The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:22:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210549 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 08, 2013, 05:23:24 PM »

One of the most brilliant minds and best speakers in public life defeats the gaffe prone 74 year old.

Winfield on Ted Cruz vs. Joe Biden.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 11:54:25 PM »

Another double whammy:

So about Oldiesfreak being big on anti-racism...

I voted HP by mistake, because I thought you meant Congressman John Lewis.
I don't opppse him because he's black, I oppose him because he's a Democrat.

So you're going to disregard all the work he did for the civil rights movement and at SNCC for 25 years of service in Congress on your opposing team?

You're a joke. I honestly hadn't think I'd find an incident with a Republican that I'd be disgusted in more than when Krazen used the bombings on my city as political fodder, but somehow I have. Sure, I absolutely hate facing Mariano Rivera when my boys are facing the Yankees, but off the field, he's arguably the classiest player of all-time, and I'm sad to see him retire. He's against the people I root for, but I can still like him as a person. The fact that you don't proves incidents like Wallacegate's not about race. You just want to score political points.
No; I have much respect for the work he did for the civil rights movement, but considering that, it's amazing that he belongs to a party that included most of the opponents of the civil rights movement.  And he also compared John McCain and Sarah Palin to George Wallace (who was, of course, a Democrat) during the 2008 campaign: http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/John_Lewis_invoking_George_Wallace_says_McCain_and_Palin_playing_with_fire.html

Perhaps someone who was a leader of the civil rights movement understands the actual history of the civil rights movement better than some 19 year old kid reading things on the internet.
Believe me, I've read plenty of history in textbooks (even left-wing ones), and I think I have a pretty good grasp of the history of the civil rights movement.
This
So by that logic, since I've read a bunch of books on child soldiers in Africa, I am now an expert. To hell with college then, I'm going to the United Nations. Thanks, Oldiesfreak!

sarcasm brah
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 02:07:07 PM »

Can we ban krazen from the deluge? He's obviously not serious.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 07:14:16 PM »

The absurd, ignorant, and bad part is in bold.
I hope a reliable firm like PPP does some new polling in a week or so, I'd be interested to see where things stand. Though I think Davis would be a really long shot in '14, it's worth noting that Tuesday morning she had 1,200 Twitter followers. It's now over 80k. If they screw her district to where she can't win reelection, she should go for Governor anyway.

Please stop posting in the Deluge.
I'd recommend ignoring him. It makes Atlas a lot less like huffing glue.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 12:49:09 PM »

Murkowski shouldn't have GOP backing as she went indie to screw the GOP guy. Go after her not the Dem Sarah. Have Miller wipe the floor with Begich.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 10:44:57 PM »

barfbag is clearly another Krazen type. No need to pay any attention.

he's probs a sock, JS
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 02:29:17 AM »

barfbag is clearly another Krazen type. No need to pay any attention.

he's probs a sock, JS

wait, did you just call Paul Kemp JS?!

Just saying. I was on my laptop and my keyboard is currently on the fritz. Copy that and general unwillingness to pick up my phone or iPad and I had to type JS instead of just saying.

The B and N keys are broken. BaconKing becomes acoig, and bubble becomes ule. It's a bad time.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 11:21:37 PM »

It would lead to less diversity in schools, and is not welcome, and on another note, I helped stop a proposal for school uniforms at my school.

You're doing great work! Smiley

Horrible Requirement IMO unless its those Japanese schoolgirl uniforms only for those who are appropriately attractive

oh god the atlas is killing me
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »

I don't know what's worse, Oldiesfreak putting whatever he disagrees with here or people putting obvious trolls here.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 04:46:40 PM »

Card carrying member of the prude brood. As close to female as Atlas posters get.

Hooray for misogyny!

Well I asked a legitimate question.......ftr

Nothing wrong with your question. I was deluging memphis's response.

Wyodon already took care of it.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »

This IS PPP and its very early on, PPP always overestimates democrats in polls when its not at least a half year away.

This is a bad talking point that needs to stop. I was hoping only Oldies bought into this stuff.

There are a lot of republican polls like this too (Rasmussen) that overstate the republicans chances of winning elections, this isn't a "talking point", this is stating what I think is the truth with PPP as they have a history of overstating democrats. I'm basically saying I have less trust in certain polls because they have a bias that they've proven over the years, Quinnipac in my opinion is a very trustworthy poll as they've been accurate much more often that I've examined.

We'll get lots of fun posts from Bandit come election time about how McConnell stole the election, right?

We know McConnell will try stealing it anyway. Don't know if he'll succeed.

This actually checks out with a Democratic Poll from the Mellman Group. They've got Grimes up 2 against McConnell, 44-42. Apparently, his job approval is at net -20 according to them though, at 38/58.

Among people who actually know who the candidates are, Grimes leads by 15!!!

Oh man, Mitch is so screwed!

Lots of deluge and hackery here.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 12:16:30 PM »

With regards to evolution you would rather believe a crackpot like Darwin blindly instead of men like George Washington Carver, Copernicus, Galileo, Issac Newton, Ron and Rand Paul, Kelvin, Faraday, Pascal and Pasteur amongst many others like DiVinci
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 06:04:59 PM »

Probably MSNBC, though they don't openly lie nearly as much. Both networks, of course, are tools of the bourgeois establishment.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 09:02:56 PM »

oldies pls
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 07:30:07 PM »

Massive FF.  Too bad anybody who's conservative on here is automatically blacklisted.

That's not fair. Obnoxious, overly partisan conservatives like you and barfbag get blacklisted, but intelligent, pragmatic ones like Senator Maxwell are treated with the respect they deserve. And it goes the same way with liberals.

Anyway, I think this forum will be a lot less interesting/fun/exciting for me without barfbag, even if I do think he is one of the biggest dunderheads on the planet. HP, but I want him back ASAP.

Cory, Krazen, and potentially even Oldiesfreak and Waukesha County ("Elections Guy") would be more deserving of the ban than barfy.
But I am intelligent and pragmatic.  You just don't recognize it because I also happen to be very loyal to the GOP. 
And I wouldn't really call Maxwell conservative, since he seems more moderate/liberal on a lot of social issues.
In the words of Senator Abe Ribicoff (from your home state), how hard it is to accept the truth.

Take a step back and realize that you're calling someone who's considering supporting Paul ing Broun for GA-Sen a RINO.

That's honestly the most absurd "fake conservative" accusation I've ever heard in my life.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 07:37:27 PM »

Yet another anti-GOP PPP poll, exciting!

Report.

- 36% think Obama is trying to take away your guns, including 62% of Republicans.

True, but has desperately failed to do so and will fail to do so.

Report.

- 44% of Republicans say Obama will try to stay in office beyond his current term.

This is probably ridiculous, but he is power hungry.

Report.

- 26% fear American Muslims will implement Sharia Law, including 42% of Repiblicans.

This is ridiculous, if anything the government will implement Sharia Law.

Report.

- 27% of Republicans worry electronic banking is a slippery slope to slavery, 10% of Democrats
concur.

It leads to broader economic security and less privatization, which is bad, but not slavery.

Report.

- 32% think major sporting events are rigged, 49% don't.

I don't have an opinion on this.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 03:04:19 AM »

Stahp the troll posts guys
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 09:10:36 PM »

Context:
Shout out to his dad who died in that horrible accident, RIP.

To refer to the last post, incident doesn't even begin to describe it.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 09:38:15 PM »

Context:
Shout out to his dad who died in that horrible accident, RIP.

To refer to the last post, incident doesn't even begin to describe it.
It doesn't, but I think he was more focused on the election then the tragedy that occurred a year ago. If the thread was dedicated completely to the shooting and not the political future of a man who happens to be the son of a victim, it would be different.

You don't accidentally go on a killing spree, especially when you're a white supremacist. Plus I really wouldn't call something like that an incident. What happened was far from an ordinary incident.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 10:47:45 PM »

Oops, didn't mean to say it was an accident, but an indecent. Sorry Sad
Do you mean "incident"? What about "tragedy"?

ElectionsGuy probably doesn't think it was a tragedy since they're brown and all...

Came here to post the same thing.

Not gonna lie, NH must've got a lot less positive when I left.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2013, 01:50:55 AM »

Wow, this story made me cry. I wouldn't be surprised if they got the death penalty. When will the racism in this country end?

It will end when it becomes economically unproductive to engage in such behavior.  As long as people feel they gain economically to act this way they will continue to do so.  If I as an economic entity say I refuse to engage in economic activity with group X they must think it is to their benefit.  Once they realize it is to their economic loss to do so they will stop.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 07:58:01 PM »

This is the kind of thing that would make a great story if Boston hadn't won ten championships in the past 12 years.

I think the fact that they are still reeling from the Boston Marathon bombings back in March, makes the city feel entitled to the World Series and for every call in the game to go their way.

Disgusting.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 08:18:13 PM »

This is the kind of thing that would make a great story if Boston hadn't won ten championships in the past 12 years.

I think the fact that they are still reeling from the Boston Marathon bombings back in March, makes the city feel entitled to the World Series and for every call in the game to go their way.

Disgusting.

Oh my god.

If Krazen was a Cardinals fan, this would be his response to the entire thing. Certainly warrants my response.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 08:59:04 PM »

To any other Red Sox fan, it's fine. But to anyone from New England, it's not. When you have a friend who ran in the Marathon, you have a goddamn right to take this seriously. When you realize that it could have been one of the people you literally grew up knowing since kindergarten instead of Martin Richard or Jason Collier or Lu Lingzi or Krystle Campbell, it's very personal.

When the city you grew up loving, the streets you ended up walking, and the marathon you grew up watching ends up being attacked, I don't know how you don't take this seriously.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 10:53:48 PM »

This is terrible. United Way and Make a Wish are also very bad with how they package sick kids in order to keep donations coming in.
Seriously, how is he still here, yet PolitiJunkie is banned? While PJ was as cold-hearted as they come (and ignoring that stupid Tea Party account he created), he was a MUCH better poster than barfbag ever will be.
barfbag is an annoyance. PJ was an asshole.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies