November 07, 2018, 09:08:56 AM »

Literally embarrassing.

It won't be a R victory, lol. All of the outstanding vote is in pretty blue counties.

Quoted for truth. 
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2292 on: November 07, 2018, 09:09:09 AM »

You've gotta be kidding me....you must live in a bubble.    Ever see quotes like this?
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #2293 on: November 07, 2018, 09:13:55 AM »

the conservatives say to an opponent they disagree with, "You're  wrong."   Liberals say to an opponent they disagree with,"You're evil."  It gets bad when the data doesn't even support the liberals.

The American people don't like that.  You can about Trump's tone, but I'm seeing much more of that on the left.

Even they do not do it at the same level.  Further, they call actions evil, i.e. abortion is evil, but the people that have them are not evil.  Except for the absolute extremist, the Fred Phelps types, you don't have that.

You've gotta be kidding me....you must live in a bubble.    Ever see quotes like this?
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah this whole "our side would never DREAM of being uncivil! We just want to respectfully talk and discuss ike gentlemen" is ridiculous.  
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2294 on: November 07, 2018, 09:15:59 AM »

Something to remember: outside of the Atlas/punditsphere, a majority of Americans were expecting Republicans to hold both the House and the Senate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2295 on: November 07, 2018, 09:16:25 AM »

As I said back in June when Sanford lost the primary in SC-1, I'm not surprised the Democrats picked up the seat. The overall demographics here do not support that the Republicans are radically right winged, and many people I came across in my professional and personal life all said if Sanford had won, they'd have voted for him, but not Arrington. She won because GOP turnout in the primary was poor and only the radical base showed up.

If the GOP runs a competent candidate in 2020, I doubt Cunningham holds the seat, but I'm glad our district did the right thing and put Cunningham in Washington.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2296 on: November 07, 2018, 09:17:38 AM »

As I said back in June when Sanford lost the primary in SC-1, I'm not surprised the Democrats picked up the seat. The overall demographics here do not support that the Republicans are radically right winged, and many people I came across in my professional and personal life all said if Sanford had won, they'd have voted for him, but not Arrington. She won because GOP turnout in the primary was poor and only the radical base showed up.

If the GOP runs a competent candidate in 2020, I doubt Cunningham holds the seat, but I'm glad our district did the right thing and put Cunningham in Washington.
Isn't the Charleston area trending D?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #2297 on: November 07, 2018, 09:18:26 AM »

Something to remember: outside of the Atlas/punditsphere, a majority of Americans were expecting Republicans to hold both the House and the Senate.

Huh, I didn't notice that pre-election.  Do you have a source on this? (Genuine asking)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2298 on: November 07, 2018, 09:21:36 AM »

Ne ego si iterum eodem modo uicero, sine ullo milite Epirum reuertar.

If that were the case, Trump would be gloating about it on Twitter right now. Of course, he is gloating, but his heart isn't in it.

Whoever said I was thinking only of the Democrats? Tongue
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2299 on: November 07, 2018, 09:23:28 AM »

Huh, I didn't notice that pre-election.  Do you have a source on this? (Genuine asking)

I do, but I'm on my phone right now, and I saw it a couple of weeks ago, so i don't have a quick link to post. I'll post it when I do.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 179  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies