Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:07:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)  (Read 15040 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2014, 10:48:12 PM »

Alright, I was a bit unsure of the exact machinations of the number generator. The treaty mess was probably the bigger issue.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2014, 01:12:40 PM »

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Soldiers of the Empire!

Once again, by your bravery, you have proven to be the pride of Allah and your country. Soon, our lost lands shall be recovered and your heroic deeds live on forever.

x Abdul Hamid II
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2014, 06:03:59 AM »

When can we expect next phase?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2014, 06:09:22 AM »

The next phase would start with the Late 1904 turn, no?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2014, 06:09:43 AM »

The next phase would start with the Late 1904 turn, no?

Ah yes.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2014, 06:21:37 AM »

Well, I just want to announce negociations with Russia have failed for 2 reasons:

-1st reason: Snowstalker was constantly faking having foreign support. He told me that Kalwejt found what I asked (Baltic states+ Poland as autonomous kindgom) was excessive: I PMed Kalwejt, he told me it wasn't true.
Snowstalker told me the same thing for Spamage, he told me the same thing that Kalwejt, it wasn't true.
And he told me the same thing for Cynic. And I already knew he supported my proposal.
And finally, he told me that Sawx was opposed to any Austrian and German annexation in the Balkan, I PMed Sawx, he told me it wasn't true and that he couldn't care less about Serbia.

I'm really infuriated by this behaviour. Snowstalker is speaking to me as if he was the winner of the war, faking foreign support. I have enough.

The 2nd reason: Snowstalker wants AH to get absolutely nothing. And as the current Austrian  chancellor, I can't accept that. AH is the most important ally of Germany, and I don't throw allies under the bus.

So the war continues. Maybe Snowstalker will be, next turn, more willing to concede.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2014, 06:31:11 AM »

The only reason the war continues is because the Tsar refuses to accept the reality. Russia has already lost Poland and the Baltic countries and, given enthusiastic welcome German troops has received there, we only ought to respect the will of Polish, Lithuanian, Latvian and Estonian people. Also, Russia simply cannot expect to hold their grip on the Balkan countries in light of sure defeat.

We wish to reiterate we won't break our peace with Russia. We made a commitment to stop the war with them and we did. But we must declare that we are deeply displeased with Petrograd's stalling. Every day the war continues in on the Tsar's head.

Once again we appeal to him to abandon delaying and attempts to bring other countries to war and accept the inevitable. There is no shame is making a reasonable peace so the country can survive. We, the Ottomans, knows that very well.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2014, 06:47:02 AM »

Well, I just want to announce negociations with Russia have failed for 2 reasons:

-1st reason: Snowstalker was constantly faking having foreign support. He told me that Kalwejt found what I asked (Baltic states+ Poland as autonomous kindgom) was excessive: I PMed Kalwejt, he told me it wasn't true.
Snowstalker told me the same thing for Spamage, he told me the same thing that Kalwejt, it wasn't true.
And he told me the same thing for Cynic. And I already knew he supported my proposal.
And finally, he told me that Sawx was opposed to any Austrian and German annexation in the Balkan, I PMed Sawx, he told me it wasn't true and that he couldn't care less about Serbia.

I'm really infuriated by this behaviour. Snowstalker is speaking to me as if he was the winner of the war, faking foreign support. I have enough.

The 2nd reason: Snowstalker wants AH to get absolutely nothing. And as the current Austrian  chancellor, I can't accept that. AH is the most important ally of Germany, and I don't throw allies under the bus.

So the war continues. Maybe Snowstalker will be, next turn, more willing to concede.

We remind the Germans that they have, in the diplomatic sense, absolutely no reason to continue this war. This started as a conflict with Japan in Northeast Asia, which the Germans have abused in their attempt to take large swathes of Europe under Berlin's direct rule. We have been for months open to reasonable negotiations which the Germans despite this; however, German demands have always been radical and selfish in their unilateral attempt  to conquer Europe. We have already effectively conceded to Germany's direct territorial demands, but now they demand that the entire countries of Serbia, Montenegro, and Romania be annexed to Austria-Hungary. This brazen desire to openly destroy sovereign states is not only immoral but unfeasible; Austria is falling apart and to annex millions of people, all openly hostile to Vienna, would only ensure their empire's demise. We implore the international community to condemn Germany's attempts to take advantage of a conflict which has already been settled (as we are at peace with Japan) for their own personal gain at the cost of destroying entire countries. We would make peace with Germany immediately if their demands were remotely acceptable; alas, they are not.

As for the issue with Italy, I have already confided with them and they are indeed wary of any Austrian expansion in the Balkans, particularly Montenegro (origin of the Italian queen)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2014, 06:50:43 AM »

particularly Montenegro (origin of the Italian queen)

I'm afraid the Tsar is vastly overestimating significance of family ties in politics. For example, he is a very close relative to the German Imperial House, yet those countries are at war. The Tsar of Bulgaria is a German prince, yet Germany is allied with the Ottoman Empire.

When will the Tsar start to discuss real issues instead of playing with words in attempt to delay the agreement?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2014, 06:51:43 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2014, 06:54:07 AM by Midwest Governor windjammer »

This isn't true. We won't annex Montenegro.

An another lie, we're mostly interested by Serbia, a country that is deeply trolling AH since at least 20 years. Do you really believe this would be acceptable that AH could get anything?
And Austria isn't falling, they have resisted to Romania's invasion pretty well.
These countries have invaded Austria Hungary whereas we didn't do anything against them.

The war continues.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2014, 06:59:20 AM »

Our allies only invaded Austria-Hungary when Austria declared war on their ally (that is, Russia). Serbia is, again, an independent and sovereign nation which would resist to any Austrian occupation; Austria is already unstable as its minorities are in revolt and as they are being beaten back by the little Romanian army.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2014, 07:01:31 AM »

Our allies only invaded Austria-Hungary when Austria declared war on their ally (that is, Russia). Serbia is, again, an independent and sovereign nation which would resist to any Austrian occupation; Austria is already unstable as its minorities are in revolt and as they are being beaten back by the little Romanian army.

Frankly speaking, with Petrograd close to a fall, Russia should be more concerned about its own backyard, not trying to play a master in the Balkans.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2014, 07:03:14 AM »

Dude,
Austrian's minorities aren't in revolt. But I wouldn't say the same thing for Russia Tongue.

And yes, maybe we declared war to Russia (and we declared that with good reason, like the other powers), but we have never invaded them. It's them.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2014, 07:18:43 AM »

The Ottoman Empire has tried to reason with Russia pro bono, so a reasonable peace can be achieved. However, in light of their attempts to bring another countries into the war under false reasons, and unnecessary prolonging of the conflict, we have no alternative but to recall our Ambassador to Petrograd in protest and ask the Russian Envoy to leave our soil.

It is clear any talks with the current Tsar, displaying unrealistic attitude, are utterly unproductive. Therefore, we see no reason to try to help him out on diplomatic path anymore.

Again, we will never break our peace agreement first, but our forces in Armenia and Azerbaijan are put on alert to counter any possible attack.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2014, 07:19:22 AM »

Dude,
Austrian's minorities aren't in revolt. But I wouldn't say the same thing for Russia Tongue.

And yes, maybe we declared war to Russia (and we declared that with good reason, like the other powers), but we have never invaded them. It's them.

A casual read of the war thread results and Lumine's summaries suggest that Austria is indeed unstable, much more so than Russia. The only crime Serbia, Romania, and Montenegro committed was coming to the aid of their ally when the Germans and Austrians declared war on us. Meanwhile, you took advantage of your position as a Japanese ally to continue the war even after our issues with Japan were settled in order to seize large swathes Europe for yourself.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2014, 07:21:42 AM »

Lol, AH hasn't lost a lot of territory, your invasion by Roumania failed.

You, you lost Poland and the baltic countries, so no, you're in a much worse shape.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2014, 07:22:09 AM »

Dude,

A casual read of the war thread results and Lumine's summaries suggest that Austria is indeed unstable, much more so than Russia. The only crime Serbia, Romania, and Montenegro committed was coming to the aid of their ally when the Germans and Austrians declared war on us. Meanwhile, you took advantage of your position as a Japanese ally to continue the war even after our issues with Japan were settled in order to seize large swathes Europe for yourself.

Due to Krupp factory bombing and poisining of the Kaiser, I dare to say Germany got a lot of reasons to go to war.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2014, 07:25:11 AM »

Thank you Kal,
Snowstalker is once again changing history.

And I have got my 20 PM limit again haha.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2014, 07:27:35 AM »

Thank you Kal,
Snowstalker is once again changing history.

And I have got my 20 PM limit again haha.

All we shall say is that after falsely claiming you've got a wide international support to aid her, we rather won't believe any of the Tsar's declarations. He has no credibility left.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2014, 07:32:11 AM »

Dude,

Due to Krupp factory bombing and poisining of the Kaiser, I dare to say Germany got a lot of reasons to go to war.

The Russian government had no involvement in either. If the Germans are so convinced that we are at fault, we propose investigators from a neutral country (Switzerland? Spain?) to determine the origin of both the Krupp bombings and whether or not Wilhelm III was poisoned (and if so, who the culprit could be)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2014, 07:35:40 AM »

My orders have been sent Snowstalker,
See you next turn.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2014, 07:37:54 AM »

Orders? The next phase doesn't begin until Late 1904, whenever Lumine has that ready.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2014, 07:39:44 AM »

Orders? The next phase doesn't begin until Late 1904, whenever Lumine has that ready.
For the war. The war isn't over.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2014, 07:45:50 AM »

It's not, but the next war phase won't occur for several more days until Lumine is ready.

And we never claimed that Russia has foreign support per se, merely opposition to the most extreme German demands like ceding land to a neutral country or wiping a sovereign kingdom off the map.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2014, 07:46:56 AM »

It's not, but the next war phase won't occur for several more days until Lumine is ready.

And we never claimed that Russia has foreign support per se, merely opposition to the most extreme German demands like ceding land to a neutral country or wiping a sovereign kingdom off the map.
Someone is lucky I can't post any PM here Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies