Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:00:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24773 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2019, 07:21:09 PM »

Mr. Bagel,

I believe that you should support giving regions the ability to institute Right-to-Work, as in many cases, unions force people to join them, and charge high fees. Also some large unions, like the AFL-CIO are corrupt. Mr. Bagel, I hope you will reevaluate this position

Councilor SNJC
Do you know why right-to-work laws undermine unions?

Yes, but we believe in a person’s right whether or not to join a union, we don’t want to force anybody against their will to be a member.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2019, 07:22:19 PM »

I am proudly signing up to boost worker’s rights. We need a United Front against austerity, wage theft, and poor working conditions. Let’s roll!
You'll want to look elsewhere if those are your objectives: this is a scab outfit (see above, the founder's support for crossing picket lines and RTW legislation).
The prolocutors opinion is no more powerful than the rank and file, who are against those ppl policies. Try again, buddy. yeah
LOL. When one half of a two-member "union" endorses blatantly anti-labor policies, it's entirely legitimate to call them out on it. So far there is no evidence to suggest this is anything other than a right-wing group posing as a labor organization.

Umm three member union now, we are all left wingers too, and we want to unite and fight for the working class.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2019, 12:10:37 PM »

I am proudly signing up to boost worker’s rights. We need a United Front against austerity, wage theft, and poor working conditions. Let’s roll!
You'll want to look elsewhere if those are your objectives: this is a scab outfit (see above, the founder's support for crossing picket lines and RTW legislation).
The prolocutors opinion is no more powerful than the rank and file, who are against those ppl policies. Try again, buddy. yeah
LOL. When one half of a two-member "union" endorses blatantly anti-labor policies, it's entirely legitimate to call them out on it. So far there is no evidence to suggest this is anything other than a right-wing group posing as a labor organization.
Please explain how a 2/3 Bernie 2016 voting union is right wing. Get a grip dude
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2019, 12:21:11 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2019, 12:26:48 PM by Prolocutor Bagel23 »

Dear citizens of Atlasia, this will be one of the last times I will speak to you as the first Prolocutor of the ACLO. I thank everyone for the incredible support for the working people of Atlasia, and for helping humble me and work towards becoming the best possible voice that I could be for this movement. I do not have any regrets about founding this organization, and I am so proud of what has become of it. Yet I have heard the yearning for freedom and the calls for more just leadership for the ACLO, and I completely agree. I was never a dictator looking out for my own needs or overriding the will of the people, and my intentions were always good, but fact is, the best version of myself as leader is simply outclassed by others. And at the end of the day, it is about the working people, and what is best for them.

As such, I hereby put into motion the vote to make PSOL the new prolocutor of the ACLO.

I vote AYE

I sincerely am honored and flattered to have had the opportunity to be the spokesman for the working class of this proud union, and I look forward to even greater heights with our new Prolocutor PSOL!

Thank you and God bless

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2019, 12:26:09 PM »

Please explain how a 2/3 Bernie 2016 voting union is right wing. Get a grip dude

Oh I also would have voted for Bernie over Hillary in the 2016 primaries if I was old enough at the time.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2019, 12:28:43 PM »

Abstain

I am abstaining only to have the second eldest member, Politicalmasta73, choose on the fate of this Union.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2019, 02:33:54 PM »

AYE

Psol is a strong leader and while we differ in our opinions on some issues, he has shown to be a class act and have the courage of his convictions.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2019, 01:25:33 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2019, 02:06:07 PM by PSOL »

A.C.L.O Restructuring

Hello my fellow Atlasians. I, PSOL, am now the new chair of the largest front of working class in Atlasia. I hope to really shake up the foundation of Atlasia in favor of the hard working people living in this blessed land.

While on the outside, Atlasia may seem like it has prosperity and good working conditions, in reality we are in an unfairly stratified society upholded by structural complications. We have unacceptably high levels of poverty and homelessness in the most wealthy and productive nation that has ever been. The 1% has taken an extraordinary amount of the pie, resulting in an unacceptable CEO-to-worker ratio pay.

The A.C.L.O wishes to fight for the rights of all Atlasians in creating a fairer society. In the next few days; the union will be restructured to fit the right goals, be more inclusive to all who wish to join, and be a well oiled machine to fight the good fight. I hope that we receive many new members in this democratic organization for all.

On the Agenda;
  • Making the minimum wage something to live on
  • Ensuring a safe workspace
  • Branching out the union into key industries
  • Creating official labor agreements with key players
  • Standardize the electoral office for positions in the A.C.L.O.
  • We will vote on the draft resolution of the A.C.L.O’s guidelines in due time. Firstly, we need to tally up the members of this organization while doing a recruitment drive.

Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2019, 04:53:14 PM »

This seems like a good organization.

xHenryWallaceVP
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2019, 05:05:58 PM »

X YE
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2019, 05:08:47 PM »

x Jimmy7812
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2019, 07:32:31 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2019, 09:53:53 PM by PSOL »

MEMBERS
Jimmy7812
Speaker YE
Prolocutor Bagel23
politicalmasta73
HenryWallaceVP
tack50
jk2020
JGibson
thumb21
Pericles
FM Scott
Ishan
Peanut
MB
bruhgmger2
Elcaspar
Pragma__TNAG
Chairman PSOL
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2019, 08:01:39 PM »

X tack50
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2019, 10:50:41 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2019, 12:14:52 AM by PSOL »

First Assembly of the A.C.L.O

Instructions and important information

This election will last for exactly 24 hours beginning at 12:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) on Saturday, June 2 and ending at 12:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) on Tuesday, June 3. All votes cast outside of this period will be counted invalid.

Ballot instructions
1. Please vote yes, no or abstain on the question of whether the A.C.L.O Objective’s Framework should be ratified. Abstentions do not affect the final outcome. A successful vote for ratification will result in the immediate ratification of the amendment upon certification.

2. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it in this thread. Editing your ballot more than 20 minutes after posting it in this voting booth will cause it to be counted invalid.

3. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification.

4. It is prohibited against the A.C.L.O guidelines to a) delete your ballot after the voting period is closed and before the results are certified or delete your ballot after the 20 minute edit period and revote and/or b) intimidate or attempt to place undue pressure on a voter to delete their ballot as outlined in part a or invalidate their ballot.

5. Please note multiple posts within the voting booth (with the exception of the original ballot post posted by the election administrator) are prohibited and will result in your ballot being invalid

Eligibility
You are eligible to vote in this election if you (a) are present within Atlasia; (b) have not had your voting rights stripped as the result of inactivity or expulsion; (c) and (e) have made 10 posts in the last 8 weeks (posts only count if made before the start of this election).

General Ballot.

A.C.L.O Guidelines for the 1st National Assembly.

SECTION I: Organizational Purpose
1. The Atlasian Coalition of Labor Occupations is founded on the principles to create a better society for Atlasia, one that organizes itself and believes in the following core guidelines to achieve said society that is
   a. Free of unjust working conditions.
   b. A less stratified society
   c. Offers a fair wage to all who work in the jurisdictions of this republic.

SECTION I: Current Goals for Atlasia
1. No worker should subject themselves to unfair working conditions
   a. A socially hostile environment in which they are subjected to
     I. Harassment of any kind
     II. Nonconsensual sexual provocations
     III. Other Physical or mental abuse
   b. A physically unsafe work environment
   c. Discrimination must be eliminated from the workplace. No one should be treated differently in any aspect based on
      I. Creed
      II. Religion
      III. Ethnicity
      IIII. Class
      IIIII. Sexual orientation
      IIIIII. Gender identity
      IIIIIII. Criminal record
                1. Unless clear possibility of abuse in the occupational position is determined, putting     
                    themselves or others in relative danger
   d. Not offering a mandatory 2 month paternity leave is subject to be labeled as an unfair feature of the Atlasian workplace

2. Workers must be payed a living wage at minimum
   a. Regionally, you should be able to subsist on the wage
   b. Wages must be routinely adjusted for inflation

3. Workplace democracy must be established in the Republic of Atlasia
   a. At least 50% of Company Board members and/or shareholders must be allocated to the workers
   b. The dissolution of said company must first offer their assets to the workers

4. The Republic of Atlasia must guarantee the rights of the underprivileged, as their plight intersects with the interest of all workers.
   a. A guarantee on universal healthcare
   b. A strong welfare state
   c. The existence of a national pension system

SECTION II: Tactics
1. The A.C.L.O will defend workers’ rights by being a proactive union
   a. The following actions taken in Atlasia will warrant an immediate strike
      I. Austerity policies
      II. Rollback on workers’ rights
      III. Poor working conditions
      IIII. Wage theft
      IIIII. Breaking of contractual obligations

2. There will be a routine bulletin for the purpose of
   a. Informing the workers of their rights
   b. Endorsements using a letter grading scale and short description of
       I. Politicians
       II. Legislation
       III. Impacted Referendums

SECTION III: Organization

1. The union shall be organized into the several key branches based on occupational type
   a. Industrial Coalition Organization (I.C.O.)
   b. United Farmworkers
   c. Foodstuff Union
   d. Worker Transportation Alliance (W.T.A)
   c. Atlasian Society of Teamsters (A.S.T.)
   d. Confederation of Coders and Computational Engineers (C.C.C.E.)

2. Membership to the union shall require
   a. Living in the jurisdiction of the current Republic of Atlasia
   b. Not being in a management position
   c. Being clear of Far-Right and/or racist associations
   d. Not to having previously betray the principle of upholding the rights of the working populace
   e. No subverting the rights of the working class (I.e. crossing the picket line)
   f. Not having previously conducted notorious criminal behavior Criminal behavior
   g. Having not committing abuse of fellow union members
   e. The breaking of any of these rules will warrant membership probation and expulsion if not opposed by a major portion of the body

3. The union shall conduct activities and inter-organization changes based on a popular vote on
   a. Union positions
   b. Major strikes
   c. Organizational guidelines
   d. Expelling members if called upon by at least 10% of membership

4. Positions inside the union include
  a. Union Chairperson- Lead the Union. Determine Union agendas and actions. In national strikes, leads and acts as a delegate to meet national leadership. Can veto or stop union action unless overruled by an over 50% vote.
  b. Branch Leaders- Run the various organizations present in the A.C.L.O
  c. General Press Secretary- Create and format routinely the union’s bulletin board. Communicates with the public on Union issues.

MARK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING.

[  ] Yes

[  ] No

[  ] Abstain

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2019, 11:09:54 PM »

I would just point out that Atlasia already has a dedicated organization founded on the principle of protecting workers and guaranteeing their right to organize: it's called the Labor Party.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2019, 11:14:06 PM »

I would just point out that Atlasia already has a dedicated organization founded on the principle of protecting workers and guaranteeing their right to organize: it's called the Labor Party.

That's stupid partisan politics, this is a labor union that goes above politics and is an actual union, not a political party. Besides, even if you are right, it's ok for more than one union to exist.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2019, 11:16:18 PM »

Let it be stressed that the Labor party is merely a political party, and does not include in its organization any Union leagues. This is a grassroots, active, and nonpartisan union. Furthermore, if any organization wishes to collaborate or interact with the A.C.L.O, we are open for that.

Let it be stated that as of a while ago, the polls are open to agree upon the written union guidelines.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2019, 11:20:36 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2019, 11:28:33 PM by PSOL »

This election will last for exactly 24 hours beginning at 12:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) on Saturday, June 2 and ending at 12:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) on Tuesday, June 3. All votes cast outside of this period will be counted invalid.

Ballot instructions
1. Please vote yes, no or abstain on the question of whether the A.C.L.O Objective’s Framework should be ratified. Abstentions do not affect the final outcome. A successful vote for ratification will result in the immediate ratification of the amendment upon certification.

2. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it in this thread. Editing your ballot more than 20 minutes after posting it in this voting booth will cause it to be counted invalid.

3. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification.

4. It is prohibited against the A.C.L.O guidelines to a) delete your ballot after the voting period is closed and before the results are certified or delete your ballot after the 20 minute edit period and revote and/or b) intimidate or attempt to place undue pressure on a voter to delete their ballot as outlined in part a or invalidate their ballot.

5. Please note multiple posts within the voting booth (with the exception of the original ballot post posted by the election administrator) are prohibited and will result in your ballot being invalid

Eligibility
You are eligible to vote in this election if you (a) are present within Atlasia; (b) have not had your voting rights stripped as the result of inactivity or expulsion; (c) and (e) have made 10 posts in the last 8 weeks (posts only count if made before the start of this election).

General Ballot.

1. The Atlasian Coalition of Labor Occupations is founded on the principles to create a better society for Atlasia, one that organizes itself and believes in the following core guidelines to achieve said society that is

c. Discrimination must be eliminated from the workplace. No one should be treated differently in any aspect based on
      I. Creed
      II. Religion
      III. Ethnicity
      IIII. Class
      IIIIII. Gender identity
      IIIIIII. Criminal record
                1. Unless clear possibility of abuse in the occupational position is determined, putting     
   d. Not offering a mandatory 2 month paternity leave is subject to be labeled as an unfair feature of the Atlasian workplace

a. At least 50% of Company Board members and/or shareholders must be allocated to the workers

4. The Republic of Atlasia must guarantee the rights of the underprivileged, as their plight intersects with the interest of all workers.

I. Austerity policies
      IIII. Wage theft

I. Politicians
       II. Legislation

1. The union shall be organized into the several key branches based on occupational type
   b. United Farmworkers
   c. Foodstuff Union

d. Betraying the principle of upholding the rights of the working populace
   e. No subverting the rights of the working class (I.e. crossing the picket line)
   f. Notorious Criminal behavior
   g. Having not committed abuse of fellow union members
   e. The breaking of any of these rules will warrant membership probation and expulsion if not opposed by a major portion of the body

3. The union shall conduct activities and inter-organization changes based on a popular vote on
   a. Union positions
   b. Major strikes

a. Union Chairperson- Lead the Union. Determine Union agendas and actions. In national strikes, leads and acts as a delegate to meet national leadership. Can veto or stop union action unless overruled by an over 50% vote.
  c. General Press Secretary- Create and format routinely the union’s bulletin board. Communicates with the public on Union issues.

[ X ] Yes

[  ] No

[  ] Abstain

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2019, 11:32:41 PM »

That's stupid partisan politics, this is a labor union that goes above politics and is an actual union, not a political party. Besides, even if you are right, it's ok for more than one union to exist.

No, literally the Labor Party exists because several years ago, standard left-of-center parties were not doing an adequate job at addressing workers' rights. Some of our pre-reset achievements included a 32-hour workweek, triple overtime, a $15 per hour minimum wage linked to inflation, and immense collective bargaining reforms designed to maximize worker clout - just to name a few of the dozens of achievements for workers that we enacted.

Unfortunately, since the reset, people have been all too willing to elect "Friendly Federalists" to office that jeopardize workers' rights. I'm running to provide our country with a "Glorious Deal!" that will restore that former glory to workers' wallets.

I was not attempting to criticize or demean any attempts by this illustrious organization, but I assure you that the Labor Party was and remains the single-biggest hope for uplifting workers in our game - and that is not partisan politics.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2019, 12:00:15 AM »

Ballot instructions

Eligibility

General Ballot.

I. Creed
      II. Religion
      III. Ethnicity
      IIII. Class
      IIIIII. Gender identity
      IIIIIII. Criminal record

I. Austerity policies
      IIII. Wage theft

I. Politicians
       II. Legislation

b. United Farmworkers
   c. Foodstuff Union

a. Union positions
   b. Major strikes

[ X ] Yes

[  ] No

[  ] Abstain

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2019, 12:12:21 AM »

No, literally the Labor Party exists because several years ago, standard left-of-center parties were not doing an adequate job at addressing workers' rights. Some of our pre-reset achievements included a 32-hour workweek, triple overtime, a $15 per hour minimum wage linked to inflation, and immense collective bargaining reforms designed to maximize worker clout - just to name a few of the dozens of achievements for workers that we enacted.

Unfortunately, since the reset, people have been all too willing to elect "Friendly Federalists" to office that jeopardize workers' rights. I'm running to provide our country with a "Glorious Deal!" that will restore that former glory to workers' wallets.

I was not attempting to criticize or demean any attempts by this illustrious organization, but I assure you that the Labor Party was and remains the single-biggest hope for uplifting workers in our game - and that is not partisan politics.
While both organizations are for the same goals, we have different methods of getting to them. Labor mainly does this by electoral means, while we take a more direct approach by our willingness to strike, review in-game happenings, and other methods.

From your own experience, worker rights have been on the defensive from voters forgetting the consequences of trailing backward here, and electoralism can only go so far. The special actions this union can take will be beneficial to provide change circumventing the Byzantine system that is electoral politics here.

Let me also say that we’d be happy to discuss your deal and endorse it if it meets our standards.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2019, 12:34:35 AM »

While both organizations are for the same goals, we have different methods of getting to them. Labor mainly does this by electoral means, while we take a more direct approach by our willingness to strike, review in-game happenings, and other methods.

From your own experience, worker rights have been on the defensive from voters forgetting the consequences of trailing backward here, and electoralism can only go so far. The special actions this union can take will be beneficial to provide change circumventing the Byzantine system that is electoral politics here.

Let me also say that we’d be happy to discuss your deal and endorse it if it meets our standards.

I'm glad to see that this coalition is being organized now by serious individuals (in the past, it was unfortunately not), and I look forward to working with you on these goals in the future!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2019, 01:14:33 AM »

I'm glad to see that this coalition is being organized now by serious individuals (in the past, it was unfortunately not), and I look forward to working with you on these goals in the future!

Hey at least I wasn’t so thick headed to the point of being arrogant enough to try to cling to the prolocutor position lol
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2019, 11:09:57 AM »

General Ballot.

I. Creed
      II. Religion
      III. Ethnicity
      IIII. Class
      IIIIII. Gender identity
      IIIIIII. Criminal record

I. Austerity policies
      IIII. Wage theft

I. Politicians
       II. Legislation

b. United Farmworkers
   c. Foodstuff Union

a. Union positions
   b. Major strikes

[X] Yes

[  ] No

[  ] Abstain

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2019, 11:16:24 AM »

General Ballot.

I. Creed
      II. Religion
      III. Ethnicity
      IIII. Class
      IIIIII. Gender identity
      IIIIIII. Criminal record

I. Austerity policies
      IIII. Wage theft

I. Politicians
       II. Legislation

b. United Farmworkers
   c. Foodstuff Union

a. Union positions
   b. Major strikes

[X] Yes

[  ] No

[  ] Abstain

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies