Trump mocks John and Debbie Dingell at Michigan rally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:29:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump mocks John and Debbie Dingell at Michigan rally
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Trump mocks John and Debbie Dingell at Michigan rally  (Read 5885 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2019, 09:25:48 PM »

We all know the kind of person your really are, so no one here is surprised.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2019, 09:32:05 PM »

I really hope that some of his supporters were offended and shocked by this "joke," given it's less raucous reception than most of his stream-of-consciousness drivel. Even if this doesn't make them stop supporting Trump, I want to believe that they still have some kernel of humanity in there where Trump can still cross some lines for them.

At this point, just give me something!

It's a nice thought, but if after 3 years of trump bs they are still attending his rallies in support of him, then they are a lost cause.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2019, 11:27:34 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2019, 11:32:47 PM by Badger »

That doesn't make her an HP, but we are all out of statesmen and stateswomen.

Why not try being one yourself rather than devoting your forum presence to tirelessly defending or (in this case) equivocating obvious wrongdoing from a politician you happen to support?

I could say the same for you, and for most of the forum, including many I view as FFs.  You're not a bad person, but you show rank partisanship in your posts and you don't deviate from your leftist perspective.  That's fine; it really is, but you're just one more person here who can apply the adage:  "Let it begin with me!".

People have been unfair to President Trump since DAY ONE.  People were bound and determined to stop him from being the GOP Nominee, and from being the President.  And people were enraged when Trump crashed the party and won the election.  

The entire investigation process and impeachment process is a sham.  There are reasons to not vote for Trump, but no reason to impeach him.  THAT'S my statesman position.  

This is it you nonstop embarrassment. I cannot read your habitually whataboutism both sides do it b******* posts without wanting to have an aneurysm. We get it. Abortion abortion abortion, so you will talk yourself out of every possible Syria no matter how much it defies facts and logic to succor your own willingness to support a person you clearly know deep deep down to be a horrible human being and a worst president. Your thought process on such matters is incomprehensible.

On to ignore you finally go
Yoda
United States

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2019, 02:11:45 AM »

I didn't even see the "look up" part before.  This has to be some kind of serious dementia at this point.  There is no other explanation for this behavior.  It's amazing that a solid 40% of the country is buying this insanity.

Unfortunately, there is a simple one. He's that much of a piece of sh**t. Zero respect, zero empathy, zero compassion, zero class. Ignorance, hatred, and bigotry in spades.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2019, 01:40:38 PM »

You’re going to hell too, so don’t get too excited.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2019, 01:57:54 PM »

It was one of those things that are funny, but still very wrong to say.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2019, 02:46:20 PM »

That doesn't make her an HP, but we are all out of statesmen and stateswomen.

Why not try being one yourself rather than devoting your forum presence to tirelessly defending or (in this case) equivocating obvious wrongdoing from a politician you happen to support?

I could say the same for you, and for most of the forum, including many I view as FFs.  You're not a bad person, but you show rank partisanship in your posts and you don't deviate from your leftist perspective.  That's fine; it really is, but you're just one more person here who can apply the adage:  "Let it begin with me!".

People have been unfair to President Trump since DAY ONE.  People were bound and determined to stop him from being the GOP Nominee, and from being the President.  And people were enraged when Trump crashed the party and won the election.  

The entire investigation process and impeachment process is a sham.  There are reasons to not vote for Trump, but no reason to impeach him.  THAT'S my statesman position.  

Donald Trump was obviously a flawed person, enough that he was unable to win even a plurality of the popular vote -- but he won the right votes, so we are stuck with him. That does not mean that he is beyond criticism when he makes extreme lapses of moral discretion. Your side was not so generous with Barack Obama, who had much less evidence of being a corrupt, cruel, reckless leader and showed no signs of such after becoming President. What most who voted against Trump saw in him has proved an understatement before he was elected.

We have no more duty to be 'fair' to President Trump by your standard than your side was 'fair' to Barack Obama. Part of freedom is the right to act as a swine without doing real harm as we understand in statutory law.

If the President cannot be impeached for an attempt to blackmail a foreign head of state for his own political gain, then what else can he get away with? Murder? War crimes? Embezzlement? Bribe-taking? We Democrats have seen much that we find objectionable, but not clearly impeachable. A failed attempt to blackmail a foreign leader doesn't raise so much passion, but it is as impeachable a deed as is possible.  Democrats had to impeach the President for such even if such were inconvenient, ill-timed, and ineffective.

Paradoxically, Democrats get to hit President Trump on an activity in which Republicans usually have the political advantage. It is up to Republicans to decide whether to put conscience over partisanship.

Oh, yes -- far better is it that we have an impeachment and not a military coup. Be glad that the Armed Services, the intelligence services, the diplomatic corps, and federal  law enforcement had House Democrats to which to turn. The Democratic majority in the House did its job, and did it well.       
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2019, 02:55:19 PM »

I didn't even see the "look up" part before.  This has to be some kind of serious dementia at this point.  There is no other explanation for this behavior.  It's amazing that a solid 40% of the country is buying this insanity.

In the name of criticizing Trump, people spread a lot of wild misunderstandings of what dementia is, but this blaming this comment on dementia might take the cake.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2019, 05:05:34 PM »

In the name of criticizing Trump, people spread a lot of wild misunderstandings of what dementia is, but this blaming this comment on dementia might take the cake.

Dude, dementia is the charitable interpretation.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2019, 06:04:53 PM »

Dude, dementia is the charitable interpretation.

charitable to whom?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2019, 06:54:30 PM »

I really hope that some of his supporters were offended and shocked by this "joke," given it's less raucous reception than most of his stream-of-consciousness drivel. Even if this doesn't make them stop supporting Trump, I want to believe that they still have some kernel of humanity in there where Trump can still cross some lines for them.

At this point, just give me something!

It's a nice thought, but if after 3 years of trump bs they are still attending his rallies in support of him, then they are a lost cause.

I know, but I don't want to see them as enemies. It's hard, but I have to remind myself of that sometimes in any way that I can.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2019, 08:53:19 PM »

You’re going to hell too, so don’t get too excited.

You realize your response effectively proved him right, don't you?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2019, 10:05:48 PM »

Not to mention it implies he doesn't entirely know what he's doing when he says these sort of things, and we all know that's not the case.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2019, 11:54:15 PM »

Not to mention it implies he doesn't entirely know what he's doing when he says these sort of things, and we all know that's not the case.

Maybe that's the suggestion sometimes. But dementia could be affecting his behavior even while he still understands everything he is doing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2019, 07:02:29 AM »

Louis effing Ghomert apologized to Debbie Dingell for Trump's idiocy but Atlas Republicans can't bring themselves to do it.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2019, 07:05:26 AM »

Louis effing Ghomert apologized to Debbie Dingell for Trump's idiocy but Atlas Republicans can't bring themselves to do it.
Very fine people
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2019, 07:41:12 AM »

It was a wrong statement by Trump, and there is no defense for it.  It's one of the worst statements in politics I've ever heard.

The "whataboutism" that people complain about, however, is legitimate.  Jesse Jackson has never refuted his comments about New York being "H----town" in 1984, and Democrats running for President still make their way to his Rainbow PUSH Coalition events to seek his approval, and I don't see anyone here apologizing on behalf of the Democratic Party for the fact that its candidates still make their way to an open anti-Semite.  To this day, Al Sharpton refused to admit he perpetrated a hoax in the Tawana Brawley scandal by supporting false charges of rape against white police officers, and he's an integral part of the MSNBC commentariat.  Not only has no apology been made by either of these folks; no apology is demanded by any of those who are now jumping on Trump.

So, yes, Trump's attack on Mrs. Dingell was hurtful, and deliberately so.  It was an unambiguously crappy thing to do, and something he has no excuse for.  But equally crappy behavior has not been cause for the bulk of Democrats here to not de-legitimize Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.  (And to say "equally crappy" on the part of Sharpton is charitable; his behavior caused two (2) people to have to defend themselves against Sharpton's false charges.)

Democrats have "gone low" on Trump, but cheered on Eric Holder when he said, "When they go low, we kick them."  This is what that looks like.  Trump ought to dial that back, simply because it's the right thing to do.  He should apologize, simply because it's the right thing to do.  But that standard has not been the one Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (particularly Sharpton) have been held to by those so bent out of shape here.  (Including Badger, but he's put me on ignore, so he'll not find out about this, and won't be able to respond to it.)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2019, 08:13:21 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2019, 12:51:46 PM by Hindsight is 2020 »

It was a wrong statement by Trump, and there is no defense for it.  It's one of the worst statements in politics I've ever heard.

The "whataboutism" that people complain about, however, is legitimate.  Jesse Jackson has never refuted his comments about New York being "H----town" in 1984, and Democrats running for President still make their way to his Rainbow PUSH Coalition events to seek his approval, and I don't see anyone here apologizing on behalf of the Democratic Party for the fact that its candidates still make their way to an open anti-Semite.  To this day, Al Sharpton refused to admit he perpetrated a hoax in the Tawana Brawley scandal by supporting false charges of rape against white police officers, and he's an integral part of the MSNBC commentariat.  Not only has no apology been made by either of these folks; no apology is demanded by any of those who are now jumping on Trump.

So, yes, Trump's attack on Mrs. Dingell was hurtful, and deliberately so.  It was an unambiguously crappy thing to do, and something he has no excuse for.  But equally crappy behavior has not been cause for the bulk of Democrats here to not de-legitimize Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.  (And to say "equally crappy" on the part of Sharpton is charitable; his behavior caused two (2) people to have to defend themselves against Sharpton's false charges.)

Democrats have "gone low" on Trump, but cheered on Eric Holder when he said, "When they go low, we kick them."  This is what that looks like.  Trump ought to dial that back, simply because it's the right thing to do.  He should apologize, simply because it's the right thing to do.  But that standard has not been the one Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (particularly Sharpton) have been held to by those so bent out of shape here.  (Including Badger, but he's put me on ignore, so he'll not find out about this, and won't be able to respond to it.)
Hey Fuzzy don’t think anyone told you this but a key problem in your example is....JESSE JACKSON NEVER BECAME PRESIDENT! (Also fwi he did apologize so do some simple research next time https://www.nytimes.com/1984/02/27/us/jackson-admits-saying-hymie-and-apologizes-at-a-synagogue.html) Do you not see the glaring issue in whatabouting something the president said with something a person who only got 21% of the primary vote 30+ years ago said when making the argument both sides are bad?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2019, 08:36:08 AM »

You forgot to mention the Grand Mufti.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2019, 09:36:07 AM »

It was a wrong statement by Trump, and there is no defense for it.  It's one of the worst statements in politics I've ever heard.

The "whataboutism" that people complain about, however, is legitimate.  Jesse Jackson has never refuted his comments about New York being "H----town" in 1984, and Democrats running for President still make their way to his Rainbow PUSH Coalition events to seek his approval, and I don't see anyone here apologizing on behalf of the Democratic Party for the fact that its candidates still make their way to an open anti-Semite.  To this day, Al Sharpton refused to admit he perpetrated a hoax in the Tawana Brawley scandal by supporting false charges of rape against white police officers, and he's an integral part of the MSNBC commentariat.  Not only has no apology been made by either of these folks; no apology is demanded by any of those who are now jumping on Trump.

So, yes, Trump's attack on Mrs. Dingell was hurtful, and deliberately so.  It was an unambiguously crappy thing to do, and something he has no excuse for.  But equally crappy behavior has not been cause for the bulk of Democrats here to not de-legitimize Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.  (And to say "equally crappy" on the part of Sharpton is charitable; his behavior caused two (2) people to have to defend themselves against Sharpton's false charges.)

Democrats have "gone low" on Trump, but cheered on Eric Holder when he said, "When they go low, we kick them."  This is what that looks like.  Trump ought to dial that back, simply because it's the right thing to do.  He should apologize, simply because it's the right thing to do.  But that standard has not been the one Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (particularly Sharpton) have been held to by those so bent out of shape here.  (Including Badger, but he's put me on ignore, so he'll not find out about this, and won't be able to respond to it.)
Hey Fuzzy don’t think anyone told you this but a key problem in your example is....JESSE JACKSON NEVER BECAME PRESIDENT! (Also fwi he did apologize so do sone simple research next time https://www.nytimes.com/1984/02/27/us/jackson-admits-saying-hymie-and-apologizes-at-a-synagogue.html) Do you not see the glaring issue in whatabouting something the president said with something a person who only got 21% of the primary vote 30+ years ago said when making the argument both sides are bad?

So condemn Jesse Jackson for his antisemitic comments, and his associations with Louis Farrakhan.  Jackson's still a relevant power broker in the here and now in the Democratic Party, and the same can be said for Sharpton.  Do it now; step up to the pump and condemn Jackson's statements.

There's a reason why you can't. 
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2019, 09:37:50 AM »

It was a wrong statement by Trump, and there is no defense for it.  It's one of the worst statements in politics I've ever heard.

The "whataboutism" that people complain about, however, is legitimate.

In a logical discussion, whataboutism is never a relevant response. If something is bad, then it's bad when any side does it. Hypocrisy as a fallacy doesn't apply.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2019, 09:41:09 AM »

Hey Fuzzy don’t think anyone told you this but a key problem in your example is....JESSE JACKSON NEVER BECAME PRESIDENT! (Also fwi he did apologize so do sone simple research next time https://www.nytimes.com/1984/02/27/us/jackson-admits-saying-hymie-and-apologizes-at-a-synagogue.html) Do you not see the glaring issue in whatabouting something the president said with something a person who only got 21% of the primary vote 30+ years ago said when making the argument both sides are bad?

So condemn Jesse Jackson for his antisemitic comments, and his associations with Louis Farrakhan.  Jackson's still a relevant power broker in the here and now in the Democratic Party, and the same can be said for Sharpton.  Do it now; step up to the pump and condemn Jackson's statements.

Yeah because I’m too busy condemning the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2019, 09:42:08 AM »

Guys, we've been over Jesse Jackson with Fuzzy before but he apparently has forgotten. It's not worth arguing with him, because even when he comes around again, he'll just post the same thing in a few weeks like it never happened.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2019, 09:42:52 AM »

Yeah because I’m too busy condemning the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem
It's about time you put your time to good use, lol.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2019, 10:35:21 AM »

Because about the only people who care about Jackson or Farrakhan these days are Republicans desperate to use whataboutism to defend Trump?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies