OH-SEN 2024: Brown (D) vs Moreno (R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:13:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-SEN 2024: Brown (D) vs Moreno (R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-SEN 2024: Brown (D) vs Moreno (R)  (Read 29610 times)
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: March 02, 2023, 03:42:43 AM »

2022 candidate Bernie Moreno is looking very likely to run, he's attacking Brown a lot and taking shots at Dolan for not being pro-Trump enough.
Moreno was one of Trump's favourites last time (and dropped out to support Vance) so he might get Trump and Vance's support. He's also echoing a lot of Vance's rhetoric on stuff like trade and foreign policy.
LaRose is basically guaranteed to run, who'll likely be the frontrunner at first.
It'll be a tough primary but I actually doubt the NRSC gets involved with this one, there are no real bad or even extreme candidates.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 07:18:41 PM »

Trump already is semi-endorsing Moreno lol. Vance is also close to him, and he's Max Miller's father-in-law. He's also a self-funder, I reckon he's gonna be the nominee.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2023, 02:36:05 AM »

Anyone that associates with No Labels should never be elected into office. Somehow despite both major parties being terrible, they've managed to combine the worst aspects of both of them into one elitist corporatist oligarchical platform.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 02:25:33 AM »

This race is giving me AZ-SEN 2022 vibes, with LaRose as Brnovich and Moreno as Masters.

I mean maybe but I think it is important to note this also isn't Arizona. I really see no reason why like 10% of Trump voters will chose to vote for Brown, which is probably right around what he needs, maybe more. Also Trump doesn't like endorsing losers or people who he thinks will lose, that could push him away from endorsing Moreno, especially since he has endorsed LaRose in past races.
I dont think Trump thinks.Moreno will lose. I mean Daines (who is the main one trying to get Trump to not endorse "unelectable" candidates) said he thinks Moreno can win.
Also Vance, Patel, Grenell and other people close to Trump have started coalescing around Moreno.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 06:47:33 PM »

LaRose is a bland guy who doesn't inspire the masses.
Yeah. He has a lot of name rec right now but he's very uninspiring and I expect him to drop once the primary gets into gear.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 01:48:41 AM »

Any thoughts after seeing the Abortion and Weed initiatives?

Obviously, those margins are not realistic for the Senate race, but it does show at least some individual issues work to Dems favor in Ohio, and the "liberal" or Democrat associated side can win statewide ballot initiatives.
The electorate was Biden+2, which means the abortion initiative only overperformed Trump by about 3%. I don't think this means much.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 07:34:37 AM »

Cook Political Report says Ohio Republican Senate Primary is a Toss Up despite Bernie Moreno receiving Dinald Trumps Endorsement.
The Question is: Will Trump outweigh the combined Endorsements of former Senator Portman & current Governor DeWine, who both have endorsed Dolan, or not.

Hopefully Senate Republicans are not in this Position again like they were in 2022 when they had to spend 30M $ to prop up Vance.
If Senate Republicans spent $0 on Vance he still would have won. McConnell wasted money on Ohio as an excuse for not funding Masters.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 09:24:29 AM »

Founder of the site claims that the data clearly points to it being a prank. Also that AP lied about having geodata for the account creation. Yet again another op to try to destroy a GOP candidate coming from the media! And not the first time from AP either...
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2024, 01:29:19 AM »

Dolan very clearly has momentum. I am seeing signs of Trump folks going they respect him and Moreno but voting Dolan because he can win.

The high profile Democratic intervention almost seems designed to backfire given how publicized it was
what signs?

Mostly MAGA influencere on X stating they are fine Dolan and the priority is winning.  There are almost none of the usual attacks "Rino" just concern he might not get Trump votes for over the Indians name. It's an unusually restrained effort this weekend
I follow MAGA twitter and what you're seeing is NOT what I'm seeing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies