Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:19:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)  (Read 15036 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »

We had already notified Germany that we would collaborate in writing the treaty; however, Germany imposed their own (which, among other issues, was almost unreadable) and demanded we accept their unilaterally-made draft without proper prior discussion on naval limitations and on the exact nature of the future of the Balkan states. Germany is now claiming that they will break the ceasefire unless we accept the imposed terms without question; if they take that step instead of continuing the peace talks which have already made so much progress, the blood will be on their hands.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »

We had already notified Germany that we wouldtt collaborate in writing the treaty; however, Germany imposed their own (which, among other issues, was almost unreadable) and demanded we accept their unilaterally-made draft without proper prior discussion on naval limitations and on the exact nature of the future of the Balkan states. Germany is now claiming that they will break the ceasefire unless we accept the imposed terms without question; if they take that step instead of continuing the peace talks which have already made so much progress, the blood will be on their hands.
[/quote
That s not true. The condition for the ceasefire pas the transformation of AH into AHS Serbia Monténégro and the test of Yougoslavie becoming an autonomous kingdom of AHS.

What Snowstalker has done was to change his mind and ti propose me parts of Ukraine. We clearly told him few days ago se didn t want parts of Ukraine because It would add problems.

No. Snowstalker and I agree to cease fire
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2014, 02:39:59 PM »

I don't entirely know what you're trying to say.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »

Having been kept informed by the Germans on the negotiations I can firmly state you are simply not telling the truth, again.

Also, the only reason Berlin has drafted a treaty is because you were delaying it. If you were so eager to make peace with Germany, why the stalling? Russia was very quick to sign an agreement with us, the United Kingdom and the Japanese Empire. Your ill will is obvious.

We had enough of your constant lies and demagoguery. Your word is not worth of the paper it is written on. How can any government engage in talks with such an untrustworthy part? The Tsar lost his credibility and no just cannot count on him to keep his work.

Therefore, the Ottoman Empire no longer recognized Tsar Nicholas as a partner in any intergovernmental talks and we refuse to maintain any relations with Russia until he is out of power.

(OOC: And yes, I'm also pissed that your constant delaying crap keeps all of us from moving with the game. You are frequently online but you can't make a damn map based on your deal with Mindjammer that you promised to make?)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2014, 02:44:50 PM »

OOC: I made a map and windjammer rejected it. I wasn't delaying a treaty; I have a life and things to do in it. Germany has already lied repeatedly to us and taken advantage of Russia's generosity so  I doubt he is giving the full truth to Constantinople either.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2014, 02:55:32 PM »

OOC: I made a map and windjammer rejected it. I wasn't delaying a treaty; I have a life and things to do in it. Germany has already lied repeatedly to us and taken advantage of Russia's generosity so  I doubt he is giving the full truth to Constantinople either.
Kal, could you post my peace proposal please?
Plan I proposed to him before his plan.

And I would have never accepted to cease fire for parts of Ukraine.
i ceased fire because we accepted the transformation of AH into AHS. And then he cganged his mind and refused.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2014, 03:03:18 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2014, 03:05:47 PM by Snowstalker »

I did more reading and more thought into the topic and decided that reforming Austria-Hungary would not be an effective solution (and anyway, it should be handled internally by Austria-Hungary), especially as, again, it would be unfeasible to impose said terms on Serbia when their military and government are completely intact and as the Austrian army has utterly failed to invade Serbia. My original proposal was merely to disband the Orthodox League as an alliance but leave all member states independent, which Germany ignored and then imposed what they are advocating now, and are now threatening to break the ceasefire and end talks if we do not simply bend over to all their demands. The international community should condemn Germany's cynical attempt to take advantage of the crisis with Japan (which has been completely resolved) to unilaterally impose a new European order.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2014, 03:04:46 PM »

So, you just changed your mind against previous agreement?

Again, you're utterly undependable and any talks with you seems to be pointless. Frankly I doubt you were sincere before.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #183 on: May 24, 2014, 03:05:41 PM »

Oh for f**k sake...
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2014, 03:06:43 PM »

So, you just changed your mind against previous agreement?

Again, you're utterly undependable and any talks with you seems to be pointless. Frankly I doubt you were sincere before.

Austria backed out of a peace treaty after I had already posted it to sign, yet I don't see Constantinople condemning them for being indecisive or insincere.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2014, 03:08:24 PM »

OOC: Seriously, if Snowstalker is so determined to drag the war on then let him have it, but I strongly protest about it causing futher delays in moving to next phases.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2014, 03:15:05 PM »

Germany is the one openly threatening to leave the ceasefire agreement if they do not get everything they want.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2014, 03:17:29 PM »

JFC.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »

Huh

Anyway, we had a deal and Snowstalker chose not to respect It znymore
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2014, 03:23:02 PM »

Да здравствует революция !
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2014, 04:13:28 PM »

OOC: Due to this breakdown, I propose that if the two sides won't sort our their differences by early tomorrow, we'll proceed with the next round instead of arguing.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2014, 08:19:13 AM »

So will the war continue?
There is no way I can accept Snowstalker's plan:

This map is definitely terrible for AH:
-AH gets new minorities, additional tensions.
-The borders would be indefendable
-and Snowstalker would be able to recreate the Orthodox League really soon, because they would stay independent countries.

Here was my plan, plan that Snowstalker agreed before changing his mind (that's why we ceased fire, I wouldn't have accepted to cease fire for Ukraine's parts)/

Here was my plan:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Seriously,
This plan was fair and generous for Russia. Russia saved face. And the minority problems in the Balkans is resolved, because AH would be happy to have resolved the problems, and Serbia; Montenegro would be happy to finally get their autonomy.

And experts would guarantee that...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #192 on: May 25, 2014, 08:48:06 AM »

It is clear that Germany and Austria-Hungary simply won't accept Russian quasi-dominance on the Balkans via satelite governments. And the Ottoman Empire fully supports their position.

Politically and militarily, Russia is not in position to make demands. Petrograd can keep deluding itself by hysterical and bombastic remarks, but it won't save it from falling soon.

Also, the Tsar has already shown his word cannot be trusted, so it is only natural our allies wants real guarantees.

We believe no deal is possible other than the Tsar accepting the reality or relinquishing his throne. Otherwise, there's no point of taking him seriously.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2014, 11:03:24 AM »

Quasi-dominance on the Balkans? Austria controls a large swathe of the Balkans directly, Bulgaria is neutral (which seems to be working to their disadvantage), and Greece and Albania are Italian satellites. Montenegro, Serbia, and Romania all have natural Russian influence--we helped to secure their independence and helped them seize their rightful lands from you, but they are independent governments who voluntarily chose to join the Orthodox League--just as Greece and Bulgaria voluntarily refused our offer of alliance.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2014, 01:11:17 PM »

The Ottoman Empire will not break it's peace with Russia. We will continue to cooperate with Russian local authorities in the Caucasus region to ensure that its terms are observed as usual.

However, in the light of Petrograd's constant lies, intrigues and aggression, we have no other choice but to declare we no longer recognize Mr. Nicholas Romanov as a legitimate representative of the Russian Empire on world stage.

Instead, we recognize the Grand Duke Alexei as legitimate Tsar the international community can, through a regent, do a business with.

x Abdul Hamid II
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #195 on: May 25, 2014, 03:14:27 PM »

Alongside severing our diplomatic ties, trade with the Russian Empire is to be strictly prohibited until new leadership is established or peace is declared. The Russians appear to be untrustworthy and trading with them would be far too risky.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #196 on: May 25, 2014, 03:27:17 PM »

To clarify: Japan continues to recognize and trade with the current Tsar. We urge a swift end to Europe's war.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2014, 03:38:48 PM »

Although it was not a part of our peace treaty, we have voluntarily permitted Russian ships an innocent passage through the straits, believing, the Russians can be trusted.

However, we are currently considering joining British economical sanctions by prohibiting Russian merchant ships, not to mention military vessels, from accessing the straits until the war is over.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2014, 03:41:47 PM »

How do none of you understand the absurdity of the Teutons' demands to write away the sovereignty of two independent, intact countries (Serbia and Montenegro)? If you wish to push towards the cessation of conflict you ought to implement sanctions on the intransigent and belligerent Germans as well.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #199 on: May 25, 2014, 03:42:36 PM »

This political figure is currently ignored

Much better Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies