Two Voices
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 03:42:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Two Voices
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Which is louder to you?
The Crowd

The Cross

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Two Voices  (Read 8072 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2006, 02:25:37 PM »

He is one of them people who like to use the bible to make himself look good, but make others look bad.

I am still waiting for you to cite one example where I apply a certain passage to others but not myself.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2006, 02:26:04 PM »

Uh... you might want to tell your doctor about these 'voices.'
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2006, 07:31:31 PM »

Isn’t that common sense?

If I catch a buzz, I've had too much.  If my equilibrium is affected, or if my speech starts to slur, I’ve definitely had too much.  If my inhibitions are affected, I’ve had way too much.

For me a buzz would occur if I drink three beers within the first hour and half.  So I limit my drinking limit to 3 drinks or 1 drink per hour, whichever is the greatest. 

Example, if I were on a 10 hour fishing trip, I could conceivably consume 10 beers, one per hour.  But, since it is extremely rare that I would be drinking more than a couple of beers, I don’t attempt to control the rate at which I drink them since I am only having two.

If I am drinking something unfamiliar (unsure of the alcoholic content), then I would naturally drink slowly and stop as soon as I feel the calming effect, which for me, is a safe distance away from catching a buzz.

But, again, I believe this is common sense and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out how to drink in moderation.  For most people, getting drunk requires a conscious effort.

Well I've said it before, so I'll say it again.  Sharing a few beers with you would be about as fun as Chinese water torture.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2006, 06:48:15 AM »

Well I've said it before, so I'll say it again.  Sharing a few beers with you would be about as fun as Chinese water torture.

Well, bud, if you can't accept the fact that those drinking with you are only going to have two drinks before stopping, then you have a serious problem.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2006, 03:20:14 PM »

Perhaps, but being barraged with half an hour of Bible quotes to explain why you've stopped drinking would kind of kill the mood a little further.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2006, 03:27:51 PM »

JMFCST is absolutely correct.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2006, 03:43:24 PM »

On the contrary, you'd be pretty cool to share a beer with, SR.  I would actually enjoy your company. Smiley
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2006, 03:45:27 PM »

Perhaps, but being barraged with half an hour of Bible quotes to explain why you've stopped drinking would kind of kill the mood a little further.

First, I would simply order a Diet Coke after the first two beers without making any fuss over it, and most people wouldn't question why I stopped after two drinks.  The other reason why my explanation seems laborious is because I am having to explain the inner workings of having common sense.

My observation has been that most people stop after two drinks, whether they’re Christian or not.  If you’re drinking beer, two will usually fill you up.  If you’re drinking something sweet like a margarita, two of them will provide you with enough sugar to make your stomach think twice before having another.

It takes a conscious effort for someone of my weight (185 lbs) to get drunk.  And most people don’t bother going out of their way to get drunk.  Within the over-35-crowd, most occasions to drink are: dinner at home, happy hour at work, company party, or a friend’s party with many married couples.  In all these occasions, it would be considered very uncouth to get drunk.  If fact, I can’t think of the last time I witnessed any business associate or friend, Christian or otherwise, getting drunk.

Believe it or not, the vast majority of drinkers drink in moderation.
Reignman

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.65

« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2006, 05:46:27 PM »

Criss Cross Apple Sauce!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies