PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:09:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 286007 times)
Spectator
United States

« on: April 25, 2021, 04:33:25 PM »

Fetterman seems to be the kind of person Democrats naively think can win back a lot of Obama/Trump voters based on shallow things like his physical appearance and “populist overtures.” It seems a bit disingenuous if you ask me, and voters aren’t stupid enough to fall for that, with some exceptions.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 09:07:32 PM »

Gee thanks, Conor.  We reeeeeeeeeeeally needed to lose that House seat.    Angry

That House seat was flipping no matter what unless they split Pittsburgh.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 06:45:36 PM »

I guess I have an unpopular opinion here where yes Parnell is not a good candidate, he did come close against Lamb, but that was partly due to Trump's coattails and it'd be much harder for him to pull it off while leading the top of the ticket, however I would absolutely not count him out, TL;DR, tossup remains tossup.

I think that would be a pretty popular opinion actually.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 11:30:13 AM »

I honestly don't think Lamb has any interest in GOV, at least not right now

Yeah absolutely not. He has been explicitly linked to the Senate race. He's either running for that or he's running for re-election. The Gov nomination is Shapiro's and no other serious candidate has been linked to that race in a while. Jim Kenney was the last major name who was considering a run but that's gone completely silent.

I suppose Lamb running for senate would be bad news for Fetterman? Both he an Kenyatte are progressives and I would think Fetterman more appeals to moderate Dems.

I think you mean to say that Fetterman is the progressive one and Lamb is the “moderate” one. Otherwise that is a very inaccurate read on the field.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 04:58:37 AM »

"Criminals Committing Crimes"

This is somehow dumber than the 1/3 nonsense.

Don’t underestimate how stupid people are
Spectator
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 12:26:38 PM »

Given Fetterman's clear health issues, I kind of wish we had nominated Lamb or Kenyatta.

Either of them would also be destroying Oz, and we wouldn't be running the risk of an incumbent dying halfway through a term and a Governor Mastriano appointing his replacement.

If Fetterman wins, Mastriano ain't winning.  The two outcomes are not independent.

I'll disagree with you, if only because Mastriano is running a competent campaign and Oz isn't even trying to run a competent campaign. Based on that alone, I could see a split decision in Pennsylvania.

Wut
Spectator
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 07:51:14 AM »

That ad is so, so, so painfully embarrassing to watch.

“What would a Democrat plant do differently?” is basically what you can ask in most the major Senate races
Spectator
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2022, 06:24:22 AM »

Incredible ad! Some dark money super pac needs to spend millions of dollars micro targeting it to all of Pennsylvania’s most racist registered voters.

Of course people in the comments are whining that it's racist and xenophobic, saying we should go high when they go low. Did the past 6 years teach them nothing?

Also I love the dual citizenship attack line. I find it very bothersome when politicians hold dual citizenship. Pick a side, and stay there.

Actually one of the more effective Democratic ads I’ve seen in a while. Almost on par with the Prostitutes over Patriots ad.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 03:43:54 PM »

And since when did having serious health issues disqualify you from being in the United States Senate of all places?

It's up to the voters to decide whether it's "disqualifying," but it has pretty consistently been seen as a disadvantage since at least the 19th century. This is universally acknowledged everywhere outside of this thread; Herschel Walker is a good example of this happening right now.

Yes, and people not acknowledging that reality I think are letting their biases get in the way.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2022, 06:27:31 AM »

Anyone else get tired with all the memeing and drama in this race?
Spectator
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 02:54:05 PM »

I am shocked - SHOCKED, I say - that you think Dr. Oz should not be taken seriously. A searing indictment of his campaign and truly a death knell for Republicans nationwide.

I strongly recommend to you what another user on here recommended to me via PM — a more liberal use of the 'hard ignore' option (not 'soft ignore') for posters who aren’t interested in actual discussion and view this space as their personal echo chamber, place for name-calling, etc. I was hesitant to make use of this at first, but it’s pretty clear that it’s by far the best way to deal with the most 'vocal' posters in particular. It really enhances your forum experience, and you really don’t miss out on anything.

Echo chamber? The pottle calling the kettle black here...

How is MT an echo chamber? It’s not like he’s predicting blanket Republican wins in every semi-competitive race.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2022, 04:06:41 PM »

This is the most exhausting race in the country. I hate everything about it from the candidates to the memes to the annoying supporters
Spectator
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2022, 01:26:18 PM »

Does the fact that Oz still did much better than Mastriano mean there's a lot of voters who don't care if a candidate denies the 2020 election as long as they weren't at the 1/6 rally? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Mastriano was basically the guy who was your crazy, probably racist uncle that shouts conspiracy theories at Thanksgiving. Oz, while problematic in other ways, was not that.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2022, 12:10:06 PM »

Does anyone have Fetterman-Oz numbers by legislature seats? Shapiro-Mastriano is obviously such an exceptional case that I don’t think much intel can be gleaned from those numbers.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2022, 01:01:50 PM »

Gonna end up being like a 5 point victory. Pretty nuts. People got way too cute about this race. Honestly it reminds me of the primary where everyone was like “yeah fetterman has a huge lead over lamb but it’s just name rec/no attack ads/whatever, the lead won’t hold” and then it did

It really is stunning how just none of these big senate races were…close? I guess Georgia, Nevada and Wisconsin, but Warnock and CCM did better than expected, and I don’t think people expected much from Barnes.  Georgia runoff remains to be seen how close it will be.

Arizona wasn’t even close. Kelly would’ve won without Maricopa County even. New Hampshire was not close. Colorado was a blowout even with a non-controversial Republican. Pennsylvania was not close. Washington state was LOL.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies