Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:49:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 25159 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2019, 01:46:50 PM »

Yes.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2019, 01:48:29 PM »

Yes
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2019, 02:17:38 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2019, 01:07:35 AM by PSOL »

We only need politicalmasta73 to vote to get to 100% turnout. I will be making a speech around 1 AM central time to put out the full rollout of the union. I will be explaining our goals for Atlasia and the organization at large, as well as installing interim heads of our network. Stay tuned.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2019, 01:15:01 AM »

The polls have been closed. We have a 6-0 yes vote on the new A.C.L.O statutes.

Great job folks, we’ll wrap up on the first assembly sometime tomorrow with a prepared statement.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2019, 01:10:04 PM »

Hello fellow A.C.L.O members! Today we celebrate the immense success of reforming this grand organization into something anew. I know many of you are excited about this venture, but I urge you to hold any and all applause till the very end or unless otherwise stated.

I would like to start out by bringing mention to our previous head, the honorable Prolocutor Bagel23. He set the foundations for this union, along with the other original member, politicalmasta73. Please, before we begin with policy, give these folks a nice round of applause.

(You May now 👏)

Now, on to business. While it may seem like Atlasia is worker friendly if one looks blindly, be wary of the facade that the elite have casted down. Atlasia still contains unacceptable levels of poverty, homelessness, wage theft, and unsafe working conditions. The very purpose of this union is to root out such malignant influences to create a fairer, less stratified society. We accept anyone and everyone, being in solidarity with the world. After all, our gains are in tandem with the world in this globalized and increasingly dynamic society.

Our goals for Atlasia is to introduce workplace democracy so as to make sure the gains are fairly distributed, and not pushed mostly to the 1%. We will fight for justice anywhere, by not falling into the trap of turning onto one another as some would like it. Not only will we fight for our rights, but we must be prepared to survive this century by making employers not give out to pollution this earth, supporting catastrophic wars, promote austerity, all in the while as they flee to the moon to root is the bill. To do so, we need action!

I’m putting it out there that we are a proactive union, not just going to communicate and engage in electoralism. We will fight for our rights with industrial action if need be.

To do any of these goals, we need to split the workload. As your humble chairman, I will be engaging in national communication with politicians, watch our internal elections, maintain internal communications, and organize our general strikes. We need however candidates for our internal organs for dealing with issues in specific sectors, as well as a Press Secretary informing us of information relating to national orders and legislation as well as conducting interviews as the face of the union. I’m accepting any requests to be on the ballot for the next National Assembly, till then, I’ll take care of these matters.

We need to move quickly now that we have some momentum. To put it bluntly, we are few in membership and activity compared to the Atlasian Campaign for Life, GOA, and are few in membership to the more inactive NGOs. We need to move fairly quickly, so with that I am ending this assembly. I bid you all adou as we continue the good fight for the working class.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2019, 04:08:18 PM »

Sorry I could not vote, would have been a yes anyway though.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2019, 05:05:30 PM »

You know what, why not.

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2019, 07:09:37 PM »

Welcome! Do you want to run or act as an interim pick for any position? Remember folks, we got some time before the next assembly (2 weeks or so).
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2019, 07:18:04 PM »

Welcome! Do you want to run or act as an interim pick for any position?

Thanks, but I'd rather not.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2019, 07:49:56 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2019, 01:52:55 PM by PSOL »

A.C.L.O Endorsements for June 4-8, 2019

We the A.C.L.O endorse the following candidates for higher office.

National
June Presidential Election: Adam Griffin/Jimmy7812

Lincoln
N/A

The South
N/A

Fremont
N/A

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading

National
HB 18-17: George Soros Day Act
Grading: F
We at the A.C.L.O are appalled that such a bill managed to move to voting procedure. The multi- billionaire George Soros should not be commemorated in Atlasia. From breaking the Bank of England, to his usage of the Citizens United initiative, he represents everything wrong with the modern global system. The bill, along with others commemorating wealthy individuals who game the system with legal loopholes, should not be even considered to come to fruition.

HB 18-26: Recognition of Labor Act
Grading: A F
The Republic of Atlasia has for countless decades tried to marginalize the important turningstone of Labor history on its own shore, something widely celebrated without shame worldwide; of course I’m referring to the Pullman Strike of the late 1800’s. Widely viewed as the correct date for Labor, instead our leaders made up a new date to make us forget the struggles of the past. The A.C.L.O would like to clarify that late is better than never in our support for this bill.
After more careful inspection, the bill is a secret Right-To-Work poison pill that inhibits this very organization.

SB 18-08: Woke Worker Protection Act
Grading: A
The Bill provides various protections to workers across many different situations in an effective manner. Firstly, it provides breastfeeding women the freedom to have their equipment at hand, a very needed act considering some jobs with on-site daycares. It moves then further to legitimize industrial action by the institutionalization of whistleblowing and striking. The Senate bill is what is the expectation to come out of the national scene.

SB 18-08: Dumb Regulations Repeal Act 16-17
Grading: D
The pending legislation is a very varied piece that affects many industries. It decriminalizes unnecessary regulations on interpersonal acts of love and fun on government property in clauses 11 and 12. It also allows countless qualified pilots to remain and be on the job for section 14-15, among other necessary repeals and modifications. Where it falls flat, however, harms not only the safety of the workers but also of countless lives not calculated beforehand by the drafters. Specifically, clause 18 dangerously increases the hours of work for airway patrol by two hours. What may seem minor is actually a massive shift considering the immense concentration and stamina needed to coordinate such matters. The modification could put an unacceptable number of lives at risk. Going further, clause 40 puts immense strain on employees by filling up the parking spaces for non-authorized personnel in an already tight parking space. Finally, perhaps the most egregious and damaging change is found in clause 55. Due to the immense stratification, gentrification, and urban sprawl affecting the numerous and spread out cities in this Republic—such action would be immensely damaging to the mechanisms protecting our working families from rent pricing abuse and providing affordable housing. All in all, this bill very much is a major detriment to the financial stability of millions of Atlasian families.

SR: Fiscal Year Spending Resolution
Grading: B
The resolution adds much needed clarification and efficiency to the financials of Atlasia by providing a time table for implementation of Resolutions. An apparent criticism is the length of time before the implementation of these resolutions; a whole fiscal year seems excessive for implementing key legislation. A more preferable alternative is to make resolutions take into effect a Bi-annually.

Lincoln
L.C. 2.25: Keep the Workplace Safe Act
The legislation in the Lincoln chamber provides common sense in the protection of the safety, privacy, and dignity of Lincolns’ Workers’. It provides well thought out anti-harassment laws into standard application region-wide. Discrimination in the workplace and other toxic behavior would be curtailed while workers can have the right to keep corporations accountable in making them give them their rights as a human being. The solidness of this bill is wholeheartedly supported by the A.C.L.O.

The South
N/A

Fremont
N/A

*Notes: the formatting of these reports are subject to change in an undefined time scale. N/A = not available, either from no bill being there to time constraints.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2019, 07:54:48 PM »

Nice work with the endorsements and grading the bills! This is how the civilian scene should actually look like.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2019, 08:01:49 PM »

Nice work with the endorsements and grading the bills! This is how the civilian scene should actually look like.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2019, 08:11:45 PM »

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2019, 09:13:00 PM »

Psol is doing an amazing job, but I disagree with his endorsement system, rather than giving candidates grades. This would make then process less partisan, and encourage politicians to fight for ACLO interests.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2019, 09:17:02 PM »

Psol is doing an amazing job, but I disagree with his endorsement system, rather than giving candidates grades. This would make then process less partisan, and encourage politicians to fight for ACLO interests.
I will be aware of this at the next round of (insert bulletin name). Either way I would’ve given him an A.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2019, 01:07:09 AM »

x JGibson
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2019, 01:30:42 AM »

I must say I'm extremely impressed by the actions of this Group so far. Though of course I disagree on a great many political grounds, the conduct itself is outstanding. The legislative grading in particular is a shining example of how Atlasian pressure groups should be functioning, and I do hope other or future groups will live up to these standards.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2019, 12:04:21 PM »

Emegency A.C.L.O Notice

HB 18-29: Your Employees Must Be Citizens Act
Fellow members, I urge you to fight this bill in any form you can. The fact of the matter is that this bill prevents naturalized residents; Green Card holders, Asylum members, permitted temporary workers, and undocumented immigrants from holding occupations. The vague language could harm a host of many hardworking Atlasian residents, ultimately resulting in their expulsion from their hard earned jobs. The most egregious of this whole debacle is that our fellow A.C.L.O member(s) have supported this measure. I cannot stress that such a measure will not affect Atlasian citizens wages, only punishing the various groups in Atlasia not yet acquiring that status. I urge for this bill to be defeated or we will take solidarity in industrial action.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2019, 12:30:38 PM »

Emegency A.C.L.O Notice

Fellow members, I urge you to fight this bill in any form you can. The fact of the matter is that this bill prevents naturalized residents; Green Card holders, Asylum members, permitted temporary workers, and undocumented immigrants from holding occupations. The vague language could harm a host of many hardworking Atlasian residents, ultimately resulting in their expulsion from their hard earned jobs. The most egregious of this whole debacle is that our fellow A.C.L.O member(s) have supported this measure. I cannot stress that such a measure will not affect Atlasian citizens wages, only punishing the various groups in Atlasia not yet acquiring that status. I urge for this bill to be defeated or we will take solidarity in industrial action.
What in this bill prevents legal immigrants from obtaining jobs with the government and its contractors? My understanding of the bill is that it only bars those who are illegally in Atlasia?
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2019, 12:48:48 PM »

Emegency A.C.L.O Notice

The bill's title is unfortunate, and should probably be changed, but nothing in the bill implies that anyone other than undocumented immigrants is affected. Also note that with the Come Out of the Shadows Act, undocumented immigrants have been given the opportunity to apply for conditional nonimmigrant visas that authorize them to work and travel. That act was passed in early 2017, so any illegal immigrants residing in Atlasia have been given ample time to gain legal status.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2019, 01:03:55 PM »

I take full responsibility for the mishap of not seeing the first clause fully. Even so, I urge the framers to take care into the titling and put in provisions so as to deter unfair termination of employment for undocumented individuals.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2019, 08:55:32 AM »

x thumb21
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2019, 05:09:36 PM »

A.C.L.O Legislative Grading

National
SB 18-08: Woke Worker Protection Act
The Bill provides various protections to workers across many different situations in an effective manner. Firstly, it provides breastfeeding women the freedom to have their equipment at hand, a very needed act considering some jobs with on-site daycares. It moves then further to legitimize industrial action by the institutionalization of whistleblowing and striking. The Senate bill is what is the expectation to come out of the national scene.

I would just point out that Atlasia already has a dedicated organization founded on the principle of protecting workers and guaranteeing their right to organize: it's called the Labor Party.

Woke Worker Protection Act Final Vote:

I hope the A.C.L.O. will take notice of which Party voted against a bill that the A.C.L.O. gave an A rating to ...
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2019, 07:13:08 PM »

I hope the A.C.L.O. will take notice of which Party voted against a bill that the A.C.L.O. gave an A rating to ...
The issue founded was in
No federal employer, private employer contracting with the federal government, public employer receiving federal funds, or private employer in interstate commerce shall be permitted to deduct contributions to a third-party from employee paychecks without the affirmative consent of the employee or any equitable remedy including but not limited to garnishment awarded by a federal, Regional, or State court with appropriate jurisdiction.
Which seemed like a way to sneak in Right-to-Work, as Unions could have been affected as a “third party”. A revised edition would be more likely to pass. I thank that other members had a keener eye to see this major flaw.

It should be noted that the Labor party truly fell short on the Dumb Regulations repeal 16-17 and even in the Soros day vote. I would have liked the applicable Labor members to have moved to strike the more questionable sections before the vote, or be more split on the matter. On a more serious note, I am more concerned with the latter bill. JGibson, as a member of the A.C.L.O., I demand an immediate explanation for the latter decision in possibly codifying worship of the elite in Atlasia.

On other news, I would like to stress that as a an incredibly transparent, democratically run organization, it is necessary for everyone to respond to the PM’s. So far, I believe only tack50 has done soI also would like to know if there are any volunteers to run for the various open positions stipulated in the union charter? To the more recent members who didn’t receive a PM, I urge the older members to share with them the messages at this time.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2019, 04:56:07 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2019, 01:03:33 PM by PSOL »

A.C.L.O Notice for June 9th, 2019

The situation in Atlasia has shifted drastically in the run up to the Presidential Campaign. In this short time, our rights have zigzagged in this unpredictable environment. With any action that does occur, and no matter the outcome, the A.C.L.O. needs to act quickly for the protection and further progression of our values to help the Atlasian people.

Going into the elections in Atlasia, troubling developments are emerging. It seems that no candidate has offered to provide clear and detailed policy planks on workers’ rights. The fact remains troubling even though the A.C.L.O. has endorsed the Adam Griffin/A.C.L.O. Member Jimmy7812 for the Oval Office. On the Federalist end, while they have been willing to provide a start on PTO with an executive order, other areas of concern keep arising with the tiebreaker on problematic legislation brought forth by Vice President Lumine, and the fact that the major possible nominees for both the Federalist and the Atlasian Conservative Party are keen on pushing the clock back to the Gilded Age on the rights of workers.

Furthermore, with voting on the previously graded legislation at its end, it can be said that the note fell flat. While the Atlasian representatives rejected billionaire celebrity worship in the George Soros Day Act, and our nation finally got on track on acknowledging May Day as the rightful day of labor, other areas of interest went against the interests of the people in Atlasia. The Dumb Regulations Repeal Act 16-17 was approved without notice of the wider Labor Party. No care was given to the overworked air patrol workers who manage the tedious work or managing our aerial infrastructure to run smoothly and safely. More seriously, the vague wording of the Woke Worker Protection Act acts to suppress the working people’s right to organize without the approval of various levels of government. We the A.C.L.O. must move to act against this affront to our ability to fight for the common Atlasian,  with increasing likelihood that Industrial action must be taken if the authorities don’t give a clear, affirming action.

Of course, none of this can be addressed with the current state of the union. Key positions are left unfilled even with the growing membership in the A.C.L.O. A factor in this is the lack of structure in the union as a whole, with little organization established in the union. Partly this can be explained by a lack of communication between members on where we should head with several major actions. So on that point, I say that we should begin putting in these mechanisms into our new charter. I would also like suggestions on other improvements to this union. To do so, I need this democratically run organization’s input from its members. So what do you all want to see at the next National Assembly held on Wednesday? What should be voted upon? Whose going to step up over the fray here?

I hope to see you all there at the next National Assembly, whose registration period is now open for the next 48 hours.

Registration List:
Pericles*
Jimmy7812
PSOL
OneJ*
ON Progressive*
Bagel23
tack50
HenryWallaceVP

*Visitor (subject to change)

Races
Chair- PSOL