Two black people have the nerve to shop at fancy store, are promptly arrested
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 07:15:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Two black people have the nerve to shop at fancy store, are promptly arrested
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Two black people have the nerve to shop at fancy store, are promptly arrested  (Read 2386 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2013, 01:58:44 AM »
« edited: October 25, 2013, 03:49:46 AM by Joe Republic »

Separate incidents:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I eagerly await the comments from any of our resident fashion-oblivious shut-ins about how spending that type of money on accessories should be a criminal offense to begin with...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 04:43:10 AM »

]I eagerly await the comments from any of our resident fashion-oblivious shut-ins about how spending that type of money on accessories should be a criminal offense to begin with...[/size]
While this is of course true (the paragraph should be named 'criminal stupidity' or something) the much more pressing thing is... this is the same store in both incidents?

Time for a boycott campaign. Really, really, really time for a massive organized boycott to not end until they're facing bankruptcy.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 05:23:30 AM »

BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 06:38:26 AM »

Wow, this story made me cry. I wouldn't be surprised if they got the death penalty. When will the racism in this country end?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 06:56:56 AM »

When will the racism in this country end?

When there is only one race left (duhn duh duuuuhhhhh)

By the way, that one race left will be known in official documents as "vaguely Asian, but not as good at mathing and playing the violin as initially expected."
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 08:46:47 AM »

Ray Kelly's NYC.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 09:25:09 AM »

Has the word "uppity" been used yet?
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2013, 03:52:51 PM by jaichind »

Wow, this story made me cry. I wouldn't be surprised if they got the death penalty. When will the racism in this country end?

It will end when it becomes economically unproductive to engage in such behavior.  As long as people feel they gain economically to act this way they will continue to do so.  If I as an economic entity say I refuse to engage in economic activity with group X they must think it is to their benefit.  Once they realize it is to their economic loss to do so they will stop.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »

Stop and frisk policing at its finest. New York City is quite well known for this.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 04:01:40 PM »

It will end when it becomes economically unproductive to engage in such behavior.  As long as people feel they gain economically to act this way they will continue to do so.  If I as an economic entity say I refuse to engage in economic activity with group X they must think it is to their benefit.  Once they realize it is to their economic loss to do so they will stop.

That's hilariously naive.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 04:50:22 PM »

It will end when it becomes economically unproductive to engage in such behavior.  

Precisely, Jaichina - when capitalism is destroyed.  If these kind of stores were blown up and their owners guillotined, we could begin to rectify the problem.  Not before. 
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 05:12:11 PM »

lol
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »

Oh please. Racism has always been economically disadvantageous to ALL races since slavery was abolished.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 06:21:41 PM »

It will end when it becomes economically unproductive to engage in such behavior.  As long as people feel they gain economically to act this way they will continue to do so.  If I as an economic entity say I refuse to engage in economic activity with group X they must think it is to their benefit.  Once they realize it is to their economic loss to do so they will stop.
wow... this is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read.

If you want to consider and treat yourself as less than human... more power to you.  But it's offensive to me that you think I'm nothing but an "economic entity".

If you wanna play that game, we can start dragging in more unwholesome terminology that is mroe on par with less-than-human "economic entities" such as yourself.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »

By the way, that one race left will be known in official documents as "vaguely Asian, but not as good at mathing and playing the violin as initially expected."

Sigged. Thank you for that.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 08:54:13 PM »

Racism will end when we elect a black president.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »

Oh please. Racism has always been economically disadvantageous to ALL races since slavery was abolished.

Slavery was abolished in the 20th century?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 09:55:07 PM »

lol libertarians
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 10:49:13 PM »

I feel like jaichind's post is one short step away from that old libertarian favorite about the free market solving every single problem in society.  Including racism, presumably.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 10:59:59 PM »

I feel like jaichind's post is one short step away from that old libertarian favorite about the free market solving every single problem in society.  Including racism, presumably.
It's an obverse to the Marxist idea that racism is an extension of capitalism.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 11:31:59 PM »

It appears that you believe in the fallacy that all market actors will act rationally.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2013, 01:44:19 AM »

Sigged. Thank you for that.

Glad my stupidity is appreciated Smiley

It will end when it becomes economically unproductive to engage in such behavior.  As long as people feel they gain economically to act this way they will continue to do so.  If I as an economic entity say I refuse to engage in economic activity with group X they must think it is to their benefit.  Once they realize it is to their economic loss to do so they will stop.

It is economically unproductive for you to relate structural racism to economic productivity, worm. People are not robots, nor cogs in the marketplace's machinery. We are individually irrational, fearful imbeciles who will choose to do what is not in our best interests economically because we feel it is in our best interests for reasons that are only rationalized psychologically afterwards. Christ, look at the tools of advertising and marketing. We are always participating in the economy irrationally and unproductively - just as we have been trained since birth!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2013, 04:52:22 AM »

That's hilariously naive.
Nyes. Everything bar the first sentence is actually correct-ish (for gain in sentence two, read don't lose; for "it is to their benefit" read "it is not to their detriment"). It's just that the first sentence actually makes a completely different and long falsified claim.

Hence why this - presuming, as seems over likely, that this is company policy - calls for a boycott campaign.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2013, 06:01:44 AM »

Now that the recreational outrage is mostly out of the way, I'll stand up and be Joe's fashionless man and bitch about the price of the purchased items.  $350 for a belt?  WTH?  And it's got a name attached to it?  You unattractive people really do enjoy throwing your money away in the hopes of attracting people that are attracted to people that blow money on ridiculously expensive clothes.

Obviously it shouldn't be a criminal offense Joe, that would be more stupid than buying a $350 belt....but it should be shamed in the hopes that the sheep learn.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2013, 07:00:41 AM »

Now that the recreational outrage is mostly out of the way, I'll stand up and be Joe's fashionless man and bitch about the price of the purchased items.  $350 for a belt?  WTH?  And it's got a name attached to it?  You unattractive people really do enjoy throwing your money away in the hopes of attracting people that are attracted to people that blow money on ridiculously expensive clothes.

Obviously it shouldn't be a criminal offense Joe, that would be more stupid than buying a $350 belt....but it should be shamed in the hopes that the sheep learn.

I completely agree with this sentiment. I've never understood the elevated status of The Brand. It's a tremendous waste - and anyone who ogles at the majesty of The Brand is a pompous idiot. No doubt fools like jaichind use their ownership of The Brand products to assert their imaginative status.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies