Am I the only one who didn't know there was a Republican debate on TV tonight?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:00:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Am I the only one who didn't know there was a Republican debate on TV tonight?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Am I the only one who didn't know there was a Republican debate on TV tonight?  (Read 8078 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2007, 12:01:41 AM »

If the Democratic base is represented by people like Scoonie then why is Clinton leading instead of Edwards or Obama? Wink

Because people with Scoonie's ideological views typically lean towards Hillary.  The connection with the Internet and places like Daily Kos is what shifts his viewpoint towards Edwards or Obama.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2007, 12:04:30 AM »

Wait, so three questions = 2 hour debate?  I seem to recall a certain infamous tangent that could be made here, but there's no use going there.

It did during the MSNBC debate
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2007, 12:10:21 AM »

If the Democratic base is represented by people like Scoonie then why is Clinton leading instead of Edwards or Obama? Wink

Because people with Scoonie's ideological views typically lean towards Hillary.  The connection with the Internet and places like Daily Kos is what shifts his viewpoint towards Edwards or Obama.

...or possibly Iraq.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2007, 12:20:18 AM »

...or possibly Iraq.

Maybe, but much less so.  The Democratic party is so overwhelmingly opposed to the War in Iraq, Hillary wouldn't be pulling the numbers she is without getting a sizable portion anti-Iraq vote.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2007, 12:23:31 AM »

Maybe, but much less so.  The Democratic party is so overwhelmingly opposed to the War in Iraq, Hillary wouldn't be pulling the numbers she is without getting a sizable portion anti-Iraq vote.

Iowa Republicans are 52-39 against the war, and yet the top 5 candidates they support are warmongering pro-surge lunatics.
http://www.strategicvision.biz/political/iowa_poll_040407.htm

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2007, 12:58:11 AM »

Iowa Republicans are 52-39 against the war, and yet the top 5 candidates they support are warmongering pro-surge lunatics.

In all fairness, that is only one poll and I have a bit of a hard time believing those numbers.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2007, 02:29:36 PM »

An interesting debate! I laughed every time they mentioned Reagan. He really is the Republican Jesus... And Giuliani is a scumbag.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2007, 03:17:14 PM »

It's sad when candidates like Giuliani being so blatantently pro-torture actually helps them.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2007, 03:27:55 PM »

I really got that impression when Giuliani attacked Paul's explanation for 9/11 (which BTW is the terrorists' explanation themselves) as foolish.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2007, 08:03:16 PM »

I got your point the first 50 times you made it. (in other threads)

Besides, what does this have to with my comments about "national Democrats"?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2007, 11:40:38 PM »

I really got that impression when Giuliani attacked Paul's explanation for 9/11 (which BTW is the terrorists' explanation themselves) as foolish.

I got that impression too! It was a funny debate. Didn't Mike Huckabee mention something about John Edwards spends more money on his hair then his campaign or something?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2007, 07:06:55 PM »

I got that impression too! It was a funny debate. Didn't Mike Huckabee mention something about John Edwards spends more money on his hair then his campaign or something?

He said that Congress spends more money than John Edwards at a beauty parlor. Can't really say that isn't true.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies