Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:00:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 40
Author Topic: Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments  (Read 32069 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2023, 11:03:21 PM »

One of the co-conspirators is a State Senator. I think that makes him the only current office holder to be indicted in a Trump-related case.

One of the unindicted co-conspirators is our Lieutenant Governor lol

I was very confused for a second and then I realized Geoff Duncan is not LG anymore.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2023, 11:08:40 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2023, 11:14:22 PM by Fmr. Gov. NickG »

Before we get too excited, we need to remember that Trump remains unindicted in 48 states and 92 federal jurisdictions.  So by my count he’s still at least like 96% innocent.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2023, 11:16:08 PM »

Trump is facing 13 charges in the Georgia indictment

Former President Donald Trump is charged with 13 counts in the Fulton County indictment, including a racketeering charge for allegedly attempting to unlawfully change the outcome of the election in Georgia in 2020.

The list of 13 charges also includes additional counts for allegedly making false statements to and soliciting the Georgia house speaker and the Georgia secretary of state to violate their oaths of office in December 2020 and January 2021.

Trump is charged with six counts for conspiring with several others around his campaign for the use of fake electors in Georgia.

Another charge relates to Trump and lawyer John Eastman allegedly filing false documents in a federal court case in Georgia that asserted thousands of people had voted illegally, even though that was not true.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-fulton-county-georgia-08-14-23/index.html
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2023, 11:21:04 PM »

Had to dig this post out for the occasion. I genuinely enjoy going back and reading some of the threads from around October 2020-February 2021. Such a bizarre piece of Anerican history that we all got to give our thoughts on.

Raffensperger: "We're conducting an investigation."

Also Raffensperger: "I was literally on the other end of the line. He did this. Investigation complete."

Raffensperger testifies in his investigation into Trump's election interference:

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2023, 11:24:13 PM »

There should probably just be a Trump Indictments megathread at this point.

He's facing seven different trials (three civil, four criminal for a total 84 felonies) between now and November 2024. We should probably have a megathread for each one. A single thread would make discussion impossible. 
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2023, 11:29:03 PM »

The real issue is how many stickies there are. One possibility is to pin just the Trump directory thread and let the megathreads fall where they may.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2023, 11:31:03 PM »

One of the co-conspirators is a State Senator. I think that makes him the only current office holder to be indicted in a Trump-related case.

One of the unindicted co-conspirators is our Lieutenant Governor lol

Not that this Is related but he apparently also stated that he supports same-sex marriage so if such a guy is saying that that really shows the extent to which Republicans have folded on the issue.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2023, 11:35:02 PM »

Trump's criminal trials should all be grouped into a new section, titled "Time to take out the trash".
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2023, 11:35:47 PM »

Why is have not seen "Hydrogen Bomb Elmo" posted yet?
Does someone have the image available for immediate posting.
Please post if you can.

That list of defendants is mind-blowing!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2023, 11:39:11 PM »

What a completely stable genius. But Biden is 3 years older and occasionally his tongue tied so he's obviously the senile one.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2023, 11:39:19 PM »

Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2023, 11:39:57 PM »

The real issue is how many stickies there are. One possibility is to pin just the Trump directory thread and let the megathreads fall where they may.

Perhaps there should be a separate sub-forum for Trump's trials under US General Discussion. Similar to the poll sub-forums under the 2024 US Presidential Election.

That could allow US General Discussion to be clear for other topics, without as many stickies cluttering it up. And then there could be separate stickied threads for each trial in the sub-forum instead.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2023, 11:41:12 PM »

The NYT, not a publication to miss the chance to praise Donald w faint damns, already has its take:Ho, hum, another indictment

Another grand jury, another indictment. For the fourth time in as many months, former President Donald J. Trump was charged on Monday with serious crimes and what was once unprecedented has now become surreally routine.

The novelty of a former leader of the United States being called a felon has somehow worn off. Not that the sweeping 98-page indictment handed up in Georgia accusing him of corruptly trying to reverse the state’s 2020 election results was any less momentous. But a country of short attention spans has now seen this three times before and grown oddly accustomed to the spectacle.

Fifteen paragraphs in, they get around to mentioning some of the charges, before immediately pivoting to a Republican flak explaining how unimportant this is.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2023, 11:46:47 PM »

He's facing seven different trials (three civil, four criminal for a total 84 felonies) between now and November 2024. We should probably have a megathread for each one. A single thread would make discussion impossible. 
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2023, 11:47:30 PM »

Inchresting — would this statute apply from the time of the arraignment? (I doubt anything will come of it, but it’s fun to speculate nonetheless.)
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2023, 11:48:03 PM »

Yoda
United States

« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2023, 11:57:50 PM »

Really hoping the cops who were injured on 1/6 get paid in their civil trial against trump. They really deserve it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2023, 12:11:43 AM »

Why is it that trump has this weird thing on attacking the city/area where these indictments are coming from? Above he dogs-on "Atlanta" as "one of the most dangerous cities anywhere in the world."

And previously, he attacked the District of Columbia (DC).
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2023, 12:15:18 AM »

Why is it that trump has this weird thing on attacking the city/area where these indictments are coming from? Above he dogs-on "Atlanta" as "one of the most dangerous cities anywhere in the world."

And previously, he attacked the District of Columbia (DC).

Did someone tamper with Trump's shift key?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2023, 12:16:06 AM »

Holy sh!t does Trump look awful in that photo. Even at his age he's notably degraded more than you'd expect since leaving office.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2023, 12:21:58 AM »

Holy sh!t does Trump look awful in that photo. Even at his age he's notably degraded more than you'd expect since leaving office.

Woah. He looks scary there.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2023, 12:29:47 AM »

Watching Fani Willis read off the list of defendants was like seeing every single number on your Powerball ticket come down the chute.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2023, 12:45:55 AM »

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/110891980483375835

So, the Witch Hunt continues! 19 people Indicated tonight, including the former President of the United States, me, by an out of control and very corrupt District Attorney who campaigned and raised money on, “I will get Trump.” And what about those Indictment Documents put out today, long before the Grand Jury even voted, and then quickly withdrawn? Sounds Rigged to me! Why didn’t they Indict 2.5 years ago? Because they wanted to do it right in the middle of my political campaign. Witch Hunt!

"Indicated."
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2023, 01:17:11 AM »

I'm tired of all the winning.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2023, 04:12:49 AM »

So, the Grand juror that was interviewed lied to us, she said there were no big names involved in the Indictment lies lies lies

She should never serve in a jury ever again while good people are being denied jury service sham
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies