Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:53:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 46069 times)
AtorBoltox

« on: May 28, 2020, 03:05:13 AM »

Yellow avatars care more about windows than black lives
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 12:31:43 AM »

Watch all the second amendment 'liberty' nuts turn into huge supporters of government force
AtorBoltox

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 12:51:22 AM »

The Michigan protest while which you can disagree with politically was mostly peaceful.

Storming the capital with assault weapons is NOT peaceful.

Sorry bud, just because you don't like guns doesn't mean people carrying them are committing a violent act.
Storming a legislature with the express purpose of intimidating elected officials is domestic terrorism
AtorBoltox

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 12:56:05 AM »

If some users here were alive in the 70s they'd label the Soweto uprising 'unproductive'
AtorBoltox

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 12:57:11 AM »

Force needs to be applied to curb the actions of the criminals that are looting and destroying businesses, how much economic damage is being inflicted upon normal business owners as a result of these riots. As for the issue of Floyd, it's clear the police attracts some sadists and when you have hundreds of thousands of police officers, you will get a few sadists who enjoy causing pain and killing people, its unfortunate but inevitable, the only solution is a trial for the police officer who was involved with killing Floyd.

ok sauron
So... the angry anarchy mob can just do whatever they want and they can't be met with force? Defending your home, business and family members from pitchforks and torches makes you Sauron now? I sure hope they don't break into your home, steal your belongings, sexually assault your wife/daughter and kill your dog. Too bad it would be wrong to defend yourself.

To be clear, I am VERY MUCH with these protestors on this unjustified killing. A destructive violent mob and protestors are two different things though. One understands right/wrong and processes logic and reason, the other does not.

Right, everyone should just say "I'm sorry" and sing kumbayah over some poutine. Police brutality solved 🙄

But seriously, this has been boiling over for years. Maybe it isn't right, but it's nothing compared to what police have inflicted on minorities for centuries. I don't condone it, but I get it.

This is how I feel.  They've tried everything and nothing has changed.  What are they supposed to do?  Peaceful protest?  Taking a knee was about the most respectful thing they could've done to protest police brutality, and they were mocked and vilified by the President and his ilk for it.  

Oh yes, Donald Trump will end police brutality and usher in a golden age of race relations.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 12:59:02 AM »

The riots are a reaction to injustice. The proper way to end is to provide justice, not to tut tut and say 'can't everyone get along'
AtorBoltox

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 02:19:13 AM »

I'm not a mod, but can we PLEASE postpone the "people of color do/don't face daily discrimination" debate for another day? Please?
When is the right time to talk about it, then?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 02:35:59 AM »

I'm not a mod, but can we PLEASE postpone the "people of color do/don't face daily discrimination" debate for another day? Please?
When is the right time to talk about it, then?
Almost literally any other time when there aren't out of control massive racial justice riots going on, buildings burning and a few people dying.
This sounds a lot like conservatives saying we can't talk about gun control after a mass shooting
AtorBoltox

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 09:01:04 PM »

I'd be able to say I'm a subject of the Queen, which would be an honor.

Ireland doesn't have the Queen. It's not even in the Commonwealth.

Northern Ireland has the Queen, but it also has, as I'm sure you know, vastly more fractious politics than what you seem to be looking for.
I just want to reflect on this for a moment. Higgins is so ignorant of the world that he thinks the British monarchy continues to rule over Ireland.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 10:48:42 PM »

Mask off moment today for some 'moderate, liberal' red avatars
AtorBoltox

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2020, 10:52:06 PM »

The reaction here reminds me of what Phil Ochs said about American liberals - 'Ten degrees to the left of center in good times, ten degrees to the right of center if it affects them personally'.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 08:12:08 AM »

jimrtex will never condemn anything police do if not even this is objectionable in his view
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies