Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:52:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)  (Read 14917 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 25, 2014, 03:53:00 PM »

How do none of you understand the absurdity of the Teutons' demands to write away the sovereignty of two independent, intact countries (Serbia and Montenegro)? If you wish to push towards the cessation of conflict you ought to implement sanctions on the intransigent and belligerent Germans as well.

But Snowstalker, why are you so opposed to my plan?

They would get MASSIVE autonomy, and they would get their slavic kingdom...
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2014, 03:54:26 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2014, 03:56:10 PM by Snowstalker »

How do none of you understand the absurdity of the Teutons' demands to write away the sovereignty of two independent, intact countries (Serbia and Montenegro)? If you wish to push towards the cessation of conflict you ought to implement sanctions on the intransigent and belligerent Germans as well.

Because it ends their status as independent states regardless of whatever partial self-government they would have. They don't want a "Slavic kingdom". If that "autonomy" is so massive anyway, why even bother annexing them into Austria?

It is our fault that the other independent nations of the Orthodox League were dragged into this horrible conflict. They should not be wiped off the map and any punishment should be directed towards us, not them.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2014, 03:59:10 PM »

Because it ends their status as independent states regardless of whatever partial self-government they would have. They don't want a "Slavic kingdom". If that "autonomy" is so massive anyway, why even bother annexing them into Austria?

It is our fault that the other independent nations of the Orthodox League were dragged into this horrible conflict. They should not be wiped off the map and any punishment should be directed towards us, not them.

Slavic unity into one kingdom, this is one of their major goal. I don't think I have to debate for that, why would Yugoslavia have been created?

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2014, 04:03:09 PM »

OOC: Knowing Serbs, they'd overwhelmingly value national independence over "Slavic unity". Also, Yugoslavia is not a thing yet in this timeline so you talking about it makes no sense.

IC: This is not "creating a united Slavic kingdom", because then your proposed "Slavia" would be an independent state. This is an annexation into Austria, where they will bow to the House of Hapsburg and pay taxes to Vienna. You're naive if you don't think our Serbian and Montenegrin allies will fight that to the death.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2014, 04:05:51 PM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2014, 04:06:58 PM »

But at least, my Empire won't fall next turn Cheesy
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2014, 04:08:03 PM »

Clearly it's the big bad Russians who won't listen to reason and reject any attempt at compromise. Roll Eyes
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2014, 04:08:51 PM »

Clearly it's the big bad Russians who won't listen to reason and reject any attempt at compromise. Roll Eyes

Dude, you have proposed a sh**tTY map for Austria, HORRENDOUS. If you call that a compromise.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2014, 04:10:59 PM »

If I remember correctly, your Austrian allies placed a claim on Ukraine during the war; our proposal recognizes that while maintaining the independent status of Serbia. If you value the desires and input of your own ally, I'm sure you would take our proposed map over yours.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2014, 04:11:20 PM »

Snowstalker for the sake of peace please just accept the peace treaty
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2014, 04:14:06 PM »

Snowstalker, I would like to remind you that I'm chancellor from AH, and I represent AH during these negociations as well.

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2014, 04:15:14 PM »

Snowstalker, I would like to remind you that I'm chancellor from AH, and I represent AH during these negociations as well.

The chancellorship does not speak for the entire Austrian government.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2014, 04:16:51 PM »

Since there is no way Snowstalker can be reasonable, since there is no way he can stop saying blatant lies, I officially end the negociations between AH, Germany and Russia.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2014, 04:22:14 PM »

Russia has lost this war politically and militarily. If you wish to see Petrograd falling and you deposed because of futile defense of Serbia and Montenegro, countries that you have brought to this war in first place, then be my guest.

I will enjoy watching your downfall.

The chancellorship does not speak for the entire Austrian government.

OOC: Actually he is an official Austrian player for a time being.

Also, that is rich coming from a player that is running four countries at one time Roll Eyes Seriously, you took over running more countries than you are entitled to (as only Russian player), you made all decisions and now you're giving us this "independent countries" nonsense.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2014, 04:23:36 PM »

The aggressive, warmongering Germans have unilaterally withdrawn from peace talks because we treated them as bilateral negotiations while they treated the talks as an opportunity to demand everything they wanted, and if we didn't simply bend over to leave the talks and resume the war.

We expect the international community to respond to the Germans' intransigence with round condemnation.

OOC: How else are NPC countries going to be represented? If necessary I can turn them over to Lumine right now so they can negotiate as independent states.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2014, 04:24:32 PM »

His Imperial Majesty The Emperor of Japan Addresses the International Community

My friends and allies,

What madness has the world descended into? This 'Great Russian War' began as a naval clash between the navies under my command, and under that of the Tsar. We called on our allies to assist us in achieving a resolution, and the Tsar called on his. We have since reached such a resolution - that issue is settled. There is no reason to continue a war after it has been settled. Yet now we still remain in conflict. This is not a conflict that should involve the exchange of huge swathes of Europe; this is certainly not a conflict that should involve the destruction of independent and sovereign nations. It is absurd that this conflict could be summarized as "Russia attacked Japan so Austria annexed Montenegro." Let these people keep their independent state - especially since these independent states have not been bested in battle by the Austrians. We also have concerns about how this will affect the European balance of power. The Concert of Europe has, to some extent, mediated tensions in Europe since the end of Napoleon. Berlin's aggressive expansions into the Baltic threatens to upset this balance and give Germany an upper hand over the other European powers as well, so it is puzzling to see why nations like the United Kingdom are taking such a bellicose line.

For the benefit of us all, to maintain the European balance of power and prevent a generation of bleeding in the Balkans, end this war and end it reasonably.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2014, 04:24:53 PM »

We expect the international community to respond to the Germans' intransigence with round condemnation.

Many laughs Cheesy
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »

Snowstalker stop using the "Evil Germans card"
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2014, 04:28:49 PM »

And once again, I got the 20PM limit Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2014, 04:30:56 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2014, 04:34:22 PM by Abdul the Red »

The straits are oficially closed to any Russian vessels.

Forces in Armenia and Azerbeijan, as well as our entire Navy, are put on high alert.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2014, 04:37:46 PM »

Kal, I'm missing our PM discussions Cry
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2014, 04:45:43 PM »

We appreciate the Emperor Mutsuhito's call for reason in these times. We remind the Germans that the ceasefire is still in effect and there is still ample time to work out a reasonable and lasting peace.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »

We remind the Germans that the ceasefire is still in effect and there is still ample time to work out a reasonable and lasting peace.

Trying again to buy time.

Ah, Snowstalker, you ought to improve your act Wink
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2014, 04:52:59 PM »

I'm not trying to delay. We can continue the ceasefire through the next turn (Late 1904), can't we?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #224 on: May 25, 2014, 04:53:32 PM »

I'm not trying to delay. We can continue the ceasefire through the next turn (Late 1904), can't we?
No, the ceasefire is over.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies