Am I the only one who didn't know there was a Republican debate on TV tonight?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 06:24:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Am I the only one who didn't know there was a Republican debate on TV tonight?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Am I the only one who didn't know there was a Republican debate on TV tonight?  (Read 8123 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2007, 10:43:26 PM »

Well, even assuming that your flawed logic is correct, then doesn't that just show that Democrats can't/don't want to try to talk tot he other side?

Why do they need Fox News to "talk to other side"? There are a million other media outlets that reach Republicans as well.

Well, if the Fox News audience is 90% Republican, as you claim, then there is no better outlet for the Democrats to exploit if they really want reachout to Republican voters.  The only thing better woudl be an 8-way shoot out with Rush Limbaugh as the moderator.

Why should lying Republican pundits get to host a Democratic debate, and try to make the Democrats look bad, just like they did in 2004? Huh? Your argument is bullsh**t.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2007, 10:44:14 PM »

Huh?  Are you sure you're not confusing him with someone else?  As an occasional watcher of Hardball for several years

No, I'm not confusing him with someone else. He was a huge Bush supporter until early 2005 and also supported his Iraq War policy.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2007, 10:44:17 PM »

Hannity wouldn't let Paul answer his question....WEIRD.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »

They are treating Paul like they would treat any Democrat.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2007, 10:45:17 PM »

If you want to help the quality of debate in this country, point your criticism towards Fox News. No media outlet has ever done more to destroy meaningful political debate.

Why don't all of us meet in the middle and say that Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and ABC have all destroyed meaningful political debate by becoming infotainment instead of doing their function of telling us what is actually going on in government.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2007, 10:46:01 PM »

They are treating Paul like they would treat any Democrat.

To be fair though, Brit Hume is no Sean Hannity.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2007, 10:46:28 PM »

But, but, but......CNN Is liberal!!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2007, 10:46:59 PM »

[Chris Matthews] was also one of the leading cheerleaders for the Iraq War up until 2005.

Huh?  Are you sure you're not confusing him with someone else?  As an occasional watcher of Hardball for several years, I'm pretty sure Matthews has been against the war from the begining....though he may have gotten more vocal about it recently.

I'm pretty sure he was pro-war at the beginning like the rest of the so called media.

I just wish Paul got more pissed when Giuliani absurdly asked him to retract his statement but I guess he is too level headed a fellow.

Didn't see the debate, my last week of bowling and then the Shield was on.  Surprised Paul didn't make any mention of Rudy putting the Emergency Command Center in the WTC after the 1st attack after Rudy's swipe on him.

Paul is a Republican after all. We can't expect him to do all of our work for us.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2007, 10:47:26 PM »

Well, if the Fox News audience is 90% Republican, as you claim, then there is no better outlet for the Democrats to exploit if they really want reachout to Republican voters.

Those people are going to vote Republican  no matter what. It is futile trying to reach them.

1) Its good to see that the Democrats have such confidence in their ideas.

2) The whole idea of "reaching out" is to try to appeal to people who disagree with you.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2007, 10:47:39 PM »

Why don't all of us meet in the middle and say that Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and ABC have all destroyed meaningful political debate by becoming infotainment instead of doing their function of telling us what is actually going on in government.

I agree that they all suck, but Fox News is about 100X worse than the others.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2007, 10:47:44 PM »

Hannity is really grinding his teeth saying that Paul won and keeps having to declare that he doesn't believe that he won.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2007, 10:48:45 PM »

2) The whole idea of "reaching out" is to try to appeal to people who disagree with you.

It is useless trying to reach you on this issue, Soulty. If Democrats had a Fox News equivalent, you'd understand.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2007, 10:49:03 PM »

If you want to help the quality of debate in this country, point your criticism towards Fox News. No media outlet has ever done more to destroy meaningful political debate.

The Republicans aren't going to agree to that.

Well, if the Fox News audience is 90% Republican, as you claim, then there is no better outlet for the Democrats to exploit if they really want reachout to Republican voters.

Those people are going to vote Republican  no matter what. It is futile trying to reach them.

Faux isn't a legitimate news organization. How come the Republicans aren't debating on MoveOn?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2007, 10:49:15 PM »

Hannity is really grinding his teeth saying that Paul won and keeps having to declare that he doesn't believe that he won.

Hannity's head must be about ready to explode.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2007, 10:49:55 PM »

It is useless trying to reach you on this issue, Soulty. If Democrats had a Fox News equivalent, you'd understand.

There's DailyKos and Moreon.org and Salon.com. Somehow those and Republican debate don't go so well together.

Well, except that those are usually more accurate.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2007, 10:50:01 PM »

Because he didn't.  This isn't exactly a sceintific poll.  And, for the second time, anytime libertarians have a chance to spam a poll or something else, they do it x10.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2007, 10:50:09 PM »

Libertarianism is about as far away from neoconservatism as you can get in the Republican Party. Smiley

Suck it Hannity. Your poll's skewed, you know it, but know you can't say it on air because it would devolve what little legitimacy your dumb poll had.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2007, 10:50:30 PM »

Faux isn't a legitimate news organization. How come the Republicans aren't debating on MoveOn?

That's really the most accurate comparison. If the Republicans will do a Moveon.org debate, we'd do a Fox News debate.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2007, 10:51:17 PM »

I'm not even a Paul fan but to just write off someone's ideas the way they are doing to Paul is just ludicrous. I'm hoping that he pulls in 10% in NH.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2007, 10:51:54 PM »

Maybe you are right, my .05 S 1.04 E Politcal score would seem to clearly suggest that I am way to far to the Right to comprehend bias when I see it.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2007, 10:52:38 PM »

I'm not even a Paul fan but to just write off someone's ideas the way they are doing to Paul is just ludicrous.

Now imagine if every member of your party (not named Joe Lieberman) got treated that same way all the time.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2007, 10:52:49 PM »

I'm not even a Paul fan but to just write off someone's ideas the way they are doing to Paul is just ludicrous. I'm hoping that he pulls in 10% in NH.

He'll probably do a decent number. New Hampshire's a pretty libertarian state already, not to mention the Free State Project.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2007, 10:53:31 PM »

Because he didn't.  This isn't exactly a sceintific poll.  And, for the second time, anytime libertarians have a chance to spam a poll or something else, they do it x10.

I didn't say that I thought that Paul actually won the debate or that the poll wasn't "spammed", my statements are a more of reflection of Hannity. I do think it's quite unfair to write off Paul like that though.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2007, 10:54:27 PM »

There's DailyKos and Moreon.org and Salon.com. Somehow those and Republican debate don't go so well together.

Well, except that those are usually more accurate.

I'm sorry that your candidates are acctually so scared of Fox that they won't even go there to debate.  Doesn't set up a good precedent shoudl they have to face down terrorist of North Korea in a few years.  Then again, I find a strage resemblance between Kim Jong Il and Sean Hannity, so maybe it is understandable.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2007, 10:54:57 PM »

And Hannity continues to twist Paul's words and cry about a poll where the voters TEXT MESSAGE their vote.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies