Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 05:14:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls  (Read 27206 times)
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« on: March 28, 2021, 06:38:17 PM »

The video made me bust ngl
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 07:20:06 PM »

Montero as a song sucks but the music video was hot. Lil Nas X can get it.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 08:27:05 PM »

People in this thread are literally defending "Satan shoes"?  Sure, it's within his First Amendment rights to promote these, but Christians must push back when it means the difference of where someone will spend eternity.

Quote from:  Matthew 12:30-32 (HCSB)
30 Anyone who is not with Me is against Me, and anyone who does not gather with Me scatters. 31 Because of this, I tell you, people will be forgiven every sin and blasphemy, but the blasphemy against[a] the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him. But whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the one to come.
As much as you want it I ain't going there BITCH
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 12:30:01 AM »

Christianity can blow me
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 06:20:25 PM »

Gov. Noem is in the right on this issue, and I give major props to BRTD for standing up for her in this thread against the waves of people attacking him for actually caring. Yeah, satanic shoes aren't the most pressing issue in the world. Still, nobody should be in the business of normalizing or rehabilitating Satan's image and society should not be treating this as if it were something perfectly normal. That this is being written off as not a big deal speaks directly to the profound spiritual malaise that this country faces.
You're right. Maybe they'll normalize and rehabilitate Darth Vader's image next.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 06:45:04 PM »

3. Musicians have been using “Satanic” imagery to be edgy for decades. I fail to see how Lil Nas X using it in an extremely campy, tongue-in-cheek music video that climaxes in him literally killing the Devil somehow says something especially grave about a moment of uniquely “profound spiritual malaise” the country is supposedly facing.

And that's stupid as hell, as is trying to be edgy in music. Good music doesn't have to be edgy and can stand on its own merits.

Entertainers gonna entertain. It clearly has resonated with a lot of viewers.

That just shows how lame people are. All the music I listen to is as edgy as a butter knife and yet it's still entertaining as hell. Like are these people actually not being entertained? (I was actually at this!)

You, nor anyone else, has an objective standard on what is and what isn't entertaining.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 10:54:26 PM »

Gov. Noem is in the right on this issue, and I give major props to BRTD for standing up for her in this thread against the waves of people attacking him for actually caring. Yeah, satanic shoes aren't the most pressing issue in the world. Still, nobody should be in the business of normalizing or rehabilitating Satan's image and society should not be treating this as if it were something perfectly normal. That this is being written off as not a big deal speaks directly to the profound spiritual malaise that this country faces.

Roll Eyes This sounds like 80's Suburban megachurch moms shrieking "won't someone think of the children?!?" in response to Ozzy Osbourne and Slayer.

Uh, what's the problem with that? Ozzy and Slayer suck. Now if that crowd had gone after say Minor Threat, I would have a problem with them.

Also seeing as how heavy metal music encouraged teen suicides I'd say the critics of it actually had a point...

Good God, are you truly that immune to catching a point with both hands Zach? This isn't about your insular self-absorbed monomania with emo music end which music is good or bad. Repeat, get it through your attention whoring skull, that is not the point. The point is Kristi noem is getting all the shade well-deserved of a state Governor getting into a Twitter war with a hip hop artist over dime-store Satanism.

And teenage suicides? Really dude? Why don't you and Tipper Gore go restart the pmrc? Seriously, I will repeat, this sounds exactly like some Suburban megachurch mom shrieking what about the children.

So sad BRTD. All conservative all the time now

Funnily the people who convinced me of the teen suicide thing were largely atheists, and not conservative at all. They were people I ran into when I first got into hardcore about 20 years ago now, and had a site explaining the evils of heavy metal and hip-hop music and why one shouldn't listen to any music besides punk/hardcore/emo/etc. You see in the 90s and early 00s there were some very close-knit groups of hardcore fans and show goers and people very dedicated to a certain "hardcore aesthetic" and way of life and extreme "purists" who thus were opposed to basically listening to literally any other style of music, some accused them of being almost cult-like...but they were VERY persuasive and welcoming. Those sort of sects had mostly dissolved by the time the Iraq War started, but they had a pretty big online presence prior. Well some adherents of one introduced me to hardcore and I reviewed their site. It was an awesome site and very convincing and I'd link to it if it still existed (I think it was on Geocities, LOL), but they made a very convincing case that heavy metal promotes suicide and negativity and that hip-hop glamorized things like violence and drugs and that hardcore was all positive and enriching to people. After that I vowed never to listen to heavy metal ever again. They were also vegan and straightedge though so they didn't convince me on those fronts lol. But yeah this was hardly a Tipper Gore or conservative thing, we're talking heavily tattooed mosh loving hardcore people.
I don't care how loud your music is or how many skinny white boys you have screaming about their feelings with tattoos, siding with Tipper Gore in the must obvious culture war con job is absolutely antithetical to the very foundation of punk.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 10:59:43 PM »

Roll Eyes This sounds like 80's Suburban megachurch moms shrieking "won't someone think of the children?!?" in response to Ozzy Osbourne and Slayer.

Uh, what's the problem with that? Ozzy and Slayer suck. Now if that crowd had gone after say Minor Threat, I would have a problem with them.

Also seeing as how heavy metal music encouraged teen suicides I'd say the critics of it actually had a point...

Good God, are you truly that immune to catching a point with both hands Zach? This isn't about your insular self-absorbed monomania with emo music end which music is good or bad. Repeat, get it through your attention whoring skull, that is not the point. The point is Kristi noem is getting all the shade well-deserved of a state Governor getting into a Twitter war with a hip hop artist over dime-store Satanism.

And teenage suicides? Really dude? Why don't you and Tipper Gore go restart the pmrc? Seriously, I will repeat, this sounds exactly like some Suburban megachurch mom shrieking what about the children.

Funnily the people who convinced me of the teen suicide thing were largely atheists, and not conservative at all. They were people I ran into when I first got into hardcore about 20 years ago now, and had a site explaining the evils of heavy metal and hip-hop music and why one shouldn't listen to any music besides punk/hardcore/emo/etc. You see in the 90s and early 00s there were some very close-knit groups of hardcore fans and show goers and people very dedicated to a certain "hardcore aesthetic" and way of life and extreme "purists" who thus were opposed to basically listening to literally any other style of music, some accused them of being almost cult-like...but they were VERY persuasive and welcoming. Those sort of sects had mostly dissolved by the time the Iraq War started, but they had a pretty big online presence prior. Well some adherents of one introduced me to hardcore and I reviewed their site. It was an awesome site and very convincing and I'd link to it if it still existed (I think it was on Geocities, LOL), but they made a very convincing case that heavy metal promotes suicide and negativity and that hip-hop glamorized things like violence and drugs and that hardcore was all positive and enriching to people. After that I vowed never to listen to heavy metal ever again. They were also vegan and straightedge though so they didn't convince me on those fronts lol. But yeah this was hardly a Tipper Gore or conservative thing, we're talking heavily tattooed mosh loving hardcore people.
I don't care how loud your music is or how many skinny white boys you have screaming about their feelings with tattoos, siding with Tipper Gore in the must obvious culture war con job is absolutely antithetical to the very foundation of punk.

It wasn't really so much siding with Tipper Gore as it was a co-belligerent thing, in this case trying to keep metal fans out of hardcore. Mind you metalheads of the era were also pretty adamant about keeping hardcore fans out of metal, so the feelings were mutual.
There's a lot of legitimate sh**t that punk fans can have grievances towards metalheads for. The musclebound macho image, the rampant misogyny, the dnd bullsh**t imagery. Thinking that Black Sabbath literally worshipped the devil and encouraged kids to kill themselves is not one of them. Jesus Christ you sound more like some wine mom Ed Sheeran listener than a f##cking punk.

Go ahead, post a music video that no one is going to listen to to show how hardcore your music taste is.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 11:08:26 PM »

It wasn't really so much siding with Tipper Gore as it was a co-belligerent thing, in this case trying to keep metal fans out of hardcore. Mind you metalheads of the era were also pretty adamant about keeping hardcore fans out of metal, so the feelings were mutual.
There's a lot of legitimate sh**t that punk fans can have grievances towards metalheads for. The musclebound macho image, the rampant misogyny, the dnd bullsh**t imagery. Thinking that Black Sabbath literally worshipped the devil and encouraged kids to kill themselves is not one of them. Jesus Christ you sound more like some wine mom Ed Sheeran listener than a f##cking punk.

Go ahead, post a music video that no one is going to listen to to show how hardcore your music taste is.

Are you at all familiar with the hardline movement or various hardcore subcultures that existed in that time frame? You're kind of comparing apples to oranges with your view of "punk". Punks at the time were totally all about sh!tting on metal with any reason they could find, even if otherwise lame people use those reasons.
Those people can blow me. I legitimately don't care. There is an underlying ethos and philosophy to punk. A fundamental rejection of authority, a genuine belief in egalitarianism, and a desire for a free and loving society based on human decency and objective truths. And if your hatred of metal and its fans supersedes your adherence to that then you aren't a real punk.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 11:12:29 PM »

Are you at all familiar with the hardline movement or various hardcore subcultures that existed in that time frame? You're kind of comparing apples to oranges with your view of "punk". Punks at the time were totally all about sh!tting on metal with any reason they could find, even if otherwise lame people use those reasons.
Those people can blow me. I legitimately don't care. There is an underlying ethos and philosophy to punk. A fundamental rejection of authority, a genuine belief in egalitarianism, and a desire for a free and loving society based on human decency and objective truths. And if your hatred of metal and its fans supersedes your adherence to that then you aren't a real punk.
That would probably exclude then support of Khrushchev and the Soviet Union. Which isn't surprising considering how East Germany treated those in its punk scene.
The user name choice is way more about my feelings towards cocaine than it is about my feelings towards Khrushchev.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 02:07:46 PM »

BREAKING: Nike got a restraining order on the company making these shoes. All further sales are banned. WE WON!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nike-restraining-order-lawsuit-lil-nas-x-mschf-satan-shoes/

HIP HIP HOORAH! HIP HIP HOORAH!

I bet some people are upset haha
Yaaaaayyyy! They made the scary shoes go away!
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2021, 02:33:59 PM »

BREAKING: Nike got a restraining order on the company making these shoes. All further sales are banned. WE WON!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nike-restraining-order-lawsuit-lil-nas-x-mschf-satan-shoes/

HIP HIP HOORAH! HIP HIP HOORAH!

I bet some people are upset haha

The fact that you care so much about a pair of shoes you don't want to buy is what's so amusing (and pathetic). Even most people posting in the thread were only doing so to express their surprise at the conservative outrage. It's not like most people were really invested in this dude's satan shoes or "supported" him because they were Satanists. Vast majority of people don't care about this, and you're celebrating like you accomplished something.

The vast majority of people don't care about things like "culturally appropriative hairstyles" or Katy Perry wearing a kimono or whatever either, but that doesn't stop some people from blowing up all over social media over that type of stuff.
So your response is to do the exact same thing?
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 07:40:32 AM »

I just found this again, and here is my response to Lil Nas X. (And of course it's awesome just for that sample at the beginning, one of the greatest movie exchanges of all time):

Lord of filth I rebuke you
Be prepared in season and out
For the wrath of the Almighty
Death is your destiny
And you're already dead
Pride goes before destruction
A haughty spirit before a fall
Relinquish the grasp on these lost souls
For their eyes will witness the truth
I will not conform to your ways anymore
The wages of sin is death
Satan we rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ
Slither away on your belly
Before heels hit your head
Spineless Coward

So what would be so awesome is when the band plays Furnace Fest this fall they change the "Satan we rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ" line to "Lil Nas X we rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ"! (Even the non-Christians in attendance will probably approve, since I expect that attendance will be >80% people born in the 80s so they all would hate his music anyway.)
I think Lil Nas X is used to being rebuked by groups of Christians.  This sh1t wouldn't phase any gay dude from the South much.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2021, 12:15:46 PM »

“When it ends look not in my hands for your life”??? Come on, man.
Yes because it's in the hands of God, not any person. Also how on Earth is Christian music edgy? Like what parents in the early 21st century would ban their teenager from listening to that?

Also kind of amusing how I'm being called homophobic now while I've also been called bigoted on this forum for boycotting Catholicism and supporting things like this largely due to its homophobic stances.
Boycotting the second gayest institution in human history isn't a good look sweetheart.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies