Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:06:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24705 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2018, 04:08:58 AM »
« edited: January 29, 2020, 09:42:34 PM by Bagel23 »

Current Roster:

Co Chairs : Bagel23 and Elcaspar

ICO Head: Politicalmasta73

United Farmworkers Head: Jimmy7812

AST Head: JGibson

CCCE Head: Sestak

Foodstuffs Union Head: Bagel23

Press Secretary: Elcaspar

Henry Wallace

YE

Deeply Disturbing

Pericles

Ontario Progressive

OneJ

Ishan

Scott

Peanut

MB

Pragmatist_TNAG

S019

Lakigigar

Peebs

Weatherboy1102

Arjavrawal

BP1202

Greetings fellow Atlasians. Today I am announcing the formation of a new Atlasian labor union, The Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O). It will seek to both endorse and disapprove of candidates and legislation, represent the interests of the working class, help create and advise legislation, if possible maybe grow in members (which if it did would be run by a sort of informal democratic system), and may experiment with other undertakings in the future. I know I have run for office three times and been rejected all three, but I am still determined to try to make Atlas a better place for all of us. While I have retired from running in any near future Atlasian electoral contests as well as left the voter roles, I would still like to be involved in the Atlasian political sphere. I thought I was alone at first in the frustration of tight-knit old timers retaining most of the nooks and crannies in the Atlasian political sphere, but I have heard several others express this sentiment of being shut out, especially defacto turning away most new blood that tries to enter the Atlasian political sphere. I think a broader mission for all of us should be to try and change this culture, since we could definitely use new ideas, faces, and activities. I have been mulling this over for half a year now, and decided to just finally do it. This will be a place, no matter how small or insignificant it may be, where outsiders and newcomers are welcome to join and get involved, even if just a little. Because everyone deserves a chance.

With this, I present the first official great seal of The Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations:

With that, as the first member, I will take the ACLO Pledge and sign it below:

I pledge to seek to always uphold the values and interests of the working class, have good intentions at heart, stand with my fellow union brethren in times of need, and to endeavor towards both my best yield in my occupation and uniting together to craft a better world,

So help me God,

With that, becoming the first member, there is no one else, so I become the first Prolocutor of the ACLO, Prolocutor Bagel23.

Thank you, and take care.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 04:27:45 AM »

First order of business, the ACLO endorses "FT 8-03: The Public Domain of Online Movies and Music Act" currently underway in the Fremont legislature. It helps level the playing field by providing affordable and quality entertainment to our citizens and ends the trivial de jure illegality of this matter. Even a penny spent fighting or prosecuting these so called "crimes" is a shame and a waste of the funds of the dollars of the taxpayers. The internet is a free and open society of its own, and no government need take responsibility of protecting intellectual property in a place that they hardly have any jurisdiction in. This needs to be made the responsibility of content creators, and take away the headache, red tape, unrealistic expectations, and even one more penny of the taxes of the working class spent on attempting to regulate this content. The ACLO urges all Fremont legislature members to give working families a break both through reduced red tape as well as save their tax money from being spent on more futile attempts to stop not even close to quasi "crimes", by voting for "FT 8-03: The Public Domain of Online Movies and Music Act".

Thank you for your consideration.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 01:06:37 AM »

Good evening Atlasia. The ACLO has decided to give the stamp of disapproval towards "S.18.21: Regional Anthem Act Act". The notion on its own right stands well, but not with the proposed anthem. Using a pre-made song of a silly and undignified nature does not accurately represent the South or it's proud working class families. The song also egregiously fails to give mention or commend the backbone of this region in even one line, working class families. The ACLO cannot remain in good conscience without speaking out and opposing this trivial suggested supplement to a great idea. The ACLO urges the new Southern Chambermen and Chamberwomen, along with the presumed new leadership, to go back to the drawing board for a new choice that properly and accurately represents the region and its people.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 12:51:22 AM »

To all who it may concern, please stand with the ACLO against the considered censure against Ben Kenobi. The Southern Chamber is a place where the bidding of the working families must be done, and Ben Kenobi is always there supporting working families and we like him for that. This place should not be for bickering, vendettas, or toddler feuds. It should be the meeting place to do the most important thing, the bidding of working families. So stop the censuring and get back to sensing the needs of working families. They need your help chambermen, and petty fighting is not going to benefit them. So chambermen, stop the censure and appreciate Ben Kenobi for the great delegate he is and that the ACLO recognizes him as. Get back to doing your jobs instead of going on inefficiency safaris. Do it for the working families of the world and especially the ACLO, and of course for the children.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 02:44:04 AM »

And as previously mentioned on discord, the ACLO is now confirming that we are indeed a right to work union.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 03:06:19 AM »

A union of literally one member? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 01:28:00 PM »

The point of organized Labor is to unite people? So I don't think this qualifies.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 02:02:02 PM »

The point of organized Labor is to unite people? So I don't think this qualifies.

But I always thought you could just add a title in front of your username and instantly become an authority on all things labor!
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 02:15:17 PM »

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 04:42:39 PM »

Sad to see many irl democrats demonstrate their antiworker, anti union tendencies. I am proudly joining!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »

Sad to see many irl democrats demonstrate their antiworker, anti union tendencies. I am proudly joining!
......?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 06:36:38 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2019, 06:49:06 PM by tack50 »

Not sure if a sitting politician can join am organization like this, but you have my full support!

Edit: After reading more posts and hearing more about the organization's past, I'm rescinding my full endorsement, but I will still fight for the rights of workers in this country and will accept this organization's support on that fight if it so chooses.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 07:06:24 PM »

A right to work union? Do you support crossing the picket, too?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 10:19:23 PM »

While we encourage everyone to participate in picketing during strikes, we do not have issues with picket crossers either, an we support their right to work and feed their families as well.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2019, 12:47:40 AM »

While we encourage everyone to participate in picketing during strikes, we do not have issues with picket crossers either, an we support their right to work and feed their families as well.
I'm not sure I understand. How do you plan on getting better wages and benefits for workers if management refuses to increase them?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 07:43:29 AM »

I'm not sure I understand. How do you plan on getting better wages and benefits for workers if management refuses to increase them?

By picketing and striking and negotiating and using leverage, the same things most all other unions do, and we feel as though most union brethren will stick with it and the cause, and only very few would cross the line and stay out of the strike.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 02:03:22 PM »

Greetings fellow Atlasians. After a frank conversation with Politicalmasta73, we took a vote and decided that we are no longer going to hold our pro-right to work policy. Nothing else past, present or future has changed besides this though. Fact remains that we always were, and continue to be the support group for the working people of Atlasia, and we will seek to continue to endeavor for dignity. Thank you, and peace. 
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 02:53:32 PM »

Mr. Bagel,

I believe that you should support giving regions the ability to institute Right-to-Work, as in many cases, unions force people to join them, and charge high fees. Also some large unions, like the AFL-CIO are corrupt. Mr. Bagel, I hope you will reevaluate this position

Councilor SNJC
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 03:22:33 PM »

Mr. Bagel,

I believe that you should support giving regions the ability to institute Right-to-Work, as in many cases, unions force people to join them, and charge high fees. Also some large unions, like the AFL-CIO are corrupt. Mr. Bagel, I hope you will reevaluate this position

Councilor SNJC

Fact is Councilor, I completely agree with you, but my hand was forced. The union membership vote came to 1-1, which constitutes a tie, and hence this policy would be voided and no official positions would be taken on the right to work vs no right to work issue, nobody would walk away with an ideal situation. I was also given an ultimatum that if I try to override this in any way possible and try to force the union to hold onto this position, we would go from having two members back to one. So with my back pinned down, I said I would switch my vote to yes, and proceeded to milk the most from the leverage yak. In switching my vote to yes, I got a guaranty that we would 1. not endorse the far left candidates for president this term, and 2. said member would work hard on recruitment and strategy. I made the most I could out of a tight situation, I wish we could have stayed right to work, but it was not to be.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 10:02:05 PM »

I am proudly signing up to boost worker’s rights. We need a United Front against austerity, wage theft, and poor working conditions. Let’s roll!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2019, 11:07:34 PM »

I am proudly signing up to boost worker’s rights. We need a United Front against austerity, wage theft, and poor working conditions. Let’s roll!
You'll want to look elsewhere if those are your objectives: this is a scab outfit (see above, the founder's support for crossing picket lines and RTW legislation).
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2019, 11:20:09 PM »

Mr. Bagel,

Councilor SNJC
Do you know why right-to-work laws undermine unions?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2019, 11:08:56 AM »

You'll want to look elsewhere if those are your objectives: this is a scab outfit (see above, the founder's support for crossing picket lines and RTW legislation).
It seems to have reformed a bit. No matter, a little class consciousness and debate should easily fix the Union.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2019, 01:17:41 PM »

The prolocutors opinion is no more powerful than the rank and file, who are against those ppl policies. Try again, buddy. yeah
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2019, 02:01:26 PM »

The prolocutors opinion is no more powerful than the rank and file, who are against those ppl policies. Try again, buddy. yeah
LOL. When one half of a two-member "union" endorses blatantly anti-labor policies, it's entirely legitimate to call them out on it. So far there is no evidence to suggest this is anything other than a right-wing group posing as a labor organization.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies