Am I the only one who didn't know there was a Republican debate on TV tonight?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:41:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Am I the only one who didn't know there was a Republican debate on TV tonight?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: Am I the only one who didn't know there was a Republican debate on TV tonight?  (Read 8098 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2007, 10:30:49 PM »

On Fox News? Never going to happen.

I'm surprised that the democratic candidates are such chickens.

Guess they don't feel like being asked about why they hate America this year...but I agree that most of them (except maybe Gravel) don't have the balls that Paul has.

Is that not hypocritical? Republicans wen to a debate moderated by Chris Matthews, a proud Democrat, but Democrats can't evan go to a debate hosted by the people who are held by conservative-leaning people. At least Fox presents boh sides to their arguments, unlike the Big Three.

Uh how exactly does MSNBC, CNN, etc. not present both sides in a way Fox does?

Other than the intentionally quiet and rat like Alan Colmes, almost everyone on Fox is consevative.

At least on MSNBC they have Buchanan, Scarborough, Carlson, etc. as well as Olberman, Matthews, etc.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2007, 10:32:11 PM »

If Democrats can't speak to the other side (which is supposedly what Fox News represents), Scoonie, how are they going to show that they're any better than the present Republican president?

That is a meaningless question, Spade. It's not a matter of "speaking to the other side", it's matter of legitimatizing a news channel that lies about and slanders your party 24/7. Why would any self-respecting person have anything to do with them? I guess it's hard for conservatives to understand because they have nothing as an equivalent.

Democrats will have a ton of chances to "Speak to the other side" during the course of the general election. They don't need Fox News to facilitate it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2007, 10:32:21 PM »

On Fox News? Never going to happen.

I'm surprised that the democratic candidates are such chickens.

Guess they don't feel like being asked about why they hate America this year...but I agree that most of them (except maybe Gravel) don't have the balls that Paul has.

Is that not hypocritical? Republicans wen to a debate moderated by Chris Matthews, a proud Democrat, but Democrats can't evan go to a debate hosted by the people who are held by conservative-leaning people. At least Fox presents boh sides to their arguments, unlike the Big Three.

Chris Matthews? WTF? That man claimed that the Democrats were anti-Italian for opposing Alito. The media is conservative leading, not just Faux News.

As long as the Republicans don't have a MoveOn.org debate, I see no reason for the Democrats to have a Faux News debate.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2007, 10:32:25 PM »

Because Democrats want to unite America, right?

No, because Fox News is the media arm of the Republican party. They treat Democrats with zero respect, so why should Democrats respect them?

It makes zero sense for Democrats to pay any attention to Fox News. Their viewers are 90% Republican, and other 10% are mainly solid Democrats who watch for entertainment purposes only.

Well, even assuming that your flawed logic is correct, then doesn't that just show that Democrats can't/don't want to try to talk tot he other side?
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2007, 10:34:07 PM »

I feeling that the quality of this thread is about to decline quite rapidly.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2007, 10:34:27 PM »

Well, even assuming that your flawed logic is correct, then doesn't that just show that Democrats can't/don't want to try to talk tot he other side?

Why do they need Fox News to "talk to other side"? There are a million other media outlets that reach Republicans as well.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2007, 10:34:33 PM »

Ron Paul lost the debate in a big way and anyone who says otherwise is an ignorant ass.  It's no wonder we a libertarian can't get elected if he is the best they can come up with.

Even if you say he had courage in making that anti-interventionist statement, he did absolutely nothing to defend his position or sway voters.  His internet fan clubs should come up with someone less senile and less crazy.

I guess I'm an ass but I'm not ignorant. I know MSM will declare Giuliani the winner. Paul was right though about why 9/11 came to be.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2007, 10:35:22 PM »

Anytime Fox News is mentioned in a thead, it gives the conservatives on this board another chance to bash Democrats.

Did you expect anything different?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2007, 10:36:13 PM »

You should know that the longer a thread goes on, the closer the chance of a thread comes to going to Hell =1
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2007, 10:37:03 PM »

Anytime Fox News is mentioned in a thead, it gives the conservatives on this board another chance to bash Democrats.

Did you expect anything different?

No, everytime Fox News is mentioned in a thread it give the Dems a chance to bash Fox News
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2007, 10:37:08 PM »

It goes both ways.

Anyway, Duncan Hunter pretty much just said on FNC that Muslims should love us because of what we did to Kuwait during the first Gulf War.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2007, 10:38:19 PM »

No, everytime Fox News is mentioned in a thread it give the Dems a chance to bash Fox News

No, it was your side who keeps brining up that the Democrats finally got a clue and aren't going to debate on a Republican propaganada outlet like Faux News. They'll merely be debating on right leaning networks like CNN or ABC instead.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2007, 10:38:36 PM »

If Democrats can't speak to the other side (which is supposedly what Fox News represents), Scoonie, how are they going to show that they're any better than the present Republican president?

That is a meaningless question, Spade. It's not a matter of "speaking to the other side", it's matter of legitimatizing a news channel that lies about and slanders your party 24/7. Why would any self-respecting person have anything to do with them? I guess it's hard for conservatives to understand because they have nothing as an equivalent.

Democrats will have a ton of chances to "Speak to the other side" during the course of the general election. They don't need Fox News to facilitate it.

Well, then let me ask you the relevant corollary to this question.  If certain Republicans believe that CNN lies and slanders about their party 24/7, does this also give them a right to essentially "stick the middle finger up at CNN"?

And how, in the end, does this help the quality of debate in this country and relations between those people who prefer to watch CNN and those who prefer to watch FOX.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2007, 10:39:24 PM »

Anyway, Duncan Hunter pretty much just said on FNC that Muslims should love us because of what we did to Kuwait during the first Gulf War.

Muslims should license Hunter's patented super fence technologies to build a fence to keep the US out.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2007, 10:39:34 PM »

No, it was your side who keeps brining up that the Democrats finally got a clue and aren't going to debate on a Republican propaganada outlet like Faux News. They'll merely be debating on right leaning networks like CNN or ABC instead.

No need for me to post when you just keep proving my points for me.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2007, 10:39:53 PM »

We have actual examples to support our arguments though. We can show screenshots of Mark Foley being labeled (D-FL) or of Democrats being misquoted or Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly calling Democrats childish names or shouting people down.

You guys can never do the same. You never had concrete examples to back your claims up.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2007, 10:40:08 PM »

Paul is on right now, lets see what happens....
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2007, 10:41:21 PM »

Paul on Fox News now. Colmes hitting him from the left now on Libertarianism and abortion.

Hannity coming from the right on the Giuliani comment.

In Fox News' poll, Brownback at 1%, Thompson on 0%.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2007, 10:41:38 PM »

Why do they need Fox News to "talk to other side"? There are a million other media outlets that reach Republicans as well.

Well, if the Fox News audience is 90% Republican, as you claim, then there is no better outlet for the Democrats to exploit if they really want reachout to Republican voters.  The only thing better woudl be an 8-way shoot out with Rush Limbaugh as the moderator.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2007, 10:41:45 PM »

Well, then let me ask you the relevant corollary to this question.  If certain Republicans believe that CNN lies and slanders about their party 24/7, does this also give them a right to essentially "stick the middle finger up at CNN"?

Yes, they do have that right. Although I have yet to see an example of CNN doing any of those things.

And how, in the end, does this help the quality of debate in this country and relations between those people who prefer to watch CNN and those who prefer to watch FOX.

If you want to help the quality of debate in this country, point your criticism towards Fox News. No media outlet has ever done more to destroy meaningful political debate.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2007, 10:42:02 PM »

We have actual examples to support our arguments though. We can show screenshots of Mark Foley being labeled (D-FL) or of Democrats being misquoted or Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly calling Democrats childish names or shouting people down.

You guys can never do the same. You never had concrete examples to back your claims up.

Hey, now, Faux isn't the only one to do that.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2007, 10:42:27 PM »

Oh, here's Hannity who automatically goes on the defensive and keeps glancing to the camera...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2007, 10:42:36 PM »

[Chris Matthews] was also one of the leading cheerleaders for the Iraq War up until 2005.

Huh?  Are you sure you're not confusing him with someone else?  As an occasional watcher of Hardball for several years, I'm pretty sure Matthews has been against the war from the begining....though he may have gotten more vocal about it recently.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2007, 10:43:08 PM »

Well, if the Fox News audience is 90% Republican, as you claim, then there is no better outlet for the Democrats to exploit if they really want reachout to Republican voters.

Those people are going to vote Republican  no matter what. It is futile trying to reach them.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2007, 10:43:22 PM »

I just wish Paul got more pissed when Giuliani absurdly asked him to retract his statement but I guess he is too level headed a fellow.

Didn't see the debate, my last week of bowling and then the Shield was on.  Surprised Paul didn't make any mention of Rudy putting the Emergency Command Center in the WTC after the 1st attack after Rudy's swipe on him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies