JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:08:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted  (Read 30880 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: June 03, 2010, 02:21:05 PM »

I think a couple of you technically joined some other party. I hate to be a pain, but under party rules (that you yourself proposed Fritz) you need to a member for ~7 days to be able to vote in the convention. There's a good chance we won't be voting for 7 or so days so I might recommend changing your registration back now if you want to participate in the endorsements and what not. Wink

Damn, true, I forgot Convention will be soon before I started this thing Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 04:12:56 AM »

K, I'm back.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 02:32:23 PM »

GREETINGS FELLOW FREE-WILLED HUMANS

You're a robot Angry
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »

[/thinly disguised Senatorial ambitions Tongue]

Angry

That's not fair. I'm here for almost a year and I'm just some Lt. Governor Cry
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »

[/thinly disguised Senatorial ambitions Tongue]

Angry

That's not fair. I'm here for almost a year and I'm just some Lt. Governor Cry

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you'd be a favourite candidate for the party's endorsment, as opposed to me. Smiley

You're better off. Pacific is easy.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 07:44:37 AM »

So when do we vote on endorsements (BTW, we're still in time to change the party's name, if anyone still cares) ?

Every time we tried to change the name, it went to nothing, so I don't care anymore Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 07:24:52 AM »

So when do we vote on endorsements (BTW, we're still in time to change the party's name, if anyone still cares) ?

Every time we tried to change the name, it went to nothing, so I don't care anymore Smiley

^^^^ this.

Hans has made very valid point, btw. Trademark name we may not find perfect, but it's a trademark. Do we really want to become another desperate RPP, which changes it's name on weekly basis? Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 08:54:09 PM »

Is there a by-law that states the party must endorse party members first?  If so, I would like to move that be changed.  My specific concern is the Southeast Senate race.

Speaking of endorsements, shouldn't we get busy voting on those?

I don't know how it works, remember that during convention last year there was a vote if to endorse Yankee or Gporter (in other cases all JCP-ers get top preferences automatically).

Btw, we can just expell him and get rid of that troll problem Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 08:16:46 PM »

Anyway, I hope you all realize that onvention is hopelessly anemic and boring.

Let's do something Angry
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 02:25:00 AM »

President
[No way] RosettaStoned/useful idiot (POP/POP)
[3] afleitch/? (DA)
[1] Purple State/Marokai Blue (DA/JCP)
[4] No endorsement
[2] Write In: Teddy/Ernest

Northeast Senator
[1] Eraserhead (JCP)
[] Dallasfan65 (POP)
[2] No endorsement

Mideast Senator
[1-2] Boris (JCP)
[1-2] hawkeye59 (JCP)

[4] Franzl (DA)
[5] Inks.LWC (RPP)
[3] Al (C)
[6] Yougo (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Southeast Senator
[1] GPORTER (JCP)
[] North Carolina Yankee (RPP)
[2] No endorsement

Midwest Senator
[1] Franken (JCP)
[2] SvenssonRS (POP)
[3] No endorsement

Pacific Senator
[1] Bgwah (JCP)
[2] Xahar (C)
[3] Ogis
[  ] No endorsement
[/quote]
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 06:57:59 AM »

Is there a by-law that states the party must endorse party members first?  If so, I would like to move that be changed.  My specific concern is the Southeast Senate race.

Speaking of endorsements, shouldn't we get busy voting on those?

I LOUDLY and STRONGLY protest the endorsement vote currently taking place.

I asked a specific question about party rules, and made a motion to have them changed.  Both the question and the motion were blatantly ignored by our esteemed leader, Bgwah.  My motion should have been put to a vote.

I cannot in good conscience vote to endorse GPORTER, who recklessly and shamelessly lies about and distorts his esteemed opponent's record.  Nor can I vote to endorse Boris and hawkeye59, who are the two least qualified of the five on the list.

Bgwah's rules could have been interpreted to mean we must first endorse the PS/MB ticket.  Interesting that they were not interpreted that way.

I am leaving the party now.  If I ever return, I will challenge Bgwah for the leadership.

Actually, I second Fritz's feelings.

Shame.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 07:01:27 AM »

The campaign is very encouraged by the strong showing of support in the JCP convention.

Roll Eyes

I think we should consider removing bgwah and adopting less authoritarian leadership.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 07:05:18 AM »

President
[No way] RosettaStoned/useful idiot (POP/POP)
[3] afleitch/? (DA)
[1] Purple State/Marokai Blue (DA/JCP)
[4] No endorsement
[2] Write In: Teddy/Ernest

Northeast Senator
[1] Eraserhead (JCP)
[] Dallasfan65 (POP)
[2] No endorsement

Mideast Senator
[1-2] Boris (JCP)
[1-2] hawkeye59 (JCP)

[4] Franzl (DA)
[5] Inks.LWC (RPP)
[3] Al (C)
[6] Yougo (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Southeast Senator
[1] GPORTER (JCP)
[] North Carolina Yankee (RPP)
[2] No endorsement

Midwest Senator
[1] Franken (JCP)
[2] SvenssonRS (POP)
[3] No endorsement

Pacific Senator
[1] Bgwah (JCP)
[2] Xahar (C)
[3] Ogis
[  ] No endorsement

I invalide my vote in protest.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 12:11:12 PM »

I'm not going to agree to Bgwah challenges, but I do support the others' and their position on mandatory endorsements. The need to support our party members is very very very important, and I encourage a GOTV effort for them all, regardless of who they are, but there are also other very good candidates, like Franzl, that people should definitely be able to endorse first if they desire.

Sorry, but supporting someone just because he happened to register in JCP and is only running is not enough, esspecially if Gporter is not only a joke, but also someone who have nothing in common with JCP.

Also, I think it's a time to move forward from one-chairman-eternal-rule. Even PCP or Hamiltonians seems to be actually more Democratic than US. Shame, guys.

We don't support him. He just get 1st endorsment by Bgwah sole decision.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 12:13:40 PM »

Also, a hypotetical situation:

DWTL returns, registers in JCP and happens to be only registered JCP-er to run for Senate, let say, in Northeast.

So, that gives him automatic 1st preference endorsement?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 05:22:54 PM »

I'm not going to agree to Bgwah challenges, but I do support the others' and their position on mandatory endorsements. The need to support our party members is very very very important, and I encourage a GOTV effort for them all, regardless of who they are, but there are also other very good candidates, like Franzl, that people should definitely be able to endorse first if they desire.

Sorry, but supporting someone just because he happened to register in JCP and is only running is not enough, esspecially if Gporter is not only a joke, but also someone who have nothing in common with JCP.

Also, I think it's a time to move forward from one-chairman-eternal-rule. Even PCP or Hamiltonians seems to be actually more Democratic than US. Shame, guys.

I don't know why people say that I have nothing in common with the JCP...I would be worried to have someone in political office who had everything in common with their party. One who only said things just to get elected. I have said time and time again that I do have things in common with the JCP. If I had nothing in common with the party, then I would leave the party. Some of my most passionite issues that I have stances on are in line with the JCP. Immigration, taxes, and the economy in general. I am sure if we looked at everything, that we would find some other agreements. So, people are saying that I am lying, those same people should look in the mirror because they are lying about me when they say that I have nothing in common with the JCP.

And I like what Marokai said about the party. Should a party support their own members when they run for office? Of course they should...it is not me abandoning the party but the party abandoning the candidate when they refuse to support the candidate.

And I personally feel abandoned by the party because in all of my campaigns, I have never had a GOTV effort for me. I feel like it could have made a strong difference in the campaign.

So, the govenor and others are trying to attack me just for the sake of attacking me. They hate me, we can all see that and then they call me immature when the fact is, they have a lot more growing to do than I do. Attacking someone over and over again just because they hate him is not mature trust me.

Oh my God, poor Gporter, everybody hates him Roll Eyes

DO you really think Fritz left because he hates you? He had problem with someone else, other deeper problem you represent at the moment.

And you, well, sorry but you're always deaf of what other people are saying, always. That's regard other boards, but Atlasia too. You're a mental.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 06:11:52 PM »

I don't know why people say that I have nothing in common with the JCP...I would be worried to have someone in political office who had everything in common with their party. One who only said things just to get elected. I have said time and time again that I do have things in common with the JCP. If I had nothing in common with the party, then I would leave the party. Some of my most passionite issues that I have stances on are in line with the JCP. Immigration, taxes, and the economy in general. I am sure if we looked at everything, that we would find some other agreements. So, people are saying that I am lying, those same people should look in the mirror because they are lying about me when they say that I have nothing in common with the JCP.

And I like what Marokai said about the party. Should a party support their own members when they run for office? Of course they should...it is not me abandoning the party but the party abandoning the candidate when they refuse to support the candidate.

And I personally feel abandoned by the party because in all of my campaigns, I have never had a GOTV effort for me. I feel like it could have made a strong difference in the campaign.

So, the govenor and others are trying to attack me just for the sake of attacking me. They hate me, we can all see that and then they call me immature when the fact is, they have a lot more growing to do than I do. Attacking someone over and over again just because they hate him is not mature trust me.

DO you really think Fritz left because he hates you? He had problem with someone else, other deeper problem you represent at the moment.

And you, well, sorry but you're always deaf of what other people are saying, always. That's regard other boards, but Atlasia too. You're a mental.
when u say other boards...r u talkin about just on this website?

Yes, but what are you doing on other boards is non-issue here in fact. Enough with all mess you're causing here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 06:15:16 PM »

when u say other boards...r u talkin about just on this website?

Yes, but what are you doing on other boards is non-issue here in fact. Enough with all mess you're causing here.
I think u comin after me w/ all of these attacks is the mess here. I am just running a campaign.

Your campaign became a huge problem to the party. First of all, you're spreading an untrue you have "support at the convention". Bulls**t. We just lost highly valuable member because because of bgwah unitelary seting "first preference" for you.

I don't want JCP to lose members because of joke campaign of someone, who never contributed to the party. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 06:19:05 PM »

Anyway, while JCP needs a serious reforms, as Bgwah's actions showed us, right now I'd formally like the floor to declare Gporter as not a JCP nominee.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »

All right, withdrawn. Right now, since there's nothing we can do about, we'll just come throught election.

But I'm going to return to the bigger problem after PS/MB election/.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 07:22:14 AM »

I apologize for emotional form of my recent activity at the convention. However, we should return to the basic discussion after the election.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »

So, since the elections are over, can we continue, as Bgwah promised or not?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 04:02:55 PM »

Guys, I'd like to say that I have no problems with bgwah's leadership itself. After all he builded a party which became the strongest power in Atlasia and continues to be one for years.

I may have problem with some details. Esspecially endorsement settings. Naturally JCP should support it's members running for office, but there are, well, special cases.

Why won't we introduce a primaries?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 05:54:34 PM »

Let see there are 2 JCP-er interested in running for Governor/Lt. Governor/Regional Senators. So they should run in primary (where all registered JCP-er in region votes) to determine, who'll be a nominee with official party backing.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 06:45:46 PM »

Let see there are 2 JCP-er interested in running for Governor/Lt. Governor/Regional Senators. So they should run in primary (where all registered JCP-er in region votes) to determine, who'll be a nominee with official party backing.

Meh, maybe.

Primary actually would make game more interesting.

And as of Bgwah question, just one JCP-er running is in most of the cases an easy situation. But there are special cases.

How to determine which case is, um, special and how to handle them?

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies