NY: Trump on Trial! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:34:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Trump on Trial! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: NY: Trump on Trial!  (Read 74494 times)
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: March 30, 2023, 07:48:22 PM »

Haha, lmao, lol, rofl, ctfu, xD, 😂, 🤣, 🤭, 😹, absolutely the funniest thing to ever happen
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 12:51:56 PM »

OSR rushing to Trump's defense after pretending to not like him? What a shock.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 08:51:30 AM »

I mean, it is correct that these charges are both politically motivated and justified. There is a political motive to not wanting a criminal to be President, but also this probably wouldn't have gotten as far if it were literally anyone else, Republican or Democrat. Trump has openly flaunted that he is above the law, so yeah it's going to seem political when the law tries to bring him down. It's a sticky situation that I think is being handled about as well as possible, given the circumstances.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 09:58:26 AM »

I mean, it is correct that these charges are both politically motivated and justified. There is a political motive to not wanting a criminal to be President, but also this probably wouldn't have gotten as far if it were literally anyone else, Republican or Democrat. Trump has openly flaunted that he is above the law, so yeah it's going to seem political when the law tries to bring him down. It's a sticky situation that I think is being handled about as well as possible, given the circumstances.

That term to me implicates that the charges are either made up for so minor that no ordinary (business)person would be in trouble for. I'd argue that neither is the case. It's dangerous to suggest a pure political motivation because it continues to undermine trust in the justice system. Which really shouldn't be an arm of the political parties to serve their interests. Trump used the Justice Dept. as his personal law firm, and now he's projecting yet again on something he himself is guilty of.

I certainly agree with you, but the optics disagree as evidenced by the poll results. It's a lot less black and white than it being solely politically motivated or not, but it was always going to appear political given the players involved. It is true that the evidence supports the indictment, but half of the country could see a video of Trump eating a puppy and would argue he did not do that. I'm sure the DA's office was aware of the optics, and their decision to move forward anyway is admirable.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 01:56:55 PM »

WAPO's fact checker got fact checked by twitter LOL

Getting a donation during his campaign doesn't mean that he's being controlled by George Soros, which is what many conservatives/Republicans are insinuating. But you already knew that.

Didn't Trump also donate to the Clintons, Chuck Schumer and Kamala Harris back in the day?

He sure did. I wonder if the right always picks on Soros for....(((some reason)))
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 02:53:06 PM »

Getting a donation during his campaign doesn't mean that he's being controlled by George Soros, which is what many conservatives/Republicans are insinuating. But you already knew that.

Didn't Trump also donate to the Clintons, Chuck Schumer and Kamala Harris back in the day?

He sure did. I wonder if the right always picks on Soros for....(((some reason)))
It can’t be because he was the largest donor by far.

If everybody is an antisemite, nobody is. Stop using Soros’s religion as a shield against criticism of his donations.

I thought campaign contributions were free speech and there should be no limit on free speech? George Soros is an American citizen.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 03:44:07 PM »

It can’t be because he was the largest donor by far.

If everybody is an antisemite, nobody is. Stop using Soros’s religion as a shield against criticism of his donations.

I thought campaign contributions were free speech and there should be no limit on free speech? George Soros is an American citizen.
Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Implying that someone is using campaign donations as a means of subverting the law to arrest one's political opponents is not a criticism, it is conspiratorial and it is, legally speaking, libelous. Criticism is "I think Soros should use his money to actually help people instead of funding political candidates."
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2023, 08:41:02 AM »

No mugshot makes this entire thing not worth it. Wtf.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 10:18:25 AM »

This dude knows he's going to get mobbed everywhere he goes. I'm surprised he wouldn't just say he showed up without actually showing up, not like he's above lying.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2023, 10:53:39 AM »
« Edited: April 04, 2023, 10:57:57 AM by I Fought Guns, Tanks, Cannon »

Today may produce more funny moments than one day has ever produced in American history.

Does anyone have an idea of what time he will be arraigned? I want to plan my lunch break accordingly.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2023, 12:58:34 PM »

The air feels fresher today. The grass looks greener, the sky is bluer. It's a good day.

Beautiful weather in Berks County today, too. Couldn't ask for a better day for justice.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2023, 01:04:18 PM »

Does anyone know when we will actually be able to read the official charges?

My understanding is that they're unsealed as soon as he goes before the judge, so I would assume the DA's office will release them some time after that? (Or maybe i'm completely wrong about that)
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2023, 01:13:29 PM »

Is there any possibility that Bragg primaries Eric Adams?
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2023, 01:17:57 PM »

Is there any possibility that Bragg primaries Eric Adams?

Why? Has Adams spoken out against the Trump indictment or just because Bragg is considered a "rising star" now and Adams a more conservative Democrat?

The latter. This is a pretty BFD and Adams is pretty unpopular in NYC. Just curious. This would be a pretty big thing to build a campaign off of.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2023, 01:30:24 PM »

Lmao he looks PISSED
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2023, 02:21:40 PM »

The usual suspects have arrived to make excuses for obvious intimidation. In their minds, if someone were to murder the judge's daughter because of that post, it would just be a left wing false flag to blame Trump supporters.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2023, 03:41:05 PM »

DECEMBER?!
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States