Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:10:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40
Author Topic: Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments  (Read 32602 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2023, 10:21:05 PM »

Prosecutors say Trump and others "joined a conspiracy to unlawfully change the outcome" of the 2020 election

In an introduction to the indictment, prosecutors allege there was a conspiracy to change the outcome of the 2020 election “in favor of” Donald Trump.

All 19 defendants in Georgia election subversion case facing racketeering charges

All 19 defendants in the Georgia 2020 election subversion case are facing racketeering charges, according to an indictment handed up Monday. 

The indictment includes a more than three dozen different charges for the 19 defendants, but the thread that connects all the individuals is that they’ve been charged under RICO. 

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-fulton-county-georgia-08-14-23/index.html
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2023, 10:21:49 PM »

I'm glad they're including the former Kanye publicist who tried to strongarm the old lady election official. That was an extra foul move.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2023, 10:22:44 PM »

I'd give my right nut to be seated at that trial when these posts are read, and when the prosecution notes that despite all the bluster and bloviating, trump produced exactly zero evidence of voter fraud when given the opportunity to do so in the discovery process, nor did he show up when invited to testify and provide all of this supposed evidence that totally exists in real life.

Fortunately it will all be televised (barring extraordinary circumstances).

That's right I forgot! Man, I really, really, really, really hope this trial gets to happen before the election. The public deserves to hear all of this evidence. It could not be more crucial to choosing our next President.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2023, 10:25:30 PM »

I just brought this up in the “opinion of” thread but any of you guys reading this stuff realize a bunch of the stuff a certain blue avatar Florida poster pushed here is in the indictments as part of Trump and his team’s lies to commit fraud? 😂
Yoda
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2023, 10:27:33 PM »

I'm glad they're including the former Kanye publicist who tried to strongarm the old lady election official. That was an extra foul move.

I still feel really badly for Ruby and her daughter. I'm really glad their tormenters have been charged and will hopefully see justice. What trump and Giuliani and others did to them was absolutely heinous. No random anonymous person deserves to have their life turned upside down and made to feel unsafe in their every day life over wildly false allegations.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2023, 10:27:48 PM »

Prosecutors allege Trump and defendants engaged in "criminal enterprise" with 30 unindicted co-conspirators

The 41-count indictment unsealed Monday in Georgia accused former President Donald Trump and the other 18 defendants “unlawfully conspired and endeavored to conduct and participate in a criminal enterprise” after Trump lost the election in Georgia.

The charges include False Statements and Solicitation of State Legislatures, high-ranking state officials, the creation and distribution of false electoral college documents, the harassment of election workers, the solicitation of Justice Department officials, the solicitation of then-Vice President Mike Pence, the unlawful breach of election equipment, and acts of obstruction.

The indictment also included an additional 30 unindicted co-conspirators in addition to the charged defendants.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-fulton-county-georgia-08-14-23/index.html
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2023, 10:29:25 PM »

I still feel really badly for Ruby and her daughter. I'm really glad their tormenters have been charged and will hopefully see justice. What trump and Giuliani and others did to them was absolutely heinous. No random anonymous person deserves to have their life turned upside down and made to feel unsafe in their every day life over wildly false allegations.

I'm unfamiliar with the story, what actually happened there?
Yoda
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2023, 10:33:09 PM »

If you were planning on going to bed any time soon, I'd wait until tomorrow to watch Ruby and her daughter's testimony to the 1/6 committee. It'll get you pretty fuming mad if you're anything like me and you'll feel like you just had 10 cups of coffee.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2023, 10:34:48 PM »

If you were planning on going to bed any time soon, I'd wait until tomorrow to watch Ruby and her daughter's testimony to the 1/6 committee. It'll get you pretty fuming mad if you're anything like me and you'll feel like you just had 10 cups of coffee.

I vaguely remember that testimony, but not super well since it's been so long, and I can't remember how Kanye's publicist was related to it.  I'll read up on it (tomorrow, as you suggested).
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2023, 10:35:03 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2023, 10:38:26 PM by emailking »

The DA appears to have flipped somebody who was in an oval office meeting with Trump and Powell and Giuliani and an unindicted co-conspirator (the possible flipper) in which illegal activity was discussed. The name isn't given.

On or about the 18th day of December 2020, DONALD JOHN TRUMP met with RUDOLPH WILLIAM LOUIS GIULIANI, SIDNEY KATHERINE POWELL, unindicted co-conspirator Individual 20, whose identity is known to the Grand Jury, and others at the White House. The individuals present at the meeting discussed certain strategies and theories intended to influence the outcome of the November 3, 2020, presidential election, including seizing voting equipment and appointing SIDNEY KATHERINE POWELL as special counsel with broad authority to investigate allegations of voter fraud in Georgia and elsewhere. This was an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2023, 10:36:12 PM »

I really need to know who Unindicted Co-conspirator Individual 4 is, because damn do they come up *constantly* throughout the conspiracy charges.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2023, 10:37:18 PM »

Willis speaking now.
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2023, 10:40:08 PM »

Individuals 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 are all fake electors who are currently unindicted co-conspirators, per Act 79 (page 40).
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2023, 10:42:53 PM »

TRUMP WANTED TO APPOINT SIDNEY POWELL AS SPECIAL COUNSEL TO INVESTIGATE HIS FRAUD CLAIMS GOOD LORD.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2023, 10:43:25 PM »

Individuals 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 are all fake electors who are currently unindicted co-conspirators, per Act 79 (page 40).

So who are the others? There's 30 total.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2023, 10:43:53 PM »

The DA appears to have flipped somebody who was in an oval office meeting with Trump and Powell and Giuliani and an unindicted co-conspirator (the possible flipper) in which illegal activity was discussed. The name isn't given.

On or about the 18th day of December 2020, DONALD JOHN TRUMP met with RUDOLPH WILLIAM LOUIS GIULIANI, SIDNEY KATHERINE POWELL, unindicted co-conspirator Individual 20, whose identity is known to the Grand Jury, and others at the White House. The individuals present at the meeting discussed certain strategies and theories intended to influence the outcome of the November 3, 2020, presidential election, including seizing voting equipment and appointing SIDNEY KATHERINE POWELL as special counsel with broad authority to investigate allegations of voter fraud in Georgia and elsewhere. This was an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy.

Graham perhaps? Will they go after these unindicted co-conspirators later?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2023, 10:43:57 PM »

They have to surrender by next Friday.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2023, 10:45:52 PM »

Willis is going to seek a trial within the next 6 months. That's ambitious and I think unlikely.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2023, 10:47:32 PM »

She also confirmed she plans to try all 19 together. Done talking now.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2023, 10:48:22 PM »

Hallelujah we love you great state of Georgia!!!! Lock him up in Georgia state prison!!!
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2023, 10:48:40 PM »

Graham perhaps? Will they go after these unindicted co-conspirators later?

Lin Wood is possible too.

They presumably have some deal for their cooperation, at least a lot of them.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2023, 10:49:05 PM »

I think these indicted co-conspirators show why Bill Barr actually finally stood up to Trump and even claimed there was no fraud, as loathsome as Barr is he's apparently not an idiot and realized that Trump had no chance of overturning the results and thus that if he went along with Trump's claims and made baseless claims of fraud then he too could end up being indicted afterwards along with the rest of these clowns. He's probably breathing a sigh of relief right now.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2023, 10:57:40 PM »

One of the co-conspirators is a State Senator. I think that makes him the only current office holder to be indicted in a Trump-related case.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2023, 11:00:59 PM »

One of the co-conspirators is a State Senator. I think that makes him the only current office holder to be indicted in a Trump-related case.

Trump only won his seat by 4 in 2020. Decent chance he loses next year.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2023, 11:01:58 PM »

One of the unindicted co-conspirators is our Lieutenant Governor lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies