Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 09:05:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 [398] 399 400 401 402 403 ... 1172
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 926611 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9925 on: April 14, 2022, 06:43:41 PM »

#Triggered
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #9926 on: April 14, 2022, 06:44:14 PM »

pussy Putin launching missiles at places far away from where he is

if he was a real man he would go out and fight in the war he created but he is a coward and weakling
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9927 on: April 14, 2022, 06:52:28 PM »

This is what happens when Putin has a temper tantrum. You know seeing a toddler throwing a fit and crying in a store aisle? That's what Putin is doing now except he's not a toddler.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9928 on: April 14, 2022, 07:03:57 PM »

The Kalimus flows from Donetsk to the Sea of Azov at Mariupol.

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9929 on: April 14, 2022, 07:06:35 PM »

Reports of explosions near Kherson as Ukrainian troops near closer to the city
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #9930 on: April 14, 2022, 07:12:41 PM »

I just discovered this twitter account and I love it:

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9931 on: April 14, 2022, 07:36:43 PM »

After saying initially the warship was afloat, late on Thursday Russian state media broke the news that the Moskva had been lost.

"While being towed... towards the destined port, the vessel lost its balance due to damage sustained in the hull as fire broke out after ammunition exploded. Given the choppy seas, the vessel sank," state news agency Tass quoted the Russian defence ministry as saying.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61114843.amp

What an unlucky ship.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9932 on: April 14, 2022, 08:04:23 PM »

Just for laughs...

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9933 on: April 14, 2022, 08:09:18 PM »

After saying initially the warship was afloat, late on Thursday Russian state media broke the news that the Moskva had been lost.

"While being towed... towards the destined port, the vessel lost its balance due to damage sustained in the hull as fire broke out after ammunition exploded. Given the choppy seas, the vessel sank," state news agency Tass quoted the Russian defence ministry as saying.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61114843.amp

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9934 on: April 14, 2022, 08:36:47 PM »

Check out the shirt the first winning kid in this commercial is wearing:

Yoda
United States

« Reply #9935 on: April 14, 2022, 08:57:01 PM »

There now needs to be a "The Virgin Moskva vs. The Chad Ukrainian Anti-Naval Defense" meme!

I've been a huge star wars fan my whole life, and I always thought this scene was a bit kitschy/lame. Well...as an adult I guess I should say(as a kid I would lose my freaking mind every one of the 1,000 times I watched ROTJ and this scene came along). An A-wing taking out the main bridge and navigation/engine capability of a Super Star Destroyer? Also, it's space, so what's causing the ship to fall, and so quickly? The Death Star's gravity? A bit of a stretch even by star wars' flimsy science standards.

That being said, if a meme was made replacing the A-wing with a Neptune missile and the Executor with the Moskva, that would probably immediately be my new favorite meme of all time.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #9936 on: April 14, 2022, 09:09:22 PM »

I hope Putin is spending every moment in vast amounts of psychological pain now that he's ruined his "legacy" and the whole world thinks he is a failure.

May he be forever haunted by the souls of those Ukrainians and his own Russian soldiers who have been killed in his pointless war.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9937 on: April 14, 2022, 09:25:28 PM »

pussy Putin launching missiles at places far away from where he is

if he was a real man he would go out and fight in the war he created but he is a coward and weakling

Pretty sure Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko would be more than willing to challenge Putin to single handed combat with no weapons other than the human body in exchange for Russia withdrawal from Ukraine.

His brother Wladimir would likely be willing to serve as a proxy in case Vitali runs into Mayor distractions caused by Russian bombings.

His brother, Wladimir Klitcschko, also a former heavyweight world champion boxer, has joined the effort and is often by his brother's side — which is how it's been throughout their lives.

"We all stand together and we're highly motivated to defend our country because this is our home," Wladimir, 46, said during one of the brothers' joint interviews to international press in March.

https://people.com/politics/kyiv-mayor-klitschko-brother-bond-boxing-defend-ukraine/
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9938 on: April 14, 2022, 10:06:06 PM »

So one of the geolocation dudes I follow on Twitter has now shifted a bit from Afghanistan to Ukraine (Bit more of a team effort there).

Worth checking Benjamin and team out....

So if anybody is interested in geo-location data suspect it will crop up here:

Don't want to go totally to the dark side, but our comrades are starting to look especially closely at specific war crime investigations involving civilians in regions of Russian Occupiers within Ukraine

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9939 on: April 14, 2022, 10:40:43 PM »

How do you buy these stamps?

They'll become collectibles one day.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9940 on: April 14, 2022, 10:48:21 PM »

Phillips slamming on the latest CSR Report.

Plus looks like he's seeing indications that Ukraine might counter-attack on the Belarus Front.

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9941 on: April 14, 2022, 10:50:24 PM »

AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

« Reply #9942 on: April 14, 2022, 10:51:44 PM »

This is the website that I was directed to from the main Ukrposhta site when I wanted to buy something from them: http://pm.ukrposhta.ua/nishop.php

The website is running extremely slow and timed out multiple times before I could place an order (I wonder if they are getting overloaded by people that want the stamps). They didn't take any payment and wouldn't until my order was about to be fulfilled, so 🤷🏻‍♂️
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #9943 on: April 14, 2022, 11:18:13 PM »

The cope levels are off the scale. I am fine with this.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9944 on: April 14, 2022, 11:22:01 PM »

If Ukraine attacks Belarus that will be their downfall.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9945 on: April 14, 2022, 11:32:13 PM »

If Ukraine attacks Belarus that will be their downfall.
I don’t see any reason to think Ukraine would preemptive strike Belarus, it’d be more beneficial on the ground to have Belarus enter without justification as it would likely lead to army mutiny and domestic upheaval
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #9946 on: April 15, 2022, 12:07:46 AM »
« Edited: April 15, 2022, 12:27:03 AM by Storr »

Holy s*** this is blatantly genocidal talk being shared on the most popular Russian "news" program. The guy speaking even says he agrees with Victoria Nuand's statement claiming Putin's goal is 'to erase the idea of being Ukrainian".

Also, the claim that Ukrainian identity was magically created 100 years ago by the Bolsheviks in 1919 when the Ukrainian SSR was formed, is laughably ridiculous.

For example, the song that is now the Ukrainian national anthem, it's title translated into English being 'The glory and freedom of Ukraine has not yet perished', was first performed in 1864.

Hell, why in the first (and only, the second was going to be in 1915) Russian Imperial Census in 1897 was there a language category of "Little Russian" if Ukrainians were simply Russians until 1919? Little Russia or Malorossiya is an archaic term akin to Novorossiya, but applies to all of Ukraine as opposed to only what is now South Ukraine.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9947 on: April 15, 2022, 12:25:30 AM »

So unconfirmed social media reports is that Putin has had the Chief Admiral of the Black Sea Fleet arrested, which probably means Putin is going to pull a Darth Vader on him if true.

Not really a scapegoat though, the guy was on the Moskva and thus made the choice to pursue a Ukrainian drone. I believe they shot down the drone but in the process put the ship in a blind spot which allowed the Neptune missiles to hit it. Taking the bait was an amateur mistake.

There's now way for Russia to replace the Moskva because they only have two other comparable ships and neither is in particularly good working order. Even if they were or if Russia opted to ignore this, they can't make it to the Black Sea without going through the straight in Turkey, which won't let them in. And the Moskva was also shielding the rest of the Black Sea Fleet from the Neptunes, it was the only ship in the fleet with a notable anti-missile defense. Hence why the rest of the fleet has withdrawn to safe areas. They can't go out again without being exposed to the anti-ship defenses.

So Ukraine actually has naval superiority now. Who would've ever expected that?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9948 on: April 15, 2022, 12:37:19 AM »

Can't believe you all fell for the nonsense Ukranian Nazi Propaganda. Great warship has ability to be a submarine now. We are now figuring how to raise it back up.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9949 on: April 15, 2022, 12:37:43 AM »

This is the website that I was directed to from the main Ukrposhta site when I wanted to buy something from them: http://pm.ukrposhta.ua/nishop.php

The website is running extremely slow and timed out multiple times before I could place an order (I wonder if they are getting overloaded by people that want the stamps). They didn't take any payment and wouldn't until my order was about to be fulfilled, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hopefully they aren't limited edition.

Believe I had posted within the past day or so about my previous history as a stamp collector and that purchases from foreign countries would likely go directly into the Ukrainian Gvts pockets.

If Ukrainians are able to export internationally with various mint and collectables for various "friendly countries" suspect their might be additional revenue streams, perhaps even stamp collectors within "Mother Russia".

Sounds like we got a UK Citizen who volunteered for the International Brigade in Ukraine, who is effectively a POW.

British Mail can mint some stamps...

Postal Stamps from throughout the world can show solidarity with Ukraine, with revenue directly flowing towards the Ukrainian Mail Services.

Polish Stamps...

French Stamps...

Swedish Stamps...

Keep the Ukrainian Postal Service running with indirect support for UKR-GVT funding, since after all most likely those of us in North American and Western Europe will likely be paying for reconstruction efforts in Ukraine, since doubtful Russia will ever have to directly pay for the cost of their "War of Choice".

Meanwhile, we are still donating to Doctors without Borders, plus my wife has a new celeb chef delivery site where all of the profits go the Ukrainian Refugees.

Not quite sure what else we can do than donate "each according to their means and each according to their abilities".

Not WW I with a "Rep Scene" looming, but still def not WW II (At this point) when "European Capital" is now reluctantly accepting immigrants from a major War Zone, who coincidentally happen to be "White", "Christian", and "European"...

Let's see how this all plays out in France, where quite frankly not a big fan of either, but def not supporting the daughter of Le Pen, effectively running as a reconstructed Fascist and Putanista booster in the days.

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 [398] 399 400 401 402 403 ... 1172  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies