Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:07:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 51
Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 86044 times)
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: March 18, 2019, 09:29:42 PM »

Keep in mind that as soon as he posts policy proposals, no matter what they are, the people calling Beto an empty suit will call him either a corporatist sellout or a fake progressive.

There's no point in trying to argue with these people as if they were having a good faith discussion about Beto's platform.

obligatory I would vote for Bernie over Beto disclaimer
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #601 on: March 18, 2019, 10:12:49 PM »

I referenced this in another thread...But so many people are sort of acting as if Beto isn't capable of Policy details- just because he doesn't have camplete policy manual ready 3 days after his launch... Beto graduated from the same Ivy League University that Obama did- And Obama also started his campaign with more platitudes/ and filled in details as the campaign progressed.  So I think by the end of the campaign, similar to Obama/ Beto will be seen as very competent when it comes to policy manusha.

An empty suit like Beto is going to get thrashed.
Where is Bernie's issues page?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #602 on: March 18, 2019, 11:24:09 PM »

I referenced this in another thread...But so many people are sort of acting as if Beto isn't capable of Policy details- just because he doesn't have camplete policy manual ready 3 days after his launch... Beto graduated from the same Ivy League University that Obama did- And Obama also started his campaign with more platitudes/ and filled in details as the campaign progressed.  So I think by the end of the campaign, similar to Obama/ Beto will be seen as very competent when it comes to policy manusha.

This is an advantage that creatures of emotion like Beto, Obama, Macron, Trump, Di Maio, and a whole hoast of others across history, have over creatures of policy. To them, policy is a defensive weapon, used to deflect criticism from rivals, whereas creatures of policy need to use their platform as a offensive and defensive weapon. If the emotional candidate fails to navigate appropriately, they have nothing to stand on and loose all appeal. If they do route well, and it is rather easy to do, the emotional candidate can take a position popular with the voters late and convince you, through their emotion, that they always supported that position.

The thing is, we've seen the flaws with a platitudes-based candidate in this current environment. Hillary lost, Macron's administration is a complete clusterf***, and Trump has accomplished nothing other than giving tax cuts to the rich.

LOL at lumping together Macron with a racist ignoramus like Trump.
You Bernie bros don't even try to hide anymore how politically illiterate you are.

*sigh* Yet again, you completely miss the point.

Your point is that anyone who is to the right of Saint Bernie is a sellout and a fascist.

That's . . . not the point. You've missed it twice.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #603 on: March 18, 2019, 11:49:05 PM »

I am noticing this is coming from bitter Kamala supporters who thought she was going to glide to the nomination and anyone who stands in her way is every -ist and -icsm in the book. His “born to be in it” quote was so benign I rolled my eyes every time someone said it was peak white privilege. Uh... millions of people say they were born to do their job when they’re passionate about it. He literally said he was born to be a public servant. Some of these people are freaking nut jobs. They also keep saying no woman could launch without any policies.... there’s absolutely nothing about policy on Kamala’s page lol

Beto and Mayor Pete are the least problematic white men running. They need to stop tearing down allies because they are mad their fave isn’t setting the world on fire like she was supposed to.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #604 on: March 19, 2019, 02:05:28 AM »

This is always the point with you people.

Keep in mind that as soon as he posts policy proposals, no matter what they are, the people calling Beto an empty suit will call him either a corporatist sellout or a fake progressive.

There's no point in trying to argue with these people as if they were having a good faith discussion about Beto's platform.

obligatory I would vote for Bernie over Beto disclaimer

Exactly.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #605 on: March 19, 2019, 02:54:18 AM »

This is always the point with you people.

HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #606 on: March 19, 2019, 02:56:04 AM »

Well, the people saying he's an empty suit are obviously being disingenuous and are just butthurt that someone would dare pose a threat to Saint Bernard.

I like this poster ^^ Purple heart #Preach

An empty suit like Beto Booker is going to get thrashed.

FTFY. Need some Preparation H for that butthurt?

Beto Trump might be is the most repulsive person running, though it's hard to beat Booker at that game.

Focus, alleged "progressive." Beto is not the enemy: Putin's puppet in the White House is.

Triggered BernieBros are just about as deplorable as the MAGAtards.
SCNCmod

« Reply #607 on: March 19, 2019, 06:32:27 AM »

I can't wait for Joe & Mika to eat there words a bit regarding Beto... hopefully as soon as when polls taken this week come out on Sunday or Monday.  They are on Morning Joe today talking about Beto not getting a much of a bump in the MC Poll that came out yesterday that has Beto & Kamala tied in 3rd at 8%.  Yet they failed to mention that the poll was taken all last week- mostly before Beto's announcement mini tour & certainly before his fundraising numbers were released (which will most likely be his biggest catalyst in the polls thus far).  So we will have to wait & see, but I really hope he's up around 15% when the polls taken this week come out.  At any rate- he works harder than any candidate and has more of the X-factor in front of people than any candidate- those 2 taken together will almost ensure a steady rise- especially in Iowa & NH where he can literally meet enough voters over the next year to gain the votes needed to win or finish in the top 2 in the caucus/primary.  He is being far too underestimated... which may be a good thing in the long run.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #608 on: March 19, 2019, 06:37:37 AM »

There seems to be an interesting disconnect about Beto between the media and Democratic voters.  It seems like he’s being pretty well-received in Iowa and yet the media keeps using story headlines like “Beto O’Rourke’s Apology Tour” to describe his campaign thus far.  Not sure if this will last, but it’s something I’ve observed so far.
SCNCmod

« Reply #609 on: March 19, 2019, 06:46:23 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2019, 06:53:48 AM by SCNCmod »

Sherrod Brown was just on CNN talking positively about Beto (after they had a phone convo yesterday... Beto apparently called him yesterday to discuss several of Brown's policy initiatives on his way to Michigan & I think Ohio).  Brown said they had a good conversation and he liked him (after talking to him... which I think was his first interaction with Beto).  

That was a really smart move calling Sherrod Brown- and getting on his good side... and getting some policy advice from him. Because yesterday or Sunday (can't remember which) Brown was on CNN as speaking sort  of dismissive of Beto.  Where as today his was smiling and much more positive about Beto.  That's they type instinct and drive that I think will end up being the storyline of how Beto ended up winning the nomination (If he does in fact end up winning a year or so from now).
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #610 on: March 19, 2019, 06:52:07 AM »

Sherrod Brown was just on CNN talking positively about Beto (after they had a phone convo yesterday... Beto apparently called him yesterday to discuss several of Brown's policy initiatives on his way to Michigan & I think Ohio).  Brown said they had a good conversation and he liked him (after talking to him... which I think was his first interaction with Beto). 

That was a really smart move calling Sherrod Brown- and getting on his good side... and getting some policy advice from him.

If Beto can get Brown to support, or even endorse him by the time the first couple of debates roll around, it could be the momentum he needs to break out of the pack. The field is so divided that the support of party figures like Senators Brown, Casey, etc could be enough to elevate candidates into a uneasy first place.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #611 on: March 19, 2019, 07:55:27 AM »

Well, the people saying he's an empty suit are obviously being disingenuous and are just butthurt that someone would dare pose a threat to Saint Bernard.

Beto Trump might be is the most repulsive person running, though it's hard to beat Booker at that game.

Focus, alleged "progressive." Beto is not the enemy: Putin's puppet in the White House is.

Yet again, left-wingers are immediately forbidden from criticising a candidate. Seems to be a pattern.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #612 on: March 19, 2019, 07:56:42 AM »

There seems to be an interesting disconnect about Beto between the media and Democratic voters.  It seems like he’s being pretty well-received in Iowa and yet the media keeps using story headlines like “Beto O’Rourke’s Apology Tour” to describe his campaign thus far.  Not sure if this will last, but it’s something I’ve observed so far.

Apology Tour? Apology for what?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #613 on: March 19, 2019, 07:58:40 AM »

Oh probably some stupid morons saying it's some sort of apology for losing to Ted Cruz. They're probably the same people who think he's using this as a profile to rune for the Seante or governorship down the line.

Like I said, only stupid morons think this.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #614 on: March 19, 2019, 08:32:37 AM »

No1 cares if Brown endorses or not. Brown is drawing 0% in the polls, he has little support. Even if he had 20% support, that base & support is not transferrable. Support can't be transferred by Obama Sanders or Warren.
Dukakisite1988
Rookie

« Reply #615 on: March 19, 2019, 08:39:22 AM »

This is risky for him. If he has a Scott Walker style epic failure of a campaign then it is possible that he'll fade into obscurity and never be heard from again. He's actually not super-young either.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #616 on: March 19, 2019, 08:54:35 AM »

There are already O'Rourke signs around campus, which is, frankly, amazing given how far we are from even the first primaries.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #617 on: March 19, 2019, 09:21:36 AM »

Yet again, left-wingers are immediately forbidden from criticising a candidate. Seems to be a pattern.

lmao nobody is saying you're forbidden or criticizing a candidate, they're just saying your criticisms are weightless because you would criticize the color of socks he wears if you could.

Boy-cries-wolf complaints stop being taken seriously if you criticize everything somebody does no matter what it is. There are several really serious reasons to be Beto-skeptical but it's hard to believe that you guys are would ever be satisfied by anything he did. It reeks of bad faith. So why bother with your dumb rationalizations?
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #618 on: March 19, 2019, 09:27:31 AM »

Beto might be the most repulsive person running, though it's hard to beat Booker at that game.

Triggered BernieBros are just about as deplorable as preferable to the MAGAtards shills but are annoying as hell.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #619 on: March 19, 2019, 10:01:51 AM »

No1 cares if Brown endorses or not. Brown is drawing 0% in the polls, he has little support. Even if he had 20% support, that base & support is not transferrable. Support can't be transferred by Obama Sanders or Warren.
That $6.1 million opening day has you very threatened. LOL.

He said he was “born to be in it” and that his wife raises their kids sometimes with his help (it was a joke). Apparently a woman would NEVER be able to say that and it was white male privilege.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #620 on: March 19, 2019, 11:44:24 AM »

He said he was “born to be in it” and that his wife raises their kids sometimes with his help (it was a joke). Apparently a woman would NEVER be able to say that and it was white male privilege.

Oh dear, it's going to be a long campaign, isn't it?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #621 on: March 19, 2019, 12:20:17 PM »

Real question, when are we actually going to see Beto’s policies? Because right now the only indication are his blue dog endorsements (plus half of his support on here is from #bothsides moderate heroes, Republicans, and libertarians). I want to like Beto, but I really need to know what he’s running as first.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #622 on: March 19, 2019, 12:20:35 PM »

Beto visited my campus today (PSU), first primary visit to Pennsylvania of 2020.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #623 on: March 19, 2019, 12:21:44 PM »

Real question, when are we actually going to see Beto’s policies? Because right now the only indication are his blue dog endorsements (plus half of his support on here is from #bothsides moderate heroes, Republicans, and libertarians). I want to like Beto, but I really need to know what he’s running as first.
I notice you haven't asked where Harris', Klobuchar's, and Mayor Pete's platforms are.  I wonder why that is...
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #624 on: March 19, 2019, 12:22:43 PM »

Beto visited my campus today (PSU), first primary visit to Pennsylvania of 2020.
Did you go to the event?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies